Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRICK in UCD library

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Seamus old chum, work in a library do ya?

Only jokin, I agree, me and D4 heads dont mix, must be my Finglas blood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

[pompous little D4 pricks all day,

Hey man, thats racist on D4 pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Looks like D4 boys are the new Skangers

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Draupnir
    Seamus old chum, work in a library do ya?
    No, I just had to listen to the little **** in college.

Originally posted by tba
    Looks like D4 boys are the new Skangers

hey now , I doubt that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Hmm,. when I was in UCD, the library was always full of people, but quiet. It was unsettling, but at least everyone was getting their work done!

I'd agree with people getting thrown out for talking tbh. I mean, as others have mentioned, it *is* a library, and there *are* 2 bars plus loads of other places to hang out on UCD campus if you just wanna chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by Aurther Hugh
    hey now , I doubt that

well just look at the abuse they get:dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

meh i can't stand the library avoid it like the plague, though i do think a couple of the library guys are pricks that take much much joy in there work, like the bald guy with the moustache, i.e. the cowboy and then there is the other guy with the glasses who goes over to the science canteen for there lunch each day.

but then there is some of the other guys who seem alright, however i won't leave the library if one of them came up to me as i was having a quiet conversation with some one, it could be about coursework or whatever they don't know. they'd be best of spending their time policing the people that leave their seats for 3 or 4 hours on the trot, while people who wanna study are walking around aimlessly

god bless the physics library

data

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

there is nothing more annoying than a ****ing ignorant **** talking out load and making himself heard!!

i have had to restrin myself manytimes over the last fours years cause of feckers like you

if i were him i would have decked ya

A lot of is jealousy, Im from D4 and was in UCD until last year and I remember some chap turing around to me in a lecture and giving me loads for no reason ! Complete asshole. There's a big S Dub private school contingency in UCD and I think some people find that intimidating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

UCD is a load of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

2 bars in UCD)

More than two son :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

ok a number of things have been said about superman here that i feel i must defend him on

1) he is black

2) he lives in rathfarnham

3) the reason he stopped posting was ha went to work.

4) it was a brief quiet conversation

5) He over reacts alot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    meh i can't stand the library avoid it like the plague, though i do think a couple of the library guys are pricks that take much much joy in there work, like the bald guy with the moustache, i.e. the cowboy ...

The Cowboy is a legend - really nice guy actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

More than 2 bars?? Thats what I get for going to DCU.

Although, I went to UCD once for the day and stole a brick from a buildin site, then threw it in the lake thing, as I remember Ireland were playing Andorra in Barcelona and I was steaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

More than two son

Yeah I debated whether to put 'at least' in there.
    There was only the shack of a student bar & the sports bar when I was there :p

/me remembers the Fosters free beer promotions fondly. Well I was a student *ahem* :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh, in the Carlow IT library nobody seems to give a **** about talking out loud, whether its in person or on the phone etc.
    However, walk in there with a drink or some food and Buzz Lightyear will be all over your ass straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

"A lot of is jealousy, Im from D4 and was in UCD until last year and I remember some chap turing around to me in a lecture and giving me loads for no reason ! Complete asshole. There's a big S Dub private school contingency in UCD and I think some people find that intimidating."

'cmon now. No one turns around in a lecture and gives someone an earful without reason???

It's very sad to see some peoples attitude here belittling another persons job like that. Very sad indeed.

Originally posted by davidwwalsh
    The Cowboy is a legend - really nice guy actually.

perhaps we're all just judging these people from a few words they've had with us or how they treated others or what not. however i still think they take too much pleasure in what they do and the cowboy never really gives the girls any hassle or that was the talk when i used to be in the library

you could amuse me now by telling me that you actually are the cowboy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

i have found libro-cop entertaining. you can watch the distorted reflections of stuff in his head.

I wonder does he wax it?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by alleepally
    [B

'cmon now. No one turns around in a lecture and gives someone an earful without reason???

[/B]

True as god ! The guy derserved such a slap ! When thats the kinda thing you gotta contend with you could be forgiven for setting yourself apart from the rest of the student population !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Originally posted by m4cker
    ok a number of things have been said about superman here that i feel i must defend him on

Regardless of what the circumstances were (including the possibility of racism on the part of the librarian) calling the guy a prick and refusing to show id was a less than ideal way to respond to it. To my mind politely inquiring why you were being asked to leave for a 'first offence' and stating that you were not going to do it again then taking the issue up with a more senior librarian / the students union later on would have been better. No offence intended, but while I think the librarian was a bit over zealous, I just think you over reacted .

A couple of questions:

Was it obvious that you were the one who had started the conversation? (Did you walk over to him or something like that)

Was your friend told not to talk or asked to leave at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I went to a south dublin private school and still get irritated by the pricks that insist on talking for hours in the lib. Today for example was this one girl(who wasn't even attractive) who had at least two people with her for the hour I was there. At one point there were 8 there. Then there's the lads who don't realise that when you walk through the doors into the study areas that you should quieten down a wee bit.

just a little consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by uberwolf
    (who wasn't even attractive)
    Because otherwise it would be fine?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

ok i been workin my ass off and i'm back to answer all the q's you have:

leeroybrown: if you use "Regardless of what the circumstances" i think the world would function, no my mate walked over to me desk! its not like I was throwin gang signs cross the way. Oh and my mate slyed off!

m4cker: I over react - what about when you beat spoirt over a shoe (in joke)

The cowboy guy is ok.

Dataisgod: a left seat is fair game for the takin!

magpie: every true gangsta rappa needs his degree in how to an ill freestyla! Chuccch! a.k.a BA English

Brigader:"I think it is time to act with a little bit of maturity and stop trying to be a gangster rapping mofo" yeah and IM the one casusing racial tension :)

neev: Yes i agree it was not 3 people, we were not laughing, we were having a quiet word less than a min a most.

I WAS NOT JIVE TALKIN!!!!:):):)

i have nothin against country boyo's* just thatr everyone knows who we talkin about when D4 and country is used ( * note i dont call them boggers)

thanks Draupnir and everyone who supports me, Sick and tired of all you other over-rule following folk. Time we all took it alot easier!!!

SHAAAMMOOOIIINN!!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He was talking in the library? HANG HIM!

fupping hell, serial chatters are one thing, but how are you supposed to communicate with people if you need/want to do something? sign language?

some of the libro-cops are a bunch ****ing humourless dickheads... the beardy wrestler one who holds the bar back for people and never moves from the entrance is alright though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

yeah the beard guy is ok, he knows its ONLY A LIBRARY!! and not mission control! :)

aye he's sound and i've seen him help sort out books in the morning and stuff on the second floor, but maybe they all do this.

superman a empty sit is not necessarily fair game from the taking, if i found someone had taken my seat when i went to the jacks or to look up a few books or check my mail i'd go to town on them when i get back.

what i don't agree with though is people coming in at 9.00 in the morning and putting something like a refill pad and an apple down and swaning off to the odd lecture during the day, its more applicable near the end of term when lectures are still going on but you get the idea, if someone suddenly decided they sit at the lake for a few hours they should just pack up and leave

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭earwicker

The saddest part of all of this is that the yappy f u c k writes the way he does and is doing a BA in English. Good Jaysus. WTF are they doing at UCD not failing this twat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

hey by any chance is Superman that guy from the C&E society?????

at the end of the day he was in the wrong......the exams are in progress and everyone is stressed and people talking in the library....regardless of what its about.....is distracting and inconsiderate. the "prick" was only doing his job. yea sure it might have been a bit extreme to kick him out but i find it very hard to believe that it was an unprovoked response!! he called him a prick ffs. besides the post says it all, he seems to have a major attitude.....regardless of what colour his skin is.

as for the D4 debate.......in my experience (as someone from the northside) i have friends from the northside and the country and northern ireland. the only group of ppl who are IMPOSSIBLE to talk to are the D4 heads. i have tried but i refuse to talk to ppl who look down on me because of where im from and what my father does. they say they hate the stereotype but they only make it worse by treating ppl the way they do. but one thing that will ALWAYS amaze me is........the accent!!!! where did it come from????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement