Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Games!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

is that babylon5 campaign a stand alone game or just an new plugin campaign for a retial game, like the load of extra campaigns there are for Freespace 2 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by Scruff
    is that babylon5 campaign a stand alone game or just an new plugin campaign for a retial game, like the load of extra campaigns there are for Freespace 2 ??

**** i dunno :D I remember someone posting about a free babylon 5 game a good while back, I assumed this was it

Im downloading now anyway and we'll see :dunno:

EDIT: All I can do is post a bit from the readme because the damn thing keeps locking up on me:mad:

"IFH (I've Found Her) is the computer game project maintained by Space Dream Factory. Its storyline is based upon the popular Sci-Fi TV show Babylon 5, so the project is completely noncommercial and should be considered as a kind of fan-fiction.What is IFH: Danger and Opportunity?

"IFH: Danger and Opportunity is the prequel campaign to the main IFH campaign that hopefully will be made in the future. This is the first complete and playable game produced by SDF and made available to the public."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

how do you get gta for free
    tried their website, but couldnt see a freebie section anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by HacksawEddie
    how do you get gta for free
    tried their website, but couldnt see a freebie section anywhere
    try fileplanet.com

or try typing 'gta' into the search box on filemirrors.com
    i think the zip file is 200mb+ (it includes all of the radio stations in a compressed format)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Co33iE

most of the downloads on filemirrors would be warez just so u know before downloading.

u can download gta free from rockstar games just fill in the form.

We are now offering this classic progenitor of the Rockstar Games lineage as the first in a recurring series of Rockstar PC game downloads, absolutely free of charge. It's a chance for new fans to experience the roots of Rockstar as well as our way of saying thank you to our long-time supporters feeling that pang of nostalgia. Simply fill out the form below and check your email for a direct link to the file - we've even optimized the game for play on the latest and greatest computers. Now, don't say we never gave you anything.

http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/gta.htm

328 MB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Co33iE
    most of the downloads on filemirrors would be warez just so u know before downloading.
    really?
    but... they're related to getright...
    i've never seen anything other than offical patches/abandonware/stuff on filemirrors...

/edit
    d'oh. i see what you're getting at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

great cheers

i've got nothin but a good word for rockstar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

Wild Metal free now.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bishopofn

www.orbitersim.com

hardcore rocketheads only.

tons of free addons at

www.orbithangar.com and avsim.com etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Originally posted by KdjaC
    http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

Wild Metal free now.

kdjac

Well cover me with batter and fry me till warm all over...

I've been waiting for this game for years, was supposed to come out on the N64 (then didn't), never knew it got released on the PC.

Teh win, cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Kiith
    i wouldn't mind getting tribes, but i'm not gonna wait in a queue for hours on fileplanet. i'll wait for someone to give a mirror.

You can now download tribes1 directly from sierra ! No fileplanet queing needed anymore!

GO GO GO GO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

I've loved GTA! It worked great under win98 with a plain voodoo card. I emailed rockster and got the link to download GTA again. Unfortunately I'm on a single channel ISDN (no chance of bb) and I got 120Mb before it timed out and the link doesn't resume but from scratch. Aaargh! Please could someone do me a big favour and put it on a resumable ftp site that you might have? :confused: I'd love to get into that game again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by hamster
    I've loved GTA! It worked great under win98 with a plain voodoo card. I emailed rockster and got the link to download GTA again. Unfortunately I'm on a single channel ISDN (no chance of bb) and I got 120Mb before it timed out and the link doesn't resume but from scratch. Aaargh! Please could someone do me a big favour and put it on a resumable ftp site that you might have? :confused: I'd love to get into that game again! :)

can't you use a download manager to pause/resuse downloads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

can't you use a download manager to pause/resuse downloads?

Hi Robert,

I was using getRight but the link that Rockster provided me with doesn't allow resumes that is why I'm hoping someone has a copy already that I can ftp & resume from. :dunno:

rockstar have they will only give written permission for it to be hosted elsewhere.
    get a decent bitorrent client i sure you find it there or emule.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hughobrien

HOTU stopped hosting System Shock 2, so without actually breaking the rules of the forum, I just want to know if its even possible to download it anymore?

HOTU are hosting System Shock 2 again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Ground Control 1 + GC 2 multiplayer demo free at cough... fileplanet

142438ss.jpg

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

System Shock 2 is back up on HOTU
    System Shock 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Steel panthers turn based stategy game 425mb

Matrix Games has released a new version of Steel Panthers: World At War, its award-winning turn-based tactical wargame. The new version 8.20 updates and expands orders of battle, updates unit data and improves the AI opponent and its selection of forces. A few stability problems were also resolved. SP:WaW is an entirely free game! All you need to do to play the game is download and install the files. It is 100% complete and ready to go. If you are looking for some new scenarios, opponents or just to chat with other SPWaW fans just use the links on www.steelpanthersworldatwar.com to join our forums, or to visit some of the web sites created by players like yourself. Yes, all these services are free as well! Now you know why we say this is the best Steel Panthers... ever!" Check full article for more details.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭strangeloop

Check out the Bruno Marcos star wars games...very good.

http://www.bruneras.com/

splash_battle_yavin.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Not only are System Shocks 1 AND 2 available for download but.... *squeals with shrill girlish excitement*

FREESPACE 2 IS NOW AVAILABLE WITH TEH OMGS

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Castlevania The Blood Way emulated in flash

http://flashkof.free.fr/castle/castle.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Not sure if this is posted already..

http://www.betawatcher.com/

Lists out the Betas for upcoming games. Some free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

I got Gunbound there yesterday. Quite fun, 100mb download. Worms like game. Screenshot The in-game chat is fun. Done using speech bubbles which can be a bit of a laugh.
    Worth checking out imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Some sort of MS-made multiplayer spaceship team combat game. Looks good and is now free (including source). Will download and try this out .. hope it puts my snazzy new joystick to good use :D
    Allegiance, the multiplayer space-combat game from the minds of Microsoft Research, combines the challenges of tactical squadron-based combat, intense one-on-one space dogfights, and amazing graphical and sound effects into a space-action experience like nothing you've seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Rnger wrote:
    Ground Control 1 + GC 2 multiplayer demo free at cough... fileplanet

142438ss.jpg

downloaded this and tried to install it. When installing it says you have to be connected to the internet to get a Key for it. Fair nuff. but the page to give me the key is returning an error. Also says on the next install screen:

"and you MUST be connected to the internet when you run the game"

That sucks, why do you need that when you're playing the single player campaigns? smells of spyware to me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

LoBo wrote:
    http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Some sort of MS-made multiplayer spaceship team combat game. Looks good and is now free (including source). Will download and try this out .. hope it puts my snazzy new joystick to good use :D
    Allegiance is very much good

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement