Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Customer Support

Options
  • 12-10-2005 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Sent three emails to IBB support over the last couple of days - just got this back (finally)..

Your message

To: Irish Broadband Support
    Cc:
    Subject:
    Sent: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:59:20 +0100

was deleted without being read on Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:03:18 +0100

Final-Recipient: RFC822; Alan.OConnor@irishbroadband.ie
    Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted
    X-MSExch-Correlation-Key: QMQXsVUtFEqx/aMGc2gFgg==

Good to see they are acting on our support requests !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

lol....at least you got a response.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

make sure and hang onto it..any probs in future and you can produce this to comreg etc...
    without a doubt IBB are the worst company I've ever done business with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

what did you use to figure out if they opened/deleted etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

It only took 6 days to delete it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

That is disgraceful, but hardly surprising. We all knew they do it but had no proof.

Hang on to that email but take out the IBB reps's email. It's not nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

IrishTLR wrote:
    That is disgraceful, but hardly surprising. We all knew they do it but had no proof.

Hang on to that email but take out the IBB reps's email. It's not nice :)

Its not nice to delete a customer's support request without even reading it!
    Fcuk Alan O' Conjnor whoever he is. I emailed them 5 times last week and got no reply. I had to threaten them legally to get them to pay any notice.

Thats ridiculous. If there are people in there deleting requests then those in dividuals should be reported .. here or there doesn't matter. At least it will show prospective customers NOT to sign up to IBB if this is the level of respect they give their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Well it's my misfortune to know they do the identical thing with corporate (and I assume big paying) customers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I new they did this I thought it was comon knowledge with regulars to the BB forum. Thats why I always ring them. Ive rang them 5 times in the last week. My BB is still not working. I spent 29 mins on hold and 6 mins talking to the guy. I know there is at least 6 guys working there. How many calls are they getting. And all those 29 mins im on hold I hear `you can always email to support@IBB.ie` it makes me laugh. But IBB makes me cry most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I got one of those SIX months after i sent the mail to them :rolleyes:

In fairness to them though when you send them a mail it gets passed to like 20 ppls inboxs so this guy deleting yours is prob cos he knew someone else had read it by talking to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I think optiplex's post is very important.

You sent an email to support@irishbroadband.ie, yet another mailbox user deleted the mail. When I worked for Yahoo, support mails would get forwarded to Tech Agents and who ever dealt with it first updated the ticket, so if someone else went to do it, they would see it had been dealt with and they deleted it. Its probably the same case here, except you had a read reciept in your mail and when this user deleted it, he selected yes on the read reciept rather than no.

I really don't think they are deleting every mail they get. If they were, then why have it on the website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

syklops wrote:
    I think optiplex's post is very important.

You sent an email to support@irishbroadband.ie, yet another mailbox user deleted the mail. When I worked for Yahoo, support mails would get forwarded to Tech Agents and who ever dealt with it first updated the ticket, so if someone else went to do it, they would see it had been dealt with and they deleted it. Its probably the same case here, except you had a read reciept in your mail and when this user deleted it, he selected yes on the read reciept rather than no.

I really don't think they are deleting every mail they get. If they were, then why have it on the website?
    in my office we have an "opperations@blahblahblah.com". It goes to our entire floor. thats a lot of ppl. I delete alot of mails without reading them if I know someone else is already on that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

bubby wrote:
    Fcuk Alan O' Conjnor whoever he is.

Ok, let me be more specific. It is against Charter to post "non publicly published" contact details for an organisation or employee of an organisation.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Advertisement