Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HB Icecreams

Options
  • 19-04-2004 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

There are a few lovely icecreams they used do that I really miss.

3. Freaky Foot. My brother told me today that these may be making a comeback. Nice strawberry and vanilla icecream with a chocolate big toe. They look the business.

2. Can't remember the name of this one. Was strawberry icecream with chunks of fozen strawberry going through it.

1. Sky has to be my most missed icecream. It was like a cross between the Chunky Choc Ices (the old ones with the nice chocolate not the crapper later ones) with a big flake/hard chocote down the middle like in a Feast.

I wish they'd stop faffing around with ****ty overpriced Magnum / Cornetto limited editions you never buy twice and resurrected some of their other brands.

edit: and I've just remembered another. Sort of like a Loop the Loop but nicer. Top half was jelly(covered in chocolate), bottom half was banana icecream. Had some stupid mascot. Was probably a Lion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

1. Sky has to be my most missed icecream. It was like a cross between the Chunky Choc Ices (the old ones with the nice chocolate not the crapper later ones) with a big flake/hard chocote down the middle like in a Feast.

i thought noone else remembered sky bars... i loved them... :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

edit: and I've just remembered another. Sort of like a Loop the Loop but nicer. Top half was jelly(covered in chocolate), bottom half was banana icecream. Had some stupid mascot. Was probably a Lion.

^^ Wibbly Wobley Wonder :)

Adam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That's the problem when local companies get taken over by multinationals, local variations can get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy
    3. Freaky Foot.
    They are indeed coming back! Whoever thought of a foot-shaped ice-cream with chocolate-covered big toe must have some bizarre things going on in their head!
    I wish they'd stop faffing around with ****ty overpriced Magnum / Cornetto limited editions you never buy twice and resurrected some of their other brands.
    I agree, to a point. The gimmicky Cornetto's are bloody disgusting! They're absolutely vile! Tried two of them and won't waste any more money on them. FFS, just keep the good old strawberry one in stock! The Magnum 7 Deadly Sins, however, were (mostly) delicious!
    Originally posted by T-b0n3
    ^^ Wibbly Wobley Wonder :)
    I remember eating one of those from the bottom up, 'cos I loved the jelly bit (best 'til last). Obviously the jelly bit fell off just as I was about to bite into it :dunno: :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Hiawatha - ice cream shape of an American Native Indian's head. 1980. Yellow and brown colours

Jumbo - Shockingly expensive at 50p in the early 1980s. Round biscuit type ice cream.

Little Devils - red ice pop type thingy. cost approx 4p in 1977.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

And at the same time as Little Devils there were also Little Angels - white ice pop type thingy. cost approx 4p in 1977

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You can still get Wibbly Wobbly Wonders. And yes, you have to eat them upwards! :)

Did Freaky Foots really have choccy on the toe? I don't remember that.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

I seem to remember seeing an ad on TV recently, relaunching the feet? :cool: Or was I hallucinating? :dunno:

How about the Loop-the Loops with the plastic sticks with holes in them that you could build things out of? They could interlock. This is going back a bit though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy

Mmmm, Sky bars <drools>. Wasn't that an Aero bar down the middle of it though?
    They should bring these back and shelve most of the other crap they're coming out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Loop the Loop, the have been arond for years and are still here. Mmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,942 ✭✭✭✭Stark

3. Freaky Foot. My brother told me today that these may be making a comeback. Nice strawberry and vanilla icecream with a chocolate big toe. They look the business.

Ugghh. The whole strawberry/chocolate/vanilla thing sounds nice but no way would I touch anything that's shaped like a foot, hate feet.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Originally posted by Rabies
    Loop the Loop, the have been arond for years and are still here. Mmmmmmmm

Yeah :) Still buy them for the g/f (she loves 'em). But the plastic sticks! Does anyone remember them? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Ryvita

funny bunny - it was orange and funnily enough was shaped like a rabbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 holster

There are a few lovely icecreams they used do that I really miss.

2. Can't remember the name of this one. Was strawberry icecream with chunks of fozen strawberry going through it.

that was called wibbly wobbly wonder,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭pmurphy00

wibbly wobbly wonder and it was wonderful.
    oh thoses were the days

• Registered Users Posts: 6 holster

holster wrote: »
    that was called wibbly wobbly wonder,:)

any one remember the dracula,youre face would be destroyed over them,haha;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

holster wrote: »
    any one remember the dracula,youre face would be destroyed over them,haha;)

Dracula+lolly+wrapper+front.jpg

Yeah, they were one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what about Secrets, it was a bit like a wispa with a lattice of chocolate on top

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

That-a-ways (stupid pointing finger thing)
    Noggers, loved 'em. Think they mad a comeback latetly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Anyone remember Piranhas?! They were orange and strawberry ice cream, shaped like a piranha and the fin was covered in chocolate with popping candy in it.... yummmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Skerries wrote: »
    what about Secrets, it was a bit like a wispa with a lattice of chocolate on top

Yeah - scrummy, 1990 they were out in....but they weren't ice creams though.

I remember lots of these..Little Angels and Devils, Draculas-mmmm! Also Captain Quenchers...plain orange. Ricki Raspers are the earliest I remember -purply pink water ices, the JR - orange, pink and purple mixture of colours and some kind of milky white one in a blue wrapper with a snowman on the front. Kilimanjaros came along in mid 80s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Wibbly Wobbly Wonders were horrible. Still are!

Cola Sparkles ruled! I didnt have expensive taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭remembering

dahamsta wrote: »
    You can still get Wibbly Wobbly Wonders. And yes, you have to eat them upwards! :)

Did Freaky Foots really have choccy on the toe? I don't remember that.

adam

ha ha i dont remember the choccy toe either but they were delicious!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

ha ha i dont remember the choccy toe either but they were delicious!!

aww no they were scummy like raspberry ripple or something!

melted the second you opened them aswell

anyone remember top spot ice creams? they were like a cheaper and tastier choc ice but with hazelnuts in the chocolate

25p well spent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭remembering

aaah i was actually thinking about the funny foot icecream!! ha ha
    no chocolate on that toe, dont remember the freaky foot!! :O)
    sorry for getting the them mixed up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

oh dont be sorry! im just getting too excited remembering all the old ice creams and getting carried away! im too judgemental.

never had a funny foot so cant say if i thought they were nice or not. i never liked ripple or neopolitan ice cream it just seemed wrong :)

but most of the time hb got it right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gr8

I loved the freaky foot the ice cream in it was fab,does anyone remember a sky icecream in a blue wrapper and had like an aero in the middle yumyum!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

Me & my sister remember packets of little animal shaped ice-cream things in all different colours, but we can't think of the name. I think they might have been by Solero though. Something bites perhaps. Anyone remember them?

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I reckon my favourites are Feast, Brunch , Loop the Loop and Iceberger!!!
    Still the best icecream around!!!!;)

funny_ice_cream.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Wibbly Wobbly Wonders were horrible. Still are!

I remember when they were originally called a "Max" (or was it "Mighty Max"?). Either way they had a lion on the front before being rebranded. I feel old.

Advertisement