Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

57_1.jpg
    57_2.jpg
    57_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

blorg wrote: »
    57_1.jpg
    57_2.jpg
    57_3.jpg

Guess he feels at home on his bike - might be an option when the OH complains about not spending enough time together!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

I may have posted this previously. No harm in posting again, right? ;)

The perfect way to spend time with a non-cycling OH:

4016036472_205e015939.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,325 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

My new pride and joy - a Canyon Ultimate AL 9.0

IMAG0051.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

alanucc wrote: »
    My new pride and joy - a Canyon Ultimate AL 9.0

Awesome and ominous looking.

I'll hopefully see you out on the Cork roads with my soon-to-be-built-up Ultimate CF.

I'll be posting it up here also, no doubt.

If they're the same size I'd be interested in meeting up to do a swap for a few miles. Mine is a 52cm.

Lemag wrote: »
    If they're the same size I'd be interested in meeting up to do a swap for a few miles. Mine is a 52cm.

Mine's a 56cm, but you're welcome to try it out if you like. My main first impression - the front end seems lighter and more responsive (twitchy?) than my defy 3. Overall it just feels ace though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

alanucc wrote: »
    Mine's a 56cm, but you're welcome to try it out if you like. My main first impression - the front end seems lighter and more responsive (twitchy?) than my defy 3. Overall it just feels ace though.

If I can get my leg over it, that is. Quite a step up from a defy 3. Was that an alu fork? Also, if it hadn't been properly lubed this would make it seem stiffer again when turning. Can't wait to get out on mine.

Lemag wrote: »
    If I can get my leg over it, that is. Quite a step up from a defy 3. Was that an alu fork? Also, if it hadn't been properly lubed this would make it seem stiffer again when turning. Can't wait to get out on mine.

Nah, it's a carbon fork on the defy. It's very possible it needs a bit of tlc at this stage. Be sure to post up a pic of the ultimate cf...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

This bike is plated with 24-carat gold and 600 Swarovski crystals the price €80,000. Aurumania

Bike_in_full_90_1-980x753.jpg

You could call her 'Victoria'.

David Beckam probably rides it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It has the same amount of fat anyway.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Bike%20Lights.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

IMG_0045.jpg?t=1281645238

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

IMG_0047.jpg?t=1281645304

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

was out today for cycle first time i have had a chance to take a good pic of my new bike 40088_466251261489_561781489_7048932_3604085_n.jpg

view from where i was

35954_466251626489_561781489_7048933_6493811_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Enjoy your new bike! I would suggest to get a proper good lock if you are going to leave it outside at any time, this one is just not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Enjoy your new bike! I would suggest to get a proper good lock if you are going to leave it outside at any time, this one is just not enough.

Idont leave it anywhere in public apart from the gym and the security guard is a mate so he looks after it for me

in work its lock in the underground carpark that you need id to get into and their are 2 security guards on there all the time so its as safe as can be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

My name is Doctor Bob, king of the highway,
    Look on my bike, ye Mighty, and despair!

IMG_3415crop1-1.jpg
    IMG_3419crop1-1.jpg
    IMG_3429crop1.jpg
    Rawr.

New steed, delivered to my door 10 days ago. It might weigh the same as a small tank, but it does get up a good head of steam, and it's an absolute joy to ride. It actually turns me into a laid back softie when I'm in the saddle (not that I was ever a bully, I might add)- because squeezing between cars and racing to get through amber lights isn't an option, I've found that not only my riding style but, well, my whole outlook on life, has changed. Mmm, okay, the 'whole outlook on life' bit may be a slight exaggeration, but it's interesting to see the way in which one's bike can have a such strong bearing on one's carriage.

I've wanted a bike like this since 2006 when I borrowed a similar one from my friend Rory in Amsterdam, but the desire kicked up a notch earlier this year when I first saw those photos of Charles W Cushman, posted here previously. As you might recall, lurking in the background of one was this chap:

Cushmanpipemandetail.jpg

Style icon? Maybe not for everyone, but I think he cuts a fine dash altogether.

Then, at a Bike Week event in June, I had the chance to take a test ride when the good folk from Bear Bicycles had their wares on display. To say It was love at first ride...

Since taking delivery, some people have asked if I'd be giving it a name; indeed, if it is a she or a he, or just an it. Well today I heard from The Brother that our family dog passed away on the operating table last Friday whilst on holiday with my parents in Waterford. She was an absolute treasure, but more relevant to this tale, she was very handsome and jet black with a few white flecks, so that has set me thinking...

Anyway, there you have it. My new bike. I think I'm in love.

PS You probably won't spot me wearing a Boards jersey on it (or a Boards waistcoat, for that matter), but I'm sure the keen-eyed among you won't have missed the subtle pledge of allegiance in the colour scheme (I don't think I could have carried off the pink crate- the bell is getting enough comments already!). :)

See you all at next year's Wicklow 200!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I love it. You certainly won't ruin a good pair of pants on that bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

My friend, that's going to snap gusset elastic at 20 paces. You won't be able to get them out of their corsets fast enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Dig the nurse lock. Very practical!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Thanks all!
    el tonto wrote: »
    I love it. You certainly won't ruin a good pair of pants on that bike.

I will if my ardour doesn't subside eventually. Or were you referring to the enclosed chain?
    Lumen wrote: »
    My friend, that's going to snap gusset elastic at 20 paces. You won't be able to get them out of their corsets fast enough.

Take a number, my darling. All good things come to those who wait.
    tomasrojo wrote: »
    Dig the nurse lock. Very practical!

And very suitable for a Doctor, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Also dig the mudflaps. I had to make my own out of bits of milk jug. Couldn't buy mudflaps anywhere.

Got these yesterday. Amazing build quality.

Islabike CNOC 16, 7.85kg
    th_P1000787.jpg
    (click for larger version)

Islabike CNOC 14, 7.36kg
    th_P1000788.jpg
    (click for larger version)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Lumen wrote: »
    Got these yesterday. Amazing build quality.
    Not very aero... i suppose some deep section wheels and pointy hats are no the way though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Are they not a little small for you?
    :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

abcdggs wrote: »
    Not very aero... i suppose some deep section wheels and pointy hats are no the way though

Options a bit limited in 14" and 16" wheels. I have investigated.

Master Lumen will be getting drops as soon as he turns five. No child of mine etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Have you considered the frontal-area-minimising potential here?

34zb0cw.jpg?psid=1

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MarkG1975

Giant carbon XTC up at Castlewellen co.Down,beautiful area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Hawt

DSC_0027.jpg

Advertisement