Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky New Oireland's first fcuk up!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Wexford is the noo capital! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

:D Bloody twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've sent it to The Star, maybe they'll use it, considering their stance in the market place.

I'm sure someone in the Sindo would like that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Liked it so much Ive changed my emblem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Go Figure!

Originally posted by Buckfast
    Check this out:

http://skynewscentre.co.uk/images/ireland/1advert/17.jpg

It's also on the actual promo. Saw it last nite on Sky One!!

If they don't even know where Dublin is on a map, what chance have they of succeeding???

God you are all been incredibly picky. Lets wait to see the actual bulletins before dismissing them. Personally I am delighted to finally see an Irish element to a 24 hour news station, maybe it will put pressure on RTE to finally launch one of their own.:confused:

That was a bit of a generalisation Go Figure. I'm not dismissing Sky News Ireland, I personally think it will do well, I welcome it. But you have to laff at this effort of a promo, its a gaffe. If this does get into the hands of the likes of the Sindo etc, they will make hay. This is just pure dumb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭maisflocke

Check this out:

http://skynewscentre.co.uk/images/ireland/1advert/17.jpg

It's also on the actual promo. Saw it last nite on Sky One!!

If they don't even know where Dublin is on a map, what chance have they of succeeding???

Buckfast,

you forgot to point out who it was that discovered Sky's wee geographical cock-up.

come on - credit where credit is due! ;)
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=123620

I did intend posting it here, but assume that most of you like myself also lurk around the digital spy forums and would have found it there - one thing I personally hate is duplicate postings on two separate forums :D

I dont freqent myself over that way anymore, so this was news to me, but yes, common boards.ie and ICDG practice is to quote where you got it from.

We all remember the UTV thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by DMC
    I dont freqent myself over that way anymore, so this was news to me, but yes, common boards.ie and ICDG practice is to quote where you got it from.

Only go over there to laugh at the muppetry. Much more grown up here(*).

DMC - what's this about UTV? Is it coming to sky? :D:D

* Except for Mossy of course - he's only small.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DMC

How did a topic of little light humour suddenly become a discussion on ICDG best practices?
    Buckfast, thanks for the joke:D , and maisflocke good spot, period. End of story.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Apols to Maisflocke .... would have posted a credit, but since the changeover to the new board style on DS, it takes ages to load each page, so there was no way I was goin waiting to check up on a name. Sorry!

GoFigure— I sincerely hope this isn't the start of things to come — and I'm assuming the promo was produced in Ingerland. Otherwise the graphics department need to be fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭Genghis

Add the Sunday Business Post 'Last Post' column to your list of 'those who should know'. Not only do they display aweekly distaste for Murdoch, they also have a staunch nationalist pride and a keen wit. They'll rip the piss out of them good and proper.

BTW the timing is great - Sundays papers for Mondays launch!

Apols to Maisflocke..

Apols accepted ;)

(I arnt really that bad - honest)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Maybe Sky News Ireland knows something about the government's plans for decentralisation that we don't !!!!

They're just going to move Dublin, lock stock and barrel, down to the South East.

Just think, no more huge tailbacks on the M50, the Luas running silently through the empty streets of the capital (with no public to get it dirty), buses always on time without the tedious delay of picking up passengers ...... ah yes, Sky News have it sussed alright !!!!

Ah but there are too many one-bridge towns for my liking in the South East! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

They are still showing it!(00:18) Cannot believe they have not copped it!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Dont get so excited about Skys poor Geographic knowledge

An Post doesn't know where Cyprus is and have moved it to where Crete should be on the new stamps.......

It will be far easier for Sky to correct their cock up!!

Tubbs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭swoofer

i thought sky news were making the point, this is for DUBLIN only, rest of us dont matter????

gb--

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PK - the king

That's only a map of dublin county, in'it??? Not, as some seem to think, the south east coast of ireland. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭swoofer

exactly my point.

gb---

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Word on the street is Rupert Murdock is paying big bucks to have Wexford re-named as Dublin so he can save face on this one....

Flogen

Originally posted by PK - the king
    That's only a map of dublin county, in'it??? Not, as some seem to think, the south east coast of ireland. :confused:
    Thats crap, the outline of Dublin county does not look even remotely like Sky's map outline.
    Every contour suggests its definitely Wexford.

Actally looking at it further although it does look like its in Rosslare, it could also be Holland...
    Amsterdam:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Actally looking at it further although it does look like its in Rosslare, it could also be Holland...

Only if the blue dot is in the North Sea! :dunno:

"News just coming in suggests the Dublin government have made a U-turn on the Dublin relocation plans. Catch the latest coverage during the next advertisment opt-out, exclusively on Sky News Ireland"

;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Somebody at Sky News finally seems to have realised their mistake. A new version of the trailer has appeared, this time featuring Grainne Seoige, and without the offending graphic.

That they allowed this to run for half a week is a big problem for their credibility...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Anyone know if this appeared in any of yesterdays papers, spent the day sleeping so didn't read any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

It was mentioned (without a picture) in Ireland On Sunday.

Advertisement