Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getcover.com

• 13-01-2005 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Anyone have a discount code for getcover.com?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

I don't have a code but I have something else that will save you some money!

Don’t take out cover with Getcover.com

I took out insurance with Getcover.com and had to make a claim. They have an office somewhere in Galway. It was a nightmare. I won't go into the facts but they did everything they could to avoid paying my claim and in the end I gave up. The person dealing with my claim was an expert on sending letters saying very little but sorry blah blah...... They threw the rule book at me for a claim of €400 when I paid €450 for a extended trip policy. The impression I got was that it was my fault for having an accident and that I was a bigger fool for even taking out insurance.

I took from their advice that if you have an accident in a country outside Europe you should

Before the accident assess your activities for that day, if you activities amount to anything more than staying in bed DON’T RISK IT

After the accident

Get a video camera to record the scene, take pictures, think about how foolish you were to get into that situation, get the local chief of police to sign a statement, take witness names and addresses and get their police history because they could be untrustworthy sources! Your weren’t really that injured were you, sure couldn’t you have waited until you got home with your leg hanging off to get treatment Etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 marls

Oh dear! Sounds like you had an awful time with them. What’s the point in taking out an insurance policy - for peace of mind? I think not!

I've used them before but... have never had to make a claim. Now that I'm going on an extended trip (with the possibility of doing 'hazardous activities'), I need to take out insurance and I thought their cover was pretty good.

I wonder is it the same with all insurance policies ... have a feeling it is :eek: So what are you supposed to do to properly insure yourself???

Any thoughts? Or can anyone recommend a company that they actually know is good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

cwu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

yeah getcover are basically a bunch of scam artists.

Advertisement