Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY without landline - confirmation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Irulan

Originally posted by Tony
    Perhaps you could ask your contact if new contracts were issued for this

purpose?

No new Contracts issued.

Originally posted by Irulan
    He said contracts remain the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Well in that case nothing has really changed officially so I'd be very wary if I were a retailer as he will be the one to pay up if it all goes wrong.

Tony

Originally posted by Tony

No new Contracts issued.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Its about bloody time that SKY have seen sense .I put up with the pain of having Chorus cause I refuse to get a landline and pay the ridiculous Eircom landline charges.I rang SKY on a number of occasions and they said I couldn't get connected unless I had a landline! They've only been shooting themselves in the feet all this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PK - the king

The sky monthly callback thingy sounds a tad bit suspicious. They INSIST on you having the phoneline connected up. Why? It can't be totally for "security". What is being sent to (and from) the digibox?

Tony - what is the reasoning behind the fact that sky charge the INSTALLER if the customer arses up and plugs out the phoneline? :eek: :eek: Should they not be charging the customer?

NO SENSE!!! :D:D

Originally posted by PK - the king

Tony - what is the reasoning behind the fact that sky charge the INSTALLER if the customer arses up and plugs out the phoneline? :eek: :eek: Should they not be charging the customer?

NO SENSE!!! :D:D

Yes they should but they dont as retailer is a much softer target than a customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

there has been an ad in the Killarney Advertiser for the past two weeks, stating that sky can be installed without the landline....

i think i'll be giving that retailer a wide berth:D

Ooh, what be the name of that installer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Went in to Dixons in the Swords Pavilion on Sunday and asked about SKY without a landline.The sales assistant told me they were doing it but he thought they weren't starting till the following day.He then asked a colleague who said they could sign me up there and then but it was three minutes to six and the shop was closing so I decided to leave it for another day.Which was just aswell cause I walked past Dixons in the Jervis Street Centre today and they had a big poster advertising a "Free DVD Player with every Free Sky Installation, No Landline Required".I signed up and received my free dvd player straight away.The dvd player is an APEX,a basic model but plays dvd'r/cd-r/cd-rw and MP3.

Ooh, what be the name of that installer?
    I cant remember, but I'll have a look around the house to see if the advertiser hasnt been thrown out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Saw a stand in Douglas Court Shopping Centre yesterday offering Sky with free install. The was also a big sign saying land-line opt out available.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Found a guy who will install Sky digital without a phone line Required in the dublin region its:

SR communications

Tel:01 2864381

Mob:085 727 7687

Email:skysatellitetv@eircom.net

installations from €75.

hope this helps.

Maybe you could put this on the sticky supplier thread?

Tony

Dixons in the Square, Tallaght have a sign up in their store offering sky digital without the landline, AND they are running it in conjunction with the free sky offer/one months free premium channel viewing too. :D

Interesting, so they are not charging a premium for non landline connections?

Dixons in the Square, Tallaght have a sign up in their store offering sky digital without the landline, AND they are running it in conjunction with the free sky offer/one months free premium channel viewing too. :D

It would indeed seem that way. But I'm convinced there has to be some sort of catch though...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It would indeed seem that way. But I'm convinced there has to be some sort of catch though...

If you find out more information on this, don't hesitate to let us know! ;)

Originally posted by dmeehan
    I cant remember, but I'll have a look around the house to see if the advertiser hasnt been thrown out
    its the retailer in the tesco shopping centre in Killarney town (ie not the tesco on Park Rd.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sillysammy

u really only need a phone line if u want to get pay per view.i cancelled my phone 2 yrs ago and a couple of months later changed from chorus crap to sky.i told the installer wen he got here that i dident have a phone line anymore.he rigged it up anyway

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

sillysammy wrote: »
    u really only need a phone line if u want to get pay per view.i cancelled my phone 2 yrs ago and a couple of months later changed from chorus crap to sky.i told the installer wen he got here that i dident have a phone line anymore.he rigged it up anyway

sillysammy
    look at the date of the post before your's this thread is over 6 years old.

Advertisement