Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indiana Jones 4

Options
  • 06-06-2002 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

apparantly Lucas and spielberg are planning on releasing a 4th indian jones ....great , you might say. Im a big fan of the original trilogy aswell but i read in an interview that they cant do anything until lucas is finished with the star wars prequels , which is another 3years, so dose anyone else not think Ford will be way to old , personally i think he is too old now , by the time they do make it he will be 63 ... cant really picture the oap with his whip:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Could always have a son.. a younger Jones... Ford be in it as the dad. Since the mummy is similar im a lot of ways, Brendan Frasier might be a good one.. or maybe go Irish and get Colin Farrel to do it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Originally posted by Saruman
    Brendan Frasier might be a good one..
    Please tell me you're joking, I couldn't think of a better way to ruin the Indiana Jones series than putting Brendan Frasier in it. Especially as a Jones! You're right though - having Ford as the father isn't a bad idea, but you'd need somebody bloody spectacular to fill Ford's shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nah nah nah .... they CANNOT change the actor. Here is what Spielberg says ........
    Steven Spielberg recently did an interview with Cinescape Magazine (http://www.cinescape.com) and was asked about "Indiana Jones 4." (By the way, let's give a round of applause to Mr. Spielberg for getting that college degree!)

Spielberg revealed that Frank Darabont, director of "The Shawshank Redemption," has been tapped to pen the screenplay. “We just made Frank’s deal two weeks ago. We have the story, which is a story George Lucas wrote. It’s a wonderful story. We have Harrison Ford, who’s approved the story. He’s ready to perform in the movie.”

The director also provided a brief timetable regarding the project. “The movie’s going to be shot probably in May of 2004. When I say probably, it could be April or May of 2004 and the movie’s going to come out probably for the July 4th weekend of 2005, because the last STAR WARS is going to come out the week before Memorial Day 2005. So we’re coordinating this to be a one-two punch with the last STAR WARS coming out in 2005 in May and INDIANA JONES 4 coming out 2005, probably June 29th or July 4th.”

The best quote of the interview, however, was when Spielberg was asked about fans' concerns that Harrison Ford is getting too old. “Harrison Ford can still kick the s**t out of most people half his age,” Spielberg told us. “I think he’s in great condition to put the fedora and the hat and the leather jacket back on and crack that bullwhip a few more times.”

(Taken from http://www.cinecon.com - my fave movie news site!)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by Jazz
    Please tell me you're joking, I couldn't think of a better way to ruin the Indiana Jones series than putting Brendan Frasier in it. Especially as a Jones! You're right though - having Ford as the father isn't a bad idea, but you'd need somebody bloody spectacular to fill Ford's shoes.

Mainly joking yes.. the idea was sound..
    However there is no reason they cant make Ford look younger than he is.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ha like use CGI to hide the wrinkles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

I suppose so also i wonder how Arnie will look in T3 , he is getting on a bit himself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ford isn't that old. He's still pretty active for someone his age. I don't think he'll have any problems playing ole Indy again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

tbh I thought they ended the series quite well with The Last Crusade.

If they're going to do it there'd better be Nazis, something to do with the bible and no little chinese side kicks (I didn't like The Temple of Doom)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by pauldeehan
    (I didn't like The Temple of Doom)
    Guess you probably won't like this one either...

Full Cast and Crew for
    Indiana Jones 4 (2004)

Harrison Ford .... Prof. Henry 'Indiana' Jones, Jr.
    Kate Capshaw .... Wilhelmina 'Willie' Scott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I swear to God...if they go to India...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Originally posted by Darth Homer
    I suppose so also i wonder how Arnie will look in T3 , he is getting on a bit himself

I think that Arnie is already past it. I had the unfortunate experience of seeing Collateral Damage in the flicks and I have to say Arnie looks decrepid. Must be all those steroids he did in his youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

In a recent interview in either Total Film or Empire (sorry, can't remember which), Harrison Ford was asked about the difficulties his age would throw up. He said that firstly this film would be set much later than the others in a decade where Indy would look this old and that they might not be able to beat up Indy as much anymore but he'd still be up to the job. They're also apparently talking with Sean Connery about a reprisal of his role as Indy's dad.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

They'll probably have a Son of Indy thread. Looking forward to it. If they release it 2005, that will be the same year as Episode III. Nice. About the age thing, Sean Connery is only 14 years older than Ford anyway. If they can get away with that, they can get away with Indy being a bit wrinkly..

Advertisement