Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

My company, Digital Messenger Ltd. has recently been issued with a licence to operate a public transport service from Swords to the City Centre via the Port Tunnel. It will trade under the name 'Swords Express' (http://www.swordsexpress.com/). We plan to begin operating in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 TommyShannon

Happy enough regular Dublin Bus User.

Use Iarnród Éireann only in a train enthusiast capacity, used to be a dart commuter.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

A reasonably good Ulsterbus driver.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

A walker/cyclist/motorcyclist/car driver that has lived abroad an has seen what impact a decent infrastructure and public transport service has on people's quality of life. No professional link to any state or private organisation, nor to any NGO or political party.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭validis_

Employee of JJ Kavanagh and Sons,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

I use public transport alot, my life suffers because of it. After living in London for a few years I am adamant transport should be privatised and I am a staunch supporter of the little guy, particularly anyone who comes up with new ideas and services designed to serve the people rather than hinder them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

<snip at poster's request>

I'm just your average Joe Soap with an interest in public transport, mainly the rail network. I wish I worked in IÉ though!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I work in IT in the private sector
    Member of FG
    Bitch to public transport

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Luas driver :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,251 ✭✭✭✭Victor

rednik wrote: »
    Luas driver :D
    O_o they are rare. You'll have to tell us all about it some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

I've been posting here for a few years now but thought I should update this. I work for a subcontracting company involved in the M50 eFlow project. Happily I know almost nothing about it but all of a sudden, I'm pro-tolling :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 U-Turn

U-Turn, blogger and poster and founder of Toll-Free-M50 web campaign operationfreeflow.com, trying to provide a focal point for public debate, action relating to the continuing M50 saga.

Not politically aligned in any way and ironically not a user of the M50 in any big way but seriously suspicious of this after another major U-turn by our politicians.

Self employed with little time to be doing this kind of stuff but it has to be done or we will constantly dictated to by an ever increasing alliance of Private Interests & Government.

I hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Owner of www.gripes.ie which aims to highlight poor planning and services relating to our countries infrastructure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Not affiliated with any party or organisation. I just have an interest in transport in general - mainly by road, though, as I don't live near an airport, seaport or train station. I'm also originally from the middle of nowhere, so public transport hasn't been an option for me for most of my life. The roads I travel most often are the N8, the M8, the R639, the N20 and the N24.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Michael Mc Loughlin, Labour Party Local Election Candidate Dunboyne, Dunshaughlin, Ratoath & Ashbourne

www.michaelmcloughlin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭kingshankly

train driver on the northern commuter(please be gentle):rolleyes:

train driver on the northern commuter(please be gentle):rolleyes:

I'll be gentle, I envy you! I'd love to be doing what you are. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Student

No conflicts of interest as far as I'm aware!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

re-read the thread, assumed I had posted before.
    But hadn't.

was a member of RUI, used to work in Dublin city, used to get the train from Rush&Lusk every weekday a few years ago, started working elsewhere in the county, didn't use PT. Unemployed now, Mrs Carrawaystick works in Dublin2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

After my last mini-rant I better get it out there that Im at the cusp of finishing my RTPI MSc, when I will have the privilege of calling myself a town planner :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,684 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Until fairly recently, a private individual who uses a lot of buses, and occasionally rental cars. I've worked in various industrial estates around the edges of Galway city, and had to get to them from the city-centre.

Now the founder of these public-transport focussed websites:

www.GalwayTransport.info
    www.IrishTransport.info (still under development)

These sites both have google advertising on 'em. I will receive the benefits of this, if there are any. But I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of getting much benefit here - the sites are more an interest/public-service thing.

Professionally, I'm a business-systems-analyst: I've worked on a wide range of IT systems, though none to do with transport/commuting/infrastructure in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Live Drive

Live Drive is a traffic radio show broadcast on Dublin City FM. It is funded by Dublin City Council and broadcasts from the DCC traffic control centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Self employed, well large company owner affiliated with transport in a way but intrested in it. Travel the length and breath of the country and come back home every night..... vorsprung durck technik..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Patser

Bus Driver in Bus Eireann. Member of the NBRU, but not a rep or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Public transport user - mainly Dublin Bus and Luas.

Not affiliated with any party or organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

Track Maintenance Engineer, UK (hopefully IE one day).

Member : TSSA and PWI

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just re-joined the RPSI after an 18 year lapse. Other than that i'm just a rail enthusiast.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

Member RPSI - General interest in railways - all gauges down to 00 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I am a member of DCDR, RPSI (working volunteer) and IRRS

Advertisement