Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jocks tips of the day

• 21-03-2004 7:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Here are my race by race daily tips for Monday

Hereford
    2.05 Wasted talent- win
    2.40 Paddy the optimist- e.w
    3.15 Adalpour -win
    3.50 Spring dawn- win
    4.25 Station island- e.w
    5.00 My pal val- win
    5.30 Sadlers realm e.w

Wetherby
    1.55 worlaby dale- e.w
    2.25 novel idea- e.w
    3.00 Bernadon- e.w
    3.35 benifit- e.w
    4.10 ballyards- e.w
    4.45 wuxi venture- win
    5.20 stoneyford ben- e.w

Wolverhampton
    2.15 Bond domingo- e.w
    2.50 travel tardia- e.w
    3.25 nassu street- e.w
    4.00 jacob- win
    4.35 wot no cash- e.w
    5.10 zahuna- win

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice one, jock. I'm a bit standoffish after last weeks disaster, though.... Any 100% absolute winners? :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

any 100% jock?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Its hard to say,because in my opinion theres no such thing as a certain winner.anything can go wrong.
    But if i had to give one for today it would have to be either station island or adalpour.
    Station island was staying on over a shorter trip than today the last time out and he needs every bit of that extra trip to win.i expect him to run very well.And adalpour is the class horse in his race if he lives up to his form.

Station island was staying on over a shorter trip than todays race the last time out and he needs every bit of that extra trip to win.i expect him to run very well

What did i tell you.Station island won by 12 lengths at 10/3.
    Travel tardia won by a head at 10/1.
    Paddy the optimist e.w 3rd at 7/1

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks for all the tips "the jock".

Not doin too bad at all

• Advertisement

Sadlers realm won the last race in hereford At 6/1.One of my e.w tips of the day.

Here are my tips for Tuesdays meetings

Exeter
    2.20 Twentytwosilver
    2.50 Castleford
    3.20 Majed
    3.50 Sir talbot
    4.20 Garruth
    4.50 The proof

Lingfield
    2.00 Our glenard
    2.30 Spindor
    3.00 Sworn to secracy
    3.30 Fiddlers music
    4.00 Lyrical way
    4.30 The stick
    5.00 Double m
    5.30 Burgundy

Southwell
    2.10 mr uppity
    2.40 red delirium
    3.10 cumwhitton
    3.40 attorney
    4.10 Mr whizz
    4.40 only for gold

Best bets of the day would have to be "the proof" and "Double m"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Hey Jock. I think u should sign up to be a Mod on this forum. You would definetly put the bookies out of buisness :D

Kitty xXx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Do u actually put bets on all these horses? :confused: I would love to know how much you make in one week? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Hats off to you Jock. You seem to be pumping them out today. I have'nt calculated yet, but I reckon with an e/w on each of those tips you would still be in for a v/handsome profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bobk

I have'nt calculated yet, but I reckon with an e/w on each of those tips you would still be in for a v/handsome profit.

If you bet on all of them you'd be struggling to break even

Keep up the good work anyway Jock, it's always good to see tips

Bob

This is where my tips faired out today

Exeter
    2.50 Castleford 3rd 8/1
    3.20 Majed 2nd 11/4
    3.50 Sir talbot 2nd 10/3
    4.20 Garruth 4th 4/1
    4.50 The proof fell when traveling well

Lingfield
    2.30 Spindor very unlucky second at 12/1
    3.30 Fiddlers music n/r
    5.00 Double m won 11/4 one of my bets of the day
    5.30 Burgundy hasnt run yet

Southwell
    3.10 cumwhitton won 8/1
    4.10 Mr whizz 3rd 16/1

thanks for the feedback everyone.stay tuned everyday for my tips and best bets

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks again Jock. a profitable day I am sure, never got a chance to go the bookies today!!! :(

that was a good question there about the backing.

Do people here back the 19 horses that run here on an EW or is that a bit daft??

Is there a general rule of thumb if a horse is 4/1 or less or so u do not back the horse ew or something along those lines??
    If you lose one race do you up your bet on the next etc?

Just curious as I have not one clue about backing horses at all!!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

A 1 point bet on each of The Jocks selections for the Monday results in an overall loss of 5 points approx on the day. A tenner Win on his win selections and a tenner E/W on the eachway picks would have showed a 50 euro loss overall.

That is ignoring and assuming a NO/BET on BENEFIT, BALLYARDS, and WOT NO CASH ..... less than 8 runners in these respective races. None of these three horses won, anyway.

I usally only bet on my best bets of the day.i also back some of the others but not all.there just there to give the normal punter what my view on the race is and i'm not saying to bet on all of them because you would be broke if you did.i usally get about avg. 3 winners a day and a few placed but i wouldnt have backed them all.my tips are to give you the punters a different view on picking outsiders that have chances other than odds on horses that are destined to win.2 out of my 4 best bets from today and yesterday have won.Station island at 10/3 won and today double m won at 11/4. the past two days i backed 6 horses. 100 euro win on my four best bets.which amounted in a good profit.i also backed 5 e.w on travel tardia won 10/1 and cumwhitton won 8/1 and they won. another healty profit.So if you all want to follow my tips everyday you should back my best bets and maybe some of the other ones too but not all.You could put the others in placepots,doubles,trebles,accums and lucky 15s if you want but dont go over board.Also i dont back horses e.w unless they are larger than 6/1, and i dont bet on horses lower than evens.i Guarantee that if you follow my best bets for a month and back everyone of them you will amount i a large profit.i ve been betting now for about 5 years and at the moment i am up alot on the bookies.

I Just thought that u might wanta know

Chepstow
    2.05 Manoubi best bet of the day
    2.40 River trix
    3.15 fruit defendu
    3.50 marked man
    4.15 lord dundaniel
    5.00 rollo
    5.30 shellin hill

Towester
    2.15 Reggae rythem
    2.50 Steel mill
    3.25 taksina
    4.00 would you belive
    4.35 repunzel best bet of the day
    5.10 javelot d 'or

Lingfield
    1.25 first of may
    1.55 banyah
    2.25 fen gypsy
    3.00 dark shah
    3.35 trick cyclist
    4.10 golden quest
    4.45 private seal
    5.20 indian blaze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

what are your best bets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭emagdnim

this might seem like a real dumb question, only new to the horses (first bet was last thursday).

is there different odds for win and e.w ?
    e.w - does that mean if your horse finishes 1st,2nd,3rd you get a pay out?

and lastly are the odds only announced on the day of the race?

Originally posted by emagdnim
    this might seem like a real dumb question, only new to the horses (first bet was last thursday).

is there different odds for win and e.w ?
    e.w - does that mean if your horse finishes 1st,2nd,3rd you get a pay out?

A e.w bet is in total 2 bets.one is the win bet the other is a place bet.if your horse finishs 2nd,3rd ,4th(only in handicaps) you will get a quater of the price.
    for example if you bet 1 euro e.w on a horse at 8/1.and it wins you will recieve 8 euro for the win bet and 2 euro for the place bet.you will also get back your stake of two euro.

• Advertisement

If any of ye ever get any good tips just let me know.The more tips the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 de_roiste

Fair play Jock.. Not bad going yesterday at all.

Had a look at chepstow today and noticed that Ruby is in 5 of 7 races today..

I'm feeling a bit frisky and might go for a combo! It could be one of those days that you hear about where the jockey and trainer have a good day! The trainer is Mr Nicholls!

I dunno.. Bit mad maybe but sure..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Nice going jock, always good to see some more tips appearing

Keep up good work

Thanks very much for the information jock!! will be turning me into a real horse racing junkie!!!:D

Nobody is saying anything about my tip!

Must be crap!:(

Originally posted by de_roiste

Had a look at chepstow today and noticed that Ruby is in 5 of 7 races today..

I'm feeling a bit frisky and might go for a combo! It could be one of those days that you hear about where the jockey and trainer have a good day! The trainer is Mr Nicholls!

I dunno.. Bit mad maybe but sure..!

I know that ruby walsh,my good friend, would not be riding there today unless he was goin to get a winner.if i was you i would put all rubys 5 rides in to a lucky 31 because if you do a accum one of the five might let you down.from the info i heard was that fruit defendu and his mount in the first race where his best rides of the day.

How my tips are in the betting

Manoubi , Chepstow 14:05 8/1 down to 6/1 down to 5/1
    Trick Cyclist , Lingfield 15:35,11/2 down to 9/2 now 4/1 in places
    Golden Quest , Lingfield 16:10, 3/1 down to 9/4
    Steel Mill , Towcester 14:50, 5/1 down to 3/1
    Javelot D'Or , Towcester 17:10, 11/1 down to 8/1
    Repunzel ,Towcester, 16:35 13/2 down to 5/1

Manoubi didnt exactly cover himself in glory did he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

Originally posted by shepthedog
    Manoubi didnt exactly cover himself in glory did he

I backed him first two times and he will go into a seller and maybe end up winning a few claimers but he ain't a stable star more like a donkey lol

• Advertisement

4.10 golden quest
    The only horse i am going to back today, it better win, did one bet yesterday, crewe ht ft and it came good so heres hoping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

A one point Win bet on each selection would have resulted in a loss of 7.25 points on the day.
    A one point E/W on each gives an overall loss of 8.75 points.

i.e., a loss of 72 euro and 87 euro approx respectively to a level 10 euro bet, before tax.

GARRUTH and DOUBLE M don't count............. the former being 4th in a non-handicap doesn't give you an E/W return while the latter's race only had 5 runners (only seven in the pre-race list).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

well you're not supposed to be on them all. hehe

Golden Quest @ 9/4 hope everybody was on, I got him at 11/4 this morn.

ok manoubi didnt run very well today and i lost a bit on him but i think that he is a horse to keep a eye on.On the flat he beat inglis drever.He hasnt transferred that form to jumps but now that he has run in three non handicaped races he is now handicaped.i think they could end up winning a few handicaps in the future,or else they could send him back on the flat and win a big race.hes no stable star though.

Originally posted by donhughberto
    Golden Quest @ 9/4 hope everybody was on, I got him at 11/4 this morn.

I was on him.i had a heavy win bet on him and i also backed him in a double with steel mill which won at 10/3.Two of my daily tips.

Apart from them two winning it was a bad day, but what can i say, sometimes you have a good day and others a bad day.

The best bets didnt go so well except for a e.w bet on repunzel @ 8/1 in the morning.
    Private seal ran a unlucky second @ 5/1 and is another one to watch out for in the future.

At least the avg of three winners is still going strong.
    Chepstow
    3.50 marked man 13/2
    Towester
    2.50 Steel mill 10/3
    Lingfield
    4.10 golden quest 9/4

Might have better luck tomorrow with the flat racing and irish racing on.

• Advertisement

Doncaster
    1.50 Benbyas(crown agent if N/R) e.w
    2.20 gatwick win
    2.55 windy prospect win
    3.25 law breaker , plateau e.w
    4.00 sublimity , audience
    4.30 lochbuie win
    5.00 crusoe, dance party e.w

Thurlus
    2.15 indigo sky win
    2.45 port natal e.w
    3.15 south west nine win
    3.45 darby wall e.w
    4.15 the long inch win
    4.45 its not over yet win
    5.15 knocknabohill e.w
    5.45 central arch win

Wincanton
    2.10 No more money e.w
    2.40 no bet
    3.15 Eljay´s Boy win
    3.45 Nocksky e.w
    4.20 Forever Dream e.w
    4.50 no bet
    5.20 Rubberdubber e.w

Ludlow
    2.00 no bet
    2.30 Dante Citizen win
    3.05 Castlemore e.w
    3.35 Harvis win
    4.05 Cashel Dancer e.w
    4.40 On The Mend e.w
    5.10 State of play win

My best bets of the day are:

State of play,5.10 ludlow
    Eljay´s Boy 3.15 wincanton
    south west nine, 3.15 thurlus
    windy prospect 2.55 doncaster

Also watch out for intensity in the 5.00 in doncaster.my uncle owns the horse and he thinks that it might get placed.he also said that the same trainer paul blockley has a very good chance of winning the brocklesby 2.55 with windy prospect.he said that he is better than last years winner that they also trained.

Cheers for the new tips mate, we all have bad days
    lets give it a go today again

From my sources in England ive heard that dance night in the 2.55 (the brocklesby)Has a very good chance of winning today.B A McMahon sets a horse aside for the race every year and he had origanaly entered 10 horses a month ago.So this one is his best two year old.Also he has a very good record of winning this race in the past.The only two things that could beat it today would be the bad draw or my best bet of the day windy prospect who also has a bad draw.I also heard that Windy prospect is a slow out of the stalls and if he gets behind early he has no chance.

I still think if you back the two u will get the winner of the race.
    Windy prospect is now trading @7/2 in places and dance night is around 6/1,5/1.

i have decided to introduce a daily placepot perm for one of the race meetings.
    Todays meeting is ludlow
    these are the selections:

Race 1 No.3 [x1]
    Race 2 No.3 No.1 [x2]
    Race 3 No.2 [x1]
    Race 4 No.3 No.6 [x2]
    Race 5 No.7 No.6 [x2]
    Race 6 No.5 No.17 [x2]

Total bets [16]

16 bets@ 25c = 4 euro
    or else
    16 bets@ 50c = 8 euro

Two bets today

Young Deveraux
    Your Advantage

Both at Ludlow, only worry is short prices, as long as they aren't odds on i will back both!

• Advertisement

Doncaster
    2.20 gatwick win won 4/1
    3.25 law breaker e.w unlucky second @9/1
    4.00 Sublimity win won 7/2

Thurlus
    2.45 port natal e.w won 7/1(sean clearys brother rode it)

Wincanton
    2.10 No more money N/r

Ludlow
    2.30 Dante Citizen win won 13/8
    3.05 Castlemore e.w 3rd

The avg. of three winners is still going strong,with more to run today.
    4 winners today.what did i say earlier,today will be a better day,and it has.I'm up a few hundred today.

Dance night was a very unlucky 2nd just caught on the line @ 6/1
    Took it up too soon and had a bad draw.Made up ground at start and when got to front a better jockey r.winston bet him in the finsh.Gibbons wont be on him next time,i hope.

Watch out for Matthew muroto in the 5.20 in wincanton.colin tizzard has won a few bumpers in the last few weeks and a few big priced horse placed in a few bumpers also.Theres a good word for him going around and hes a mover in the betting.Hes getting 7 pounds from the favourite. Matthew muroto would have a good chance of beating the favourite if repeats his run first time up behind flying falcon(winner since)I'm on him at a decent price.

Originally posted by donhughberto
    Two bets today

Young Deveraux
    Your Advantage

Both at Ludlow, only worry is short prices, as long as they aren't odds on i will back both!

That was a bit of a disaster. Young Deveraux ran a dissapointed 3rd and Your Advantage took the wrong course when going well.Tom siddel will get a ban.probaly 12 day ban.

How much are you betting, Jock? Are they singles or multiline? Getting paid today, so I'll have a flutter tomorrow...

- Dave.

Originally posted by TmB
    How much are you betting, Jock? Are they singles or multiline? Getting paid today, so I'll have a flutter tomorrow...

- Dave.

Ok These are the big bets i done today

Win Treble
    2.20 gatwick won 4/1
    4.00 sublimity won 7/2
    2.30 Dante Citizen won 13/8

e.w treble
    2.45 port natal won 7/1
    2.55 Dance night 2nd unlucky
    3.25 law breaker 2nd unlucky

Win treble
    5.10 State of play
    5.20 Mattew Muroto
    5.45 central arch

Lucky 63
    2.20 gatwick won 4/1
    4.00 sublimity won 7/2
    4.20 Forever dream won 5/1
    5.20 Mattew Muroto
    5.45 central arch

Single bets on all these:
    2.20 gatwick won 4/1
    4.00 sublimity won 7/2
    4.20 Forever dream won 5/1
    2.45 port natal won 7/1
    2.55 Dance night 2nd unlucky 6/1
    3.25 law breaker 2nd unlucky 9/1
    5.00 Crusoe
    5.00 intensity(My uncles horse)
    5.20 Mattew Muroto
    5.45 central arch

If these i will be having one of my best days ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5.10 State of play
    5.20 Mattew Muroto
    5.45 central arch

What do you think!

I think......

.... that I hope your luck stands up for tomorrows tips! :):)

How much are you betting?

- Dave.

I cant say!
    i'll just say,between 50>100 on all singles and on trebles 5>20.and between 5>20 on lucky 63s.I also done a place pot to day and i think i would of won it only for young deveruax came 3rd of seven in the first race with two non-runners in the race.

I think i'll have to change bookies as they will have no more money left after today.

Jock young man..

You are playing a blinder and it is just breaking my heart that Paddy Power online has been down all day and I am actually busy in work!

I think in future I will just give you my money and let you bet with it!!

Fair play again lad..

Yeah, good job, Jock!

Interested to hear a final winnings total at the end of the day. :)

- Dave.

Matthew Muroto is being backed off the planet.... 9-1 to 6-1 in the space of 5 minutes. Stuck a 20e.w. on it for a bit of interest. Got 8-1.

- Dave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement