Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BSOP] Heat 1 Times and Date etc...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Firstly thanks to Amp and Dev for hosting last night I had a good night, am so pissed off I had to get a lift to the house as I completely forgot to get beer so I remained sober for the evening. Now Results:

From what I remember it finished something like this
    10: Devore - No bad plays really just bad luck
    9:Hobart - Got a stack early on but didn't hold onto it
    8:Gerire - Made 2 calls but was beaten on them both
    7:Amp - Amassed a huge stack early after knocking out a few but got bored and it went qickly
    6:Quozl - Always seemed to have a decent stack. Killed 90% of mine
    5:Casper - Never had a huge stack but was always in there with a chance had he hit cards at the right time. Never mind his J, 4 beating Kens KK
    4:Henbane - Prepare your ears to hear about this. The bubble man as he dubbed himself last night. Will probably tell of the story how Muso could have put Ken out but didnt. << fantastic read by Muso. Board flopped A, Q, *. Ken goes all in. Muso thinks about it. Then says I reckon you have Q, I know I have A but am not willing to risk over half my stack with 2 more cards to come, He folds and Ken shows the Q. Fantastic read Muso.
    And the rest in roughly chip stack order I think
    Kencleary - The comeback king, was down to 800 on the BB, and a few double throughs later and some relaxing sitting back and waiting done well to get his spot even if he is a jammy git
    Iago - Mr Aggressive early on, some strong OTT bets got some table respect even though nobody ever saw his cards. Amassed a stack and only went crazy at one stage with pocket 4's but it didnt hurt him too bad.
    Musician - The new rock, well played Muso.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by gerire
    4:Henbane - Prepare your ears to hear about this. The bubble man as he dubbed himself last night. Will probably tell of the story how Muso could have put Ken out but didnt. << fantastic read by Muso. Board flopped A, Q, *. Ken goes all in. Muso thinks about it. Then says I reckon you have Q, I know I have A but am not willing to risk over half my stack with 2 more cards to come, He folds and Ken shows the Q. Fantastic read Muso.
    I'm not bitter! The fricking bubble.

Thanks for hosting lads. Good night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Glad to see no bitterness. I read Kens Queen well but I was not willing to risk half my stack on being right. Thanks to the lads yet again for hosting. I also discovered we have a private board. Must go and have a look at it and try and catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

amps server here, just talking to the couch and he found d. mode cd and would like if the owner could remove it from him.

that is all.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

:(

What can you say! No bad beats, no bad plays, just good cards and bad luck. I had a feeling I was going to be first out, I really didnt feel like playing cards yesterday (bit pokered out lately), though I redeemed myself in the cash games later. Disappointed to go out so early and miss the final (indeed, I missed the heat)but, *shrug*... thats poker!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Thanks a lot for hosting that lads. Very good fun.

Greg

Originally posted by amp
    amps server here, just talking to the couch and he found d. mode cd and would like if the owner could remove it from him.

that is all.

Hey server did the table happen to find my KEM's?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Originally posted by amp

that is all.

I'm fairly sure you can bin that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Iago - Mr Aggressive early on, some strong OTT bets got some table respect even though nobody ever saw his cards. Amassed a stack and only went crazy at one stage with pocket 4's but it didnt hurt him too bad.

I don't think I was particularily aggressive, anybody in the same position would have done the same, a 2,000 raise on 72o is reasonable enough isn't it?

It was just beginners luck, it's obvious I can't play, I mean any player who knows anything about cards wouldn't call a 5,600 all-in raise with pocket 4's would they??

I'll be out first in the final, I'm sure they'll be queing up to take my chips..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hey server did the table happen to find my KEM's?

Affirmative. Forgot to bring them down to the club. Soz.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by amp
    I'll be happy to remove at the earliest possible opportunity. Until then, I suggest you listen to it - you might like it

<<-- boy in the bubble? Now that's just wrong - it's a lousy john travolta movie? Aww, crap!

Originally posted by amp
    Affirmative. Forgot to bring them down to the club. Soz.

Np we played with them upstairs before we went to the game, I have them now so dont worry if you cant find them. Thanks again for the night guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Originally posted by Iago
    I don't think I was particularily aggressive, anybody in the same position would have done the same, a 2,000 raise on 72o is reasonable enough isn't it?

It was just beginners luck, it's obvious I can't play, I mean any player who knows anything about cards wouldn't call a 5,600 all-in raise with pocket 4's would they??

As someone sitting on your left, I'd have to say you were pretty aggressive :) Mind you, the raises were done quite well; I would have liked to make several of them, but wouldn't have re-raised you with the cards I had. I wouldn't sell yourself short on the final :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Originally posted by henbane
    <<-- boy in the bubble? Now that's just wrong - it's a lousy john travolta movie? Aww, crap!

Boy in the Bubble is different to 'The Bubble Boy' from Seinfeld?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Thanks for a great night lads. Amp, what can I say 666 is the number of the beast you know!!. At least I was'nt 1st out, hard look Dev :D. Hen(Don't call me Henbane)bane, god knows what kind of a card player you would be will sober :p . Fair play to you Enda you played great for a fella with one eye and a list to the left. Muso, I firmly believe you sold your soul to the devil when you called that Q. Great read.

Thanks again lads for hosting it.

sorry for the water spillage on the carpet (gulp) :(

Originally posted by Hobart
    you played great for a fella with one eye and a list to the left
    That's what I call a game face. Makes me think of a pirate though. Down and to the left, boys!

Advertisement