Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

games2

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Wweewww heeewww, another fun night. Basrahs edge played particularly well imo teams were well balanced so lotsa fun. Oh and I did enjoy the SMAW wars (/me plays imperial march) at the end, cept for when winters pulled out that AK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I couldnt help it! The two of you backed me into a corner :)

Basrahs edge was a good game. Those maps are good [Basrahs edge, Basrah nights]. Very much hand to hand combat games which are fun. DC needs more of those i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

What time do you guys usually play at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

usually evenings.

8 or so till sometimes late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

just wondering is there any chance of a 56k being able to keep up on games2? (extremely unlightly i know but still.. just to know four sure)

thanks
    -art-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Hi guys,

I just got the game (Deluxe) about 3 days ago, I downloaded DC yesterday, and hope to have a run out tonight. I've not played before, so expect lots of easy kills ;)

Lo mountjoy what time you thinking of? That is if I can get .6f working... new levels wont load, me thinks I'll have to un-install :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Was thinking about 8 or maybe 9ish. It's no real problem though, as .5 is on it anyway.

Erm not when I checked, which was about 20 mins ago. It's been updated to 0.6 afaik which is good news for me (cause the re-install worked) and bad news for you (if you don't have 0.6). Oh and btw 0.6 is soooooo sweet, just when you thought DC couldn't get any better, it goes and gets a SH*T load better :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Just finished downloading the update about an hour ago (haven’t been playing BF since the patch came out), so I just tried the games2 server, is it down? (– a well I’ll try again tomorrow at a respectable time)

• Advertisement

Nope its not down as far as I can see, mind you it's on battleaxe which is poo. I'll be around later on, infact I'll hang about now for a bit see if anyone turns up if not I'll be keeping an eye on it as per usual. I hope to have a good game tonight haven't got a chance to see .6 shine properly yet. I wanna play new levels ! I demand new levels ! I mean... Oh please Winters oh pretty please... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭BenH

Battleaxe is ok for small teams, but like desert sheild it makes poor use of the space on the map, however the game segfaults or crashes to the desktop whenever I connect, is anyone else having similar problems?

BTW, Winters your CD is in the post so can we please have the new levels in rotation :)

Aye when I loaded up there a second ago I had a crash before the level finished loading (well it was finished in the progress bar) and the only reason I'm here is cause I tried jumping into a tank and the game crashed, again... Anyone else finding stablity issues since upgrading to 0.6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭BenH

I cant help but feel that 0.6 was rather rushed, certainly its nowhere near the level of additions and refinements of 0.4 to 0.5, but without a public roadmap you cant tell.

Of course given there 'interesting' definition of beta software they might not even have a roadmap.

Right, now it's telling me I don't have the map.

So, what mod(s)/map(s) do I need?

Originally posted by monument
    Right, now it's telling me I don't have the map.

So, what mod(s)/map(s) do I need?

It may just be saying this as you do not have DesertCombat updated to 0.6. See this thread on DC 0.6 to update.

No, I don't have DC at all.

Originally posted by monument
    No, I don't have DC at all.

Ok so listen up :)

Make sure you have the latest version of Battlefield [v1.5]. If you are not patched up to the latest version you can download it form one of the links on this thread about the v1.5 update.

You will need the full DesertCombat 0.5 install. This is quite large at 540mb so if you have broadband it will be a good advantage. If you dont ask for a CD and ill [or someone else] will send it out. You can find mirrors to Desert Combat 0.5 on this thread on my last post.

Then you will need to make a nice update to DesertCombat by getting the 0.6 patch which as mentioned can be found in this thread.

Altogether a lot of downloading if you wish to get patched up and ready to play in the sand. :) ... Desert Combat is worth the download though.

Thanks Winters

I'm all patched up with BF, *all* I need is the DC stuff - giving it a go on duel ISDN, but I don’t like the looks of 10h+ :)

So, I’ll give you a PM once I get bored or two afraid of phone bills.

Advertisement