Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hercules 9800 SE to 9800 PRO Softmod success

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

interesting scores there i would have thought you would be a bit higher with that processor

i don't have 03 yet will wait for broadband to download it but i get 17500 with a xp2500+ @ xp3200+, radeon 9800 pro (not o/c), 512 mb pc3500 @ pc3200 and an abit nf7-s v2.0

data

• Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

interesting scores there i would have thought you would be a bit higher with that processor

me? to be honest im not surprised a p4 at 3ghz is prolly equivalent to a barton @3200, and 01 is very system dependant

yeah but even james with his XT only gets 500 more, perhaps it is his slower ram?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Slower single channel RAM and 4X AGP slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,954 ✭✭✭✭Stark

AGP 8x only gives 2% performance increase over AGP 4x. Perhaps the current graphics cards aren't enough to saturate the 4x bus.

• Advertisement

yeah my ram is single channel, one stick of 512 don't know what affect the speed of the agp slot has

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

this may sound stupid to some :)

if i buy a hercules 9800se, and try to softmod it to a 9800 pro, and it FAILS.... what happens?

does my pooter go up in a funny green smoke, does my monitor cave in on itself? or do i just "do something" and it all goes back to 9800se goodnes?? :)

Daniel

i think you just change the software back and it goes back to the 9800SE AIW goodness thats not a bad mid range card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Yea basicly your left with a 9800se which you can then overclock if you like :) . It is roughly the same performance as the 9600pro (mabye a little less), you could take the other road which would be a 9600xt (would be a better performer) for a bit less.

Sorta depends if you want to have a chance of getting a 9800pro AIW .

PS Theres a good chance that your will monitor cave in unless you take out your cd drive (if your loading the drivers with a shovel );) .

Is a nice card to have and is a pretty good performer either way.

Advertisement