Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Information on travel in Dub.

• 05-11-2003 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads

I'm looking for information on getting around Dublin.

I have to make this trip.

Clyde Road, Ballsbridge go at 7:30pm
    To Busaras need to be their before 8pm

Is this possable and how would i go about this.
    I don not know dublin well.
    Would their be a bus route that would suit or will i have to get a taxi?

Any help would be great.

Thanks Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

You'd be looking at a few mins walk from Clyde Road (really depends what end of it you're on - it's quite a long road) to Ballsbridge, walk around the American Embassy, and wait for either 45,7,8,84 or anything that goes by that stop which will take you to the quays. Then another 5mins to Busaras.

Basicly, using buses, you may or may not make it on time, really all depends on how long you end up waiting for one. In a taxi, it's a 5-10min trip

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi Borzoi

Thanks for the reply.

I think a Taxi might be the best bet as i really can't miss my bus home it is the last for the night.

Do you know any good taxi firms that i could place an order with.
    If you do could you PM me please.

Thanks
    Eóin

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

30 minutes isn't leaving you much space to rely on a bus.

You are likely to get a better bus service (10, 46A/B to O'Connell Bridge) from Morehampton Square on Morehampton Road (continuation of Upper Leeson Street to Donnybrook Road) than Ballsbridge (7, 45, 46 to O'Connell Bridge - these tend to arrive in fleets at half hour intervals).

You **should** be able to get a taxi on the street. Alternatively there is a taxi rank at Jury's Hotel Ballsbridge. Taxi should be about €6 (more if you phone for one).

Access taxis is close by, but I don't know their reputation.
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/Results.asp?origin=HOME&what=taxi&where=dublin

On-line map here http://212.17.39.71/dto/content/route.asp

Advertisement