Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another drink from a few years ago

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

I remember Schizan alright, it had a yellow label and came in cans or bottles. You can still buy somthing like it, its called Ame and its ridiculously expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Hecate
    I remember Schizan alright, it had a yellow label and came in cans or bottles. You can still buy somthing like it, its called Ame and its ridiculously expensive.

any idea where we get this ridiculous expensive stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Spar, tesco, superquinn....its not exactly hard to find, usually lumped in with the juices and soft drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

man, i'd kill everyone in this room right now for a waggon wheel....
    But anyway when i was 12 or 13 we used steal from a drinks warehouse and among the stuff we got were babychams, but also Woodies Alcoholic Lemonade and Grog, that was orange woodies came in a variety of flavous, they were the original alcopops i believe.
    Also a drink that dissappeared as quickly as it appeared was Liptonice, an ice tea sold in a can endorsed by John Macenroe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by lyonsy
    Also a drink that dissappeared as quickly as it appeared was Liptonice, an ice tea sold in a can endorsed by John Macenroe.
    Ice-teas of varying types are still to be got (at least in Austria). Peach flavoured ice-tea being the one that I really don't like the thoughts of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

ya but im pretty sure the liptonice thing was a first for ireland, at least until aldi and lidl came along

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Anybody remember snowball?

It was lemonade and advocat (I think) and it was sold in small, babycham like green bottles in a six pack.

I used to love them. Desperately sweet, with a bitter aftertaste. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Anyone remember 'Tizer' ; It was a real fizzy thirst quencher, available in large bottles at a very reasonable price. With the choice of a number of flavours ?..

tom dunne,

Snowballs have always been available in licensed premises. Any real barman knows how to make it in an instant. My Mother loved Snowballs, thats how I know about the drink, and I am sure you can still have one made for you - upon request. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭df001i6876

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Anyone remember 'Tizer' ; It was a real fizzy thirst quencher, available in large bottles at a very reasonable price. With the choice of a number of flavours ?..

tom dunne,

Snowballs have always been available in licensed premises. Any real barman knows how to make it in an instant. My Mother loved Snowballs, thats how I know about the drink, and I am sure you can still have one made for you - upon request. ;)
    i think they still sell it in liverpool very good drink. better than coke. tizer never seen it in a plastic bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

ah schizan, i thought i was theonly one who drank it, i used to buy the little cans by the dozen, i was in spain last year and came across it.
    Canada Dry, the best ginger ale ever made, i could only stomach about half a litre of it though, it used to make my teeth feel funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Tanora is alive and well and drunk in large quantities here in Cork. Beautiful drink - I remember a national tv campaign back in the early 90's - I guess it never took off.

I remember the Canada Dry adds - i thought "Discovered in 87 countries" or words to that effect was one of their slogans.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

tizer can be bought in the newsagent's in killiney shopping center in co dublin,
    evilly nice drink that,
    also iced tea is being sold on the contenient, well in berlin it's being sold in the hostel i'm in anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭moggie

Can't believe I'm the first to mention this but Smirnoff Mule kicked gingerale and vodka drink ass!
    mad easy to get into ya
    a bottle gone in one thirsty slug
    made my 21st
    and 20th now that I come to think of it:rolleyes: :D

the bottle has/had a weird metalllic salmon colour wrapping

Advertisement