Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enid Blyton and the Famous Five

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Originally posted by neev

Does anyone remember the Cherry Tree Farm (or something like that) series?
    These kids moved to a farm. All I remember was one of them was called Benji (he had a dog called True), one was called Penny, one was called Rory, and they had a carthorse called Darling. Oh and they were friends with a wild man called Tammylan! I don't remember a lot of the sexist/racist stuff but I do remember in the Famous Five TV show, "Tiiimmmy the dooooogggggg" was a different breed of dog every series!

There was a Willow Farm novel too
    possibly 2/3 books altogether between Cherry and Willow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

I read several of the books as a kid growing up in the 70s, and watched the Southern TV series. The one thing about that first series though was that it was clearly modern-times, with 1970s hair styles and clothes, newer cars, and so on.

When the new ITV series rolled out a few years ago I decided to watch it to see what sort of of job they made of it (so I'm a big kid :)). It's not often that I find a modern remake of something particularly good, but in this case I think the producer's did a good job of keeping the stories in the original era.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Originally posted by Adeptus Titanicus
    Also Class! Jupiter Jones, Pete Crenshaw and... can't remember the third.... I loved their hideout in Jupiter's Uncle's junkyard.

Bob Andrews, wasn't it?
    I think they did a second series based on the three when they were 18ish years old, which was quite decent iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bumblebeemouth

Never read the books but when I watched the episodes on tv I used to think George was a boy!!! Then one day it hit me.........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I suppsoe it was the innocence of youth but it never dawned on me that george was a lesbian character - more of a transexual - before her time I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Para||eL
    Bob Andrews, wasn't it?
    Think so. In charge of "records" ("get dusty in libraries")

Advertisement