Posters are also advised to read the "How To Be A Better Poster" and the "Boards.ie Guidelines" pages of boards.ie -- as with this charter, you will be required to follow the rules even if you don't read them.
What this forum is for
This purpose of this board is to discuss matters related to various forms of transport. This includes current systems, structures and service and planned developments within this field.
Walking, cycling, motorcycles, bus (public and private), tram / Luas, train, taxis, car commuting and goods transport are all acceptable topics. Air, airport and sea / ferry services (within and to/from Ireland) are also acceptable topics.
Transport community announcements (subject to boards.ie advertising / spam rules), general discussion (serious and not so serious) and relevant humour are all welcome. Issues relating to holidays, passports and visas should be posted on the Travel forum.
Disruptive posting is not permitted. This includes (but is not limited to):
- The use of multiple accounts
- Posting of spamming, commercial messages, multiple posts on the same topic, creating multiple threads on the same topic and and anything that makes it difficult for users to read the board, including, but not limited to oversized images, non-standard text or fonts (unless there is a particular reason) or use of txt spk.
- Personal attacks / focus: You are free to attack the content of other poster's posts and it is fine to disagree with someone's viewpoint and debate it. However, it is not permitted to attack the poster's personality, background or any other irrelevant aspect (including what transport they use or how they pay for public transport). Such posts will be removed and you way be warned, infracted or banned from the forum for doing so.
- Deliberately posting in an inflammatory or derogatory manner in order to create a disturbance (commonly known as "trolling").
- Posts which include defamatory material, incitement of hatred, bigotry, racism, sexism or violence.
- Assigning derogatory nick-names to those who disagree with you, or participate in a hobby or interest which is not to your taste.
- Replying to or discussing moderation in threads (see note below).
Discussion of Moderation
It's important to note, if you have an issue with a moderation decision, that you don't question or discuss it on-thread.
Doing this will inevitably drag the thread off-topic which is unfair to the original poster and other users. Users who question or discuss mod instructions on-thread will be infracted or banned as necessary. If you have issues with a post or a thread, please use the Report Post function to let us know.
All you have to do is press this button beside each post - - and we will look at it.
Things that shouldn’t be posted include:
- Anything exclusive to or more suited to the Motors forum.
- Travel items outside Ireland (more suited to the Travel forum.
- Abusive/directed rants. You can rant about "Slow people getting on the bus" and "Idiots that stand waiting for the bus that comes once every half hour then get on the bus and spend ages looking for the bleedin fare". Rants aimed a particular individual are not acceptable and/or which are abusive in nature are not acceptable.
- General discussion on wider society at the periphery of transport issues that are more suited elsewhere on boards.ie (more suited to the Politics, Humanities, College, etc. boards) may be moved to those boards.
- Some items suited to Regional boards may be included here if relevant, but again depending on context, they might be better included on the relevant Regional board, e.g. general commentary on commuting in London can be included here, but specific London problems with no comparison to Ireland, should be included on the London board.
- Commercial advertising without permission. The overt promotion of commercial activity and the use of the board as a vehicle for such are forbidden in accordance with the general rules of boards.ie
- Anything against the terms and conditions or general rules of boards.ie