Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating - GoOD 0r BaD?

Options
  • 01-03-2004 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Do you think it's ok to cheat in an rts if there is, say, a new map hack out for a new patch and everybody is probably using it? I don't support cheating in anyway!
    But would you consider it if you are usually a good player but you found that you were losing an awful lot lately? Cheating does ruin a game but lots of people still use them. What are your views on this matter?

Cheating GoOD 0r BaD? 8 votes

GoOD
    0% 0 votes
    BaD
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Cheating in Single player is fine, no problems with it, but can ruin games if you havent finished it properly yet.

On-line/multiplayer however, no! never! Dont do it, ruins so many games. Keep cheating to yourself and keep it off-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

HOW COULD YOU EVEN ASK THAT??????

CHEATING IS BAD ITS WRONG IT RUINS SO MANY GAMES I LOOK FORWARD TO THE DAY WHEN SOME FACIST PARTY LIKE NAZIs OR SOME OTHER PARTY TAKES OVER THE WORULD AND BURNS ALL YOU CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ALL SHOULD DIE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PAINFULL DEATHS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Cheats can add new life to a game, i've played multiplayer age of empires with cheats enabled, great fun :)

As long as everyone's aware cheats are being used, then i've no issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Calm down User45701 :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I have a problem when it comes to Cheating. Actually my game of CS crashed when i was playing great so i was pissed off and this was the first topic i came 2.

In games like aoe2 when a server says Cheats enabled. Then ye it can be fun. but one person cheating in a game full of people who want a fair game is unactable!

I remember once i had a plan for the game freelancer (space based combat game)
    I would create a server and then invite about 17 people into it.
    1 person would be allowed to use a cloaking device cheat and everyone ecle would be allied against them (kinda like the battle in Star Trek 10)
    So if the server says "cheating server" then yes it is ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

what is also bad is people that go back on there word at the start of a game like will only build one superweapon then all of a sudden they are lashing them out and they are just ****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

generals is the worst i find
    guys jsut playing so that thier stats look good but in fact if they played by any rules then id cream the floor with them

my fav pet hate

me: no rush for 10 ok
    other guy: yea ok

3 min later an army of medium tanks/infantry take out my base

grrrrrr i hate that so much, i cant play it online no more because of dicks like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ping

Jank, you sound like you have such a great life!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by ping

.. and ping gets banned :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

it must be a new record what is it 3 boards now your banned from!!
    and here are you trying to wind me up on the net:rolleyes:
    well ping at least i have one! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Jank what your complaining about is general lameness as opposed to actually cheating. If someone says 'no early rush' get a huge army up really quickly, and keep it hidden, if even one tank comes near your base send em all in, another good tactic in the old C&C games (red alert2 or before) is build 8 fighters (migs etc) and have a medium tank army and small defences set up early, if they early rush, you hsould have enough to fight them off, and airstrike his construction yard, if hes early rushign he wouldnt usually build non-essentials like a service depot, which is required for that extra MCV, so hes effectively buggered, then go for his refinery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

No rush rules are utterly lame, thats like saying no colt in CS or no rocket launcher in Quake...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Or no sharp shooters in COD or MOHAA, someone always decided to shoot and Hid while the real killing is taking place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭trent_derby

Cheats are ok, provided that they are used after you have finished the game.
    Other than that NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

BAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Cheats in multiplayer: As long as everybody knows they're activated, that's grand. That said, I never use them or play in a MP game with them.

Cheats in single player: Great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

In Single player it can be great craic to turn on the cheats and have some fun beating down the computer but multiplayer not so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

Originally posted by jank
    my fav pet hate

me: no rush for 10 ok
    other guy: yea ok

3 min later an army of medium tanks/infantry take out my base

grrrrrr i hate that so much, i cant play it online no more because of dicks like that

Dont play in stats mode, then you can issue rules like that :). Otherwise, theres no point. Personally, i've found, to defeat a rusher, you have to become a rusher. Lol and by god, i've defeated many a rusher :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

The one way to truely ruin a game MP or SP...dont do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Cheating = Bad
    Cheating in online MP = people that i hate the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

any kind of cheating in multiplayer is to be extremly frowned upon.
    if your playing on a cheat server of AOE or something then its not really cheating its just a normal game with more options.

as to gaming rules, thats just a case of etiquette.
    if im playing in a custom game of generals and we decide on rules then i expect people to abide by them or push off. quickmatch, i have never listened to anyones attempt at making rules and normaly go for WF/AD rush.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

cheating is good for games like GTA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Trip

the only way to ruin any game is cheat no matter what way you do it pffft im disgusted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭EpYon

I HAVE A QUESTION IF YOU DO CHEAT HOW WILL YOU GET BETTER...AND IF YOU DONT GET BETTER THEN Y START PLAYING IN THE FIRST PLACE ??

lol people cheat because they SU** and they find games easier by cheating ! easier lol but then obviously when they see real people playin then they are f*****:cool:

cheating is good for games like GTA

NO WAY it's just makes games easier and spoil the fun because people say i cleared gta when really they cheated their whole way through

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

cheatin is grand if you want to wreck a game bring cheatin online though and your just a gobsh*te

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Trip "Trip lol people cheat because they SU** and they find games easier by cheating ! easier lol but then obviously when they see real people playin then they are f***** "

does that mean that cheaters aren't real ?? sounds like something from a Ricki Lake show This week "cheaters aren't real" we could fill it with cheaters and real people and they could knock each other around at the end or something, Oh but maybe the cheaters would bring knives or guns and have all their mates in the crowd!!! then who'd be f*****, I'm telling you, you'd need eyes on the back of your head with them pesky cheaters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

not at all in multiplayer !!
    GOOD - if a level can't be passt
    BAD - because it ruins any game in every way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wrecked

for a game u have real difficulty with use cheats as last resort but only on one player games however some games offer cheats as a reward for clearing the gamesuch as
    resident evil- ammo cheats espec in nemisis
    tony hawk- jesus in that you given a cheat for bloody jump over something

so only use as last resort or just to go on a killing spree when board my advice GTA all weapons full health and most wanted with a fast car and let the good times roll

Advertisement