Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll Best Characters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

or maybe i have a foot fetish wwm?

failing that
    the librarian
    a nice hairy primate with 4 hands pwwwaarrr
    better than any vimes (also keeps me warm at night & flees add to my balanced diet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

I'm sorry, there was a contest? DEATH.
    Followed closely by Rincewind, Lu Tze and the Nac Mac Feegle (WHERE ARE THE NAC MAC FEEGLE ON THIS POLL???)

Nae king! Nae quin! Nae laird! Nae Master! We will na' be fooled again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

There is a bit of a contest, Death leads Vimes by only 1 vote. The Wee Free Men are pretty new characters, now I'm off to find me a cowbeastie.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

This poll should read:
    1. Death
    2. Rincewind
    3. Cohen The Barbarian

Cohen should be there just on the basis of his din-chewers and his clever way of despatching a whole bunch of samurai. (Read Interesting times for that one. Had me laughing for ages.)

That is all.:D

Originally posted by af666x
    This poll should read:
    1. Death
    2. Rincewind
    3. Cohen The Barbarian

Cohen should be there just on the basis of his din-chewers and his clever way of despatching a whole bunch of samurai. (Read Interesting times for that one. Had me laughing for ages.)

That is all.:D

Er. did you look at the poll?
    Rincewind has only 2 votes and Cohen has only 1.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

That doesnt matter, cohen should be there for begin the only man to wrestle the luggage and win,

well not die anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by af666x
    Cohen should be there just on the basis of his din-chewers and his clever way of despatching a whole bunch of samurai.
    Luckily that's not how polls work. What happens is, people are given a choice and then anyone who decides to vote gets a say in where Cohen should or shouldn't be (purely in terms of ranking on this poll of course;) ). At the moment, let me see, he is ...... nowhere.

Nevermind:)

If I didn't know better, I'd say you don't like old men running around wearing just a loincloth. What's wrong with you!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

personally I wouldn't be a fan of Cohens, hence I didn't vote for him. My point however (which you may be missing) is that for Cohen to do well in the poll he needs votes, of which he ain't got many.

Ah well. He's doing better than gaspode!

• Advertisement

No Gaspode and Cohen both have one vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

You mean you had a wizzard
    but no wizards?

For shame :(

Well he did put the sequins on himself. Not literally on his own body but you know what I mean. And he'd get my vote over a frog pill popping maniac any day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

I'm inclined to vote Om, but he isn't there (for shame). He was excellent. A cynical toroise, what more do you want? But failing that, Vetinari is the best. His dry wit rocks. Especially in Jingo, where he got a VERY good role for once. And about time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

I must say I'm rather dissapointed to see Igor with no votes. Admittedly *I* didn't vote for him, but come on! Igor! With the hands? And the lisp? And the limp? Yeah? Igor? Yeah?

I demand in the stern tone of a man with absolutely no leverage that someone give him a sympathy vote.

yeah, but which Igor? Igor or Igor or his cousin Igor or his father Igor or his brother Igor or his 3rd cousin once removed Igor??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

The hip/modern Igor with his constantly forgotten lisp and excellent hands of course.(Can't remember who he got them off exactly.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

no WAY, the Igor from Carpe Jugulum with the dog and the extra thumbs.

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    The hip/modern Igor with his constantly forgotten lisp and excellent hands of course.(Can't remember who he got them off exactly.)

They were his grandfathers hands:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

"As happy as a dog with two... oh he does."

• Advertisement

Can't wait to start Night watch again later. My brother stole it from me just after Vimes was struck by lightning... I'll kick his ass...

Hey af666x, how bigs the fine from the library gona be for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Yea, you'd probably better get it back there soon, wouldn't want any avenging librarian's chasing you down now would you.

That'd be one scary day. Being chased down by the librarian for the book you haven't yet returned, and the massive fine in peanuts you still owe for overdues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Recently re-read Men at arms, which just confirms how much Carrot Rules (or chooses not to). First proper Watch book and it's so cool. Carrot all the way.

Well that book was borrowed from a friend of his that the friend "borrowed" from the library. Nothing to do with me I'm afraid

*listens intently for the sound of orange hair rustling in the wind*

OOK.

Oh bug- ...... ... .. .. . .

THWACK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I pick Death, I haven't read many Discworld books yet but I cracked up reading about him flipping burgers in 'Mort'!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

IM not surprised death is the most favoured,
    can someone help though.... my knowledge of Discworld comes form reading 2 books, a friend and the games , where can i start?
    iv been told that the first books (dont even know what they are) arent as good as the newer ones... can some suggest a god read?

Feet of Clay, Guards Guards, Interesting Times, Reaper Man.

There's four good ones to go for. Any of the guards books are great. I anjoyed them greatly.

If you're looking for a god read try "Small Gods".
    (sorry for the really bad joke)
    Seriously any of the guards books are good for laughs, and more laughs.
    They are:
    "Guards, Guards"
    "Men at Arms"
    "Feet of Clay"
    "Jingo"
    "The Fifth Elephant"
    and "Night Watch".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

OMG guys - you forgot the funniest Wizard in the series - Ridcully!

BURRRRSSSSAAAAAR!

His bullet-headedness cracks me up everytime, especially the little one-on-ones with Ponder Stibbons. I don't like Rincewind anymore because he's too one-sided - the coward (you can tell he's from the early days of discworld when it was all just jokes and farce). Maybe it's about time Pratchett made him grow up a little - his books are still a laugh tho'

But I think Vimes is the best/most 3D character - he's been moulded really well since GuardsGuards; NightWatch is a triumph, and I think there's a little bit of Sam Vimes in us all. Death is a good character for no other reason than you end up _pitying_ him for his lame attempts to understand the one thing he's meant to take away - life.

Advertisement