Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What game would you like to see remade?

Options
  • 14-07-2003 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭

What games would you like to see remade and why? With games like Shinobi and Rygar being remade, I think remakes will pick up momentum if they do well.

Lets say pre-1995, from any platform.....

What would you do to them to bring them into the 21st century?

- Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Elite.

Yes, im aware that it has been remade, updated, improved, built upon and wanked over, but I actually just want the original game, the way it was, with minimal alterations. I understand theres quite a good version (unofficial) on GBA, but I havent played it.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Cannon Fodder

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd love to see FF7 get the FF origins treatment for a next gen console. Also I'd like to see the full story although maybe it's better the way it is.

A decent translated version of FF7 and Suikoden 2.

Would love a new Gunstar Heroes or Rocket Knight adventures.

Ant attack could be re made brilliantly if the right team took it on.

Can't wait for R-type final.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Wing Commander Privateer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

destruction derby raw.

i know they're doing an online sequel for the ps2 but tbh, i'd be happy if it was the same game with next gen graphics & some extra tracks.

gta1 with vice city's engine would be class:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Rise of the traid & Blakestone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Super Mario Brothers given the Mario 64 treatment :)
    You can picture it, running along a track with obsticles and koopas all over the place. Running up giant stairs to leap at a great big flag. Jumping down a pipe and coming out in a subterranean world where you can break through the roof and loads of weird "suspended in mid-air" swinging, moving platforms :D
    It'd be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Asuka
    Elite.

Yes, im aware that it has been remade, updated, improved, built upon and wanked over, but I actually just want the original game, the way it was, with minimal alterations. I understand theres quite a good version (unofficial) on GBA, but I havent played it.

A
    I'd love to see Frontier Elite done again with better graphics combat and trading, loads of factions to join and multiplayer.

That game would just kick so much ass as an MMO.

Failing that I would settle like you for an appropriate update of the original.

Man I loved that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Id give my left nut for a full on next gen remake of FFVII. As long as they kept the cyberpunk/manga theme and didnt go down the ugh..cutesy..road tread by crystal chronicles and FFIX

A remake of either Another world or Flashback would be cool, and dammit if i wouldnt love to see either a remake, or a full on next gen sequel to Vagrant Story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I agree with having a new gunstar heroes.

But I would also love A new Shining Force But they made a shining force 3 on the saturn but only part 1 was released here....pity.

Like the mario Brother theme i would like the original Sonic 3 and Knuckles done to 3d that'd be cool.

I demand though above all else a new Nights. We got to power to really overdo it GO ON SONIC TEAM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Gunstar Heroes!!! My brother!!! What a deadly games, I want to see the whole Treassure back catalogue remade to be honest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

X-Com Enemy Unknown.

Improve the graphics, get rid of the annoying bugs, and improve the AI and it would be a masterpiece.

A remake of that would kick so much ass ...

Elite would also be a good one, but I dont want to sign my soul away again, so maybe its better if they dont remake that.

I was going to say the original Mario Kart too, but that has been redone on the GBA. And very good it is too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ah it has not been totally redone, realistically its the exact same game with some annoying add ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Hate to sound so boring, but Frontier: Elite re-made right just appeals so much. Plenty of people have tried and made decent games (freelancer recently, wing-commander privateer, x-beyond the frontier, even jumpgate to an extent) but they've totally missed out on the pure simulated free flowing nature of an unlimited, insanely lod'ed space world.

It would probably take a very brave person to offer a gamer a game without a direct storyline and clear mission objectives these days, but I sometimes they wish they would, or at least make it feel more open than it is. Eg, Zelda windwaker was pretty decent at making things seem open and mostly the player's choice after the initial island or two.

Frontier kept the carrot dangling mostly by letting you upgrade your ship so you could do your choosen career even better and better, and it didn't inferr anything about your storyline or what you had to do, so it was always your choice if you wanted to edge over to the empire side of things and test out their missions and ships. Instead it just created a universe with stuff going on and if you wanted to tune in it was up to you. Tbh, these days the gameplay mechanics of frontier would be too boring, the career options too limiting, the open-endedness mostly tedious and the dangling carrots not just inviting enough, but back in the early 90's it was a dream come true. Really what I would love is if frontier developments (http://www.frontier.co.uk/) would continue the spirit of the early elite games and make a simulated non-boring space universe that would make gamers today sit-up and go "omg, what should I be? how should I do it? what planet will I call home?" and be excited by the fact that they don't know the answers to these questions in the same way I was 10 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

IK +

Dont change the game in any way except garphic up grade !

HI YA!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Greenbean and other Elite lovers might want to check out BCM by that chap Derek Smart. In roam mode its utterly up to yourself to amuse yourself with a starship and crew/fighters/shuttles/vehicles to mess around with in space, the air and on the ground. Boarding happens far to often to be funny anymore though.

Id like to see Emperor of the Fading Suns redone, with 3d battles ( something like ground control as opposed to a typical RTS type thing ) instead of the counter affairs of the original. The original had so much atmosphere and could go on forever - you could simply devote yourself to expanding and improving your holdings on each world you controlled, explore and colonise other worlds, play politics with the church, merchants and other noble houses, wage wars to halt the symbiot advance with or without control of the imperial fleet.

With a full visual/audio update, 3d battlefields and perhaps an even more immersive options for politicking and trading it would be a civ killer. Itll never be done though, theres always donkey crap collector 8 to be made for the masses:|

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

STREETS OF RAGE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

GOLDEN AXE!!!

oh and Ultima 7.

and the Flinstones game on the speccy. :)

And Rick Dangerous.

And Syndicate. Except there was Syndicate Wars. but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

walker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by lordsippa
    GOLDEN AXE!!!
    mmmm, i think they're doing a sequel for the ps2, should be a good laugh

• Advertisement

If that doesn't come out on the GC i will destroy ALL!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

yes, goldenaxe
    remake good...

also streets of rage, and double dragon. there are probably more games but i can't remember right now

Actually tbh I bought Two Towers cause it looked like Golden Axe all over again. And I wasn't disappointed. Damn fun stupid action game. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd love to see another Syndicate game, all right. Maybe from the perspective of a single agent, or something this time...

And Space Hulk was fantastic, I'd love to see what they can do with all the new technology now...

And Magic Carpet 3, anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Originally posted by #MEAT#
    walker

Yeah id love to see walker back it was fun :D

Id also like to see golden axe retuen and be a bit like sevrence and a multi player co op option. But id like to see more multi player co op in general. It somin we had loads of back in the days of golden axe and Double Dragon and Streets of Rage and Shadow Warriors. :( I want and amiga and an artri STE

But syndicate shouldn't be an FPS!

And I thought they were remaking space hulk a few years back... Maybe it got cancelled or I remember wrong...

But tbh tbh I'd LOVE to see a remake of Roadkill! "FINISH HIM!" >)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Golden Axe please! Could be called GOLDEN AXE: RETURN OF DEATH ADDER :) Man the magic powers in modern day console or pc graphics would be just fantastic.

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I wouldn't mind seeing a new version of Syndicate or Elite, tbh.
    Those were two games that really sucked up nearly months of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Turrican in maybe in 3D, maybe shiny 2D. Dunno. Loved that game and it's Sequel on the C64, yes the amiga had (technically) better graphics, although the overall effect was better on the C64 I felt.

Also the last ninja (C64), although I heard rumours that this was being made.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd love to see a Star Wars FPS that is made by the original teams behind Dark Forces and Jedi Knight or at least a team far better than the muppets at Raven.

Advertisement