Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footballers Diet ??

Options
  • 20-02-2004 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I am a footballer and have usually been fairly fit but I am struggling at the moment and seeing as i only drink the odd time i know the reason for it is my diet.

Can anyone suggest a diet for me to lose weight i wanna lose about 1 stone or so. Or could youpost links to places i could get diets. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭rs

General rule of thumb for people in sports to lose weight is eat plenty of protein (lean meats like chicken, turkey, fish, etc) and eat less carbohydrates and fats.

As a footballer, you will be running around a lot, so you will need a little more carbohydrates than someone who does not.

A simple, but very effective diet is this

Decent breakfast of cereal, toasted bagel or someting like that a glass of half fat milk

Lunch of a sandwich with chicken, tuna, turkey etc and green veggies. No mayo, potato salad, coleslaw or anything like that. glass of half fat milk.

Dinner of green salad with meat (breast of chicken, turkey, fish) easy on saled dressing. water or half-fat milk to drink.

Plenty of protien from the meat and milk, decent amount of carbs (all complex) but only in the first half of the day. This should give you the energy to play. plenty of green veggies. low fat. low sugar.

I'd be suprised if anyone training often and eating as above did not lose weight, provided you keep the portion sizes reasonable :)

And also, because it's all "normal" food, it's not really tough to stick to.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

The training you get should keep you fit and help you lose weight,

Throw in some extra jogging when you have free time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

lot of good books there. might try some even though I ain't playing footie nowadays much

Advertisement