Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How cold have you ever gotten your System or CPu?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Eh don't bother with liquid nitrogen. You can run for a few minutes like that, there's no point. Look for permanent cooling solutions. If you can't run your SW/Games at that high speed what's the point...?

Lowest for me was probably around -15 (Prometeia - gone now).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Hehe, I'm running generally about 52c on my AMD 2700+ 2.17ghz.

Yesterday, I got mine the coldest it's ever been! Just under 35c during game play which as you can probably imagine, I'm very happy about. On friday I installed a Coolermaster Aero7+ and used some Arctic Silver 5. The results, I'm sure you'll all agree, speak for themselves.

The Aero7+ is brilliant, and the little fanspeed adjustment knob is utterly great, because at full speed it's quite shrill, but turning down the speed a bit, and it's quite silent. It's currently running at half speed or thereabouts and I'm getting 42c, which is grand at this time of night. I can turn it up when I'm playing something then during the day, but even at lowest speed, I'm still getting far better results than before, seeing as it would often going up to near 60c during play.

I'm quite content with it altogether, and the it looks quite flash with the old windowed side panel. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

I have a vapochill PE

It can cool the CPU to -19oC

Had a p4 3.0Ghz running stable @ 3.8Ghz

I'd say you could push a 3.2 well over 4Ghz with the right RAM & Motherboard.

It's for sale btw ;) with a load of extra's. See my signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Originally posted by STaN
    I have a vapochill PE

It can cool the CPU to -19oC

Had a p4 3.0Ghz running stable @ 3.8Ghz

Until you fried the chip, oui? :P

I still can't figure out how you managed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by moridin
    Until you fried the chip, oui? :P

I still can't figure out how you managed that one.

I was using an incompatible motherboard - Asus & Vapochill don't mix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

16 System
    24.5 CPU

Air cooling, Aero cpu cooler, couple of case fans.

This was yesterday with the window open. Just while web browsing and using winamp. CPU went up to 31 after 30+ minutes of playing UT2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Mine runs kinda hot but then I don’t try to cool it down really so this is just with 4 fans in the case.

AMD XP 2600 cpu Geforse FX 5900 gpu and msi k4 ultra2 mobo.*

Wile surfing the net
    CPU 30c
    Mobo 35c
    GPU 37c

After playing unreal tournament 2004 for 3 hours non-stop
    CPU 45c
    Mobo 40c
    GPU 47c

* soon to get a P4 3.2 with a abit mobo, will post when it’s up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Lowest ive ever had my CPU was 21'C with water cooling, 2x120mm fans on full blast and the CPU not overclocked (voltage lowered).

In general my idle temps are 35-45'C depending on if i have the 2 fans running or just the one (both at 5v) , and my system at 2400mhz ........ eh its ok, am going more for silence at the min.

Advertisement