Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First post

Options
  • 05-10-2003 12:19pm

Well I s'pose I had to be the first post on some forum!!! :D

Welcome sailing and boating to Boardsie

mm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

heya i have a level two sailin licence with blessington sailing club. i did a course in dinghies and catamarans two years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Where did you do your course / exam. I have a Level three power boating licence and I am a level two instructor. I know there are only a handfull of places that do it in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Great to see the board approved. Never sailed before but would love to take it up. I did Marine Electronics (MRGC) in collage so I'm a qualified radio officer but I have never been to sea.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

My dad has a 29 ft yacht which i'd be allowed take out if i was resonably competent with it, so i have to learn next summer... Then the weekends will be full of drunkeness and sailing (tho not at the same time). \o/

Sailed an optimist for a while when i was a kid, im able to row(skills!!!111), handle dinghies with outboards (great fun on lough ree on a nice calm day), and im vaguely able to sail a yacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by kaids
    My dad has a 29 ft yacht which i'd be allowed take out if i was resonably competent with it, so i have to learn next summer... Then the weekends will be full of drunkeness and sailing (tho not at the same time). \o/

I suggest boards beer on Kaids yacht. All in favour say aye aye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Aye Aye, a great idea.

Get a compressor and cross post this to the scuba diving thread!! :D

Originally posted by daveg
    I suggest boards beer on Kaids yacht. All in favour say aye aye.
    agreed :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

All in favour of bunking together say Aye Aye? :P

Advertisement