Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV and Broadband

Options
  • 21-04-2002 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

UTV are indicating that they are considering offering a Broadband service in the Republic and there is a form whereby you can express your interest in such a service.
    ===========
    Will you be supplying broadband internet access in the Republic of Ireland?

Initially broadband will only be available in the North of Ireland, but we hope to provide a similar services within the Republic in the near future.

Keep an eye out on our Website for new products in the Republic of Ireland.

To register your interest and to receive further information please complete our Online Form.

Click here for the Online Form!
    http://u.tv/support/broadbandinfo.asp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

adsl over bitstream perhaps?
    i also emailed utv about flat rate 56k they said they had all the equipment in the exchanges but they were just waiting on eircom but i guess friaco wouldnt require them to update their equipment
    and of course they had no idea when this would be they couldnt even say what year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

U.tv are also offering a flat rate range of services to business from STG£20.00 per Month.

Very interesting, the way they have stated "Available anywhere in Ireland"?..

They have changed the complete layout of their site and now offer many more services than before. A vast improvement on how it used to look.

As I live in Donegal the only part of Ulster not under British jurisdiction, but where I can use the ordinary U.tv dial-up per minute charge per minute service, which is then charged to my Eircom bill.

It appears that U.tv are ideally placed to introduce "Unmetered" flat rate internet services accross the board in the "Republic".

All the indicators are that they are heading that way, and fast. Hopefully:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by paddy20

As I live in Donegal the only part of Ulster not under British jurisdiction

This must be news to the people of Cavan and Monaghan then.
    Ulster has 9 counties, 6 of them are at the moment part of the UK.

Antrim
    Armagh
    Cavan *
    Derry
    Donegal *
    Down
    Fermanagh
    Monaghan *
    Tyrone

the * designates counties in Ulster that are part of the Irish Republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yellum,

Hold on while I get my foot out of my mouth, Arrrggh? Thats better.

My sincere apologies to Cavan & Monaghan. However, I think the citizens of those fair Counties may just be more interested in the subject of my posting than my obvious geographical ignorance.

Never was my subject anyway.

Paddy:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I have been onto U.tv a lot since the ODTR was finished .
    Not sure of the exact details but Eircom is stopping it.
    And they hope to have Flat rate soon.
    Keep emailing them let them know there is interest use all you different email address if you hvae to.
    Kdja

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by kdja
    I have been onto U.tv a lot since the ODTR was finished .
    Not sure of the exact details but Eircom is stopping it.

Stopping "what" ?

:-/

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I remember a thread a few months ago that resulted in a letter from UTV being posted stating that Eircom wouldnt play ball. Something about use of exchanges (suprise, suprise), I'm sure some of the hardcore IoffL'ers will be able to quate it verbatim, :ahem: adam :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

I have been talking with the head of technical operations in UTV today to arrange a meeting, it will be around the 6th of May. The meeting will be reported on officially as usual. Should be nice to show up the ODTR's "lack of demand profiling for flat rate" arguement further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Best of luck with that meeting, David.

Tell them that if they want to know who'd be interested in a proper, 24/7, reasonably priced, flat-rate package that they've got one potential customer right here and several of my friends and people I know for a start.

There is a market for flat-rate here in Ireland (despite what Eircom might think!) and the sooner they try to break into that market here, the better. For all of us!

Advertisement