Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

StarGate SG1, Season 7: Episode 21: Lost city - Part 2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

No, then it's definately not ok.

The reason it's illegal is because the shows are sold to overseas networks, and networks will only buy them if there's money to be made on advertising. If everyone downloads the episodes then why buy the show when noone will watch it when it's on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

OK i will change my statement. Its ok for me to DL new episodes from oversees.
    When i DL a episode i will always turn my TV on when it comes out over here. That way no harm is done I stilll contrubte to the ratings just as i would if i didnt DL it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

You’re putting the show in jeopardy by downloading it :(

Im not because i always watch it when it is on TV so it cancels out dosent it :eek: ??
    I havent downloaded SG1 before and ive only downloaded 5 enterprise episodes and i watched all of them so they still got the same ratings from me.

I have yet to decide for definate if i will download SG1 and athlantis next seasons.
    I porobbley wont cause the US always end up with a 8 week gap on a TBC episode :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

C'mon .. if your alternatives are to DL a new stargate SG-1 episode, or wait a month (just picking a random timeperiod) so you can watch it on Sky with advertisements... you would not DL it?

I'm sorry, but I don't care about the legality or the ratings etc etc etc ... I just want to see it.. and if it pops up on the net more than one day before I can see it on TV.. I will DL it.

I'm sure many more people feel as I do .. we just want to see the show.. and we don't really care where, only when :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

i voted good. i haven't posted here sooner cos i'm now in uncharted territory SG1-wise and im trying to avoid spoilers which are all over the place round 'ere.

Originally posted by muffen
    C'mon .. if your alternatives are to DL a new stargate SG-1 episode, or wait a month (just picking a random timeperiod) so you can watch it on Sky with advertisements... you would not DL it?

I'm sorry, but I don't care about the legality or the ratings etc etc etc ... I just want to see it.. and if it pops up on the net more than one day before I can see it on TV.. I will DL it.

I'm sure many more people feel as I do .. we just want to see the show.. and we don't really care where, only when :)

That is bad, it is views like that, that get good shows canceled or lower ratings.
    If u are going to DL it fine but atleast watch it when it is ok SKY. Dont you like SG1? If you like SG1 you will care about its future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

That is bad, it is views like that, that get good shows canceled or lower ratings.
    If u are going to DL it fine but atleast watch it when it is ok SKY. Dont you like SG1? If you like SG1 you will care about its future.

I do watch it on sky ... when I can (which is most of the time :))
    My point was just that I don't want to wait for it, and if the time between DLable and Sky is significant, I will DL it.

The problem is if u DL it you will have a 6-8 week gap on a 2parter until sky catches up

• Advertisement
Advertisement