Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get ITV on sky Q box?

Options
  • 26-05-2021 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I don't watch ITV but my folks do and this evening it's not working. They normally use to the manual tuning menu on the sky box but they just get a message saying "No programmes are currently being broadcast on this channel" Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

Hi guys I don't watch ITV but my folks do and this evening it's not working. They normally use to the manual tuning menu on the sky box but they just get a message saying "No programmes are currently being broadcast on this channel" Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Check the frequency Kenneth on kingofsat.net and retune it

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

Just checked my Sky Q box and it's still working here.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭decor58

Would they have tuned it on other channels, if they had the sd version, ITV have stopped broadcasting many of the regional sd variations. If it was tuned manually best to tune in the HD version.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I had to change the tuning also tonight , so you need to retune.

Yorkshire (West) Emley Moor 10891 H 22000 5/6

I think this is what I used but it was an older link

decor58 wrote: »
    Would they have tuned it on other channels, if they had the sd version, ITV have stopped broadcasting many of the regional sd variations. If it was tuned manually best to tune in the HD version.

I just checked the FTA list I tuned this weekend,
    ITV HD, UTV HD, ITV Wales HD, STV HD, ITV 2,3 and 4 all working fine.
    ITV1+1 has stopped working strangely enough, I suspect a minor frequency update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭swoofer

A friend is getting Sky q so how do I tuner in other channels, baby steps as I never intend to have Sky Q myself but want to look knowledgeable!!

ITV HD, C4HD and anything else I may have missed.

swoofer wrote: »
    A friend is getting Sky q so how do I tuner in other channels, baby steps as I never intend to have Sky Q myself but want to look knowledgeable!!

There are a couple of HD free sports channels and a couple of 4k demo channels, last time I checked one was ice hockey and one was greyhounds.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

swoofer wrote: »

Try the OP of this thread:

[url] https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627[/url]

link wont work.!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Sorry, should work now. It’s the sticky at the very top of this very forum anyways.

• Advertisement

ITV is moving around again, 2 and 4 this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

athlone573 wrote: »
    ITV is moving around again, 2 and 4 this time.

All these channels moving does my head in. I had to retune ITV 2 & 4 for three elderly neighbours today, as well as myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    All these channels moving does my head in. I had to retune ITV 2 & 4 for three elderly neighbours today, as well as myself.

Why do they move so often? It doesn't affect me (Enigma box, ABM does it for me), but still curious

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Have the tuning details for ITV channels changed lately? I have them all tuned in on my Sky box, but none working lately - but the +1 ones are working fine :confused:

I'm particularly looking for ITV4 right now, to watch the tennis!

I've tried the details from the link provided by icdg a few posts back, but no joy......

Edit -

To answer my own question, found the following codes and they work for ITV4....

H
    DVB-S
    5/6
    QPSK

Here you are

10891 H, 22000, 5/6, QPSK = ITV 4 SD and a few others

10906V, 22000, 5/6, QPSK = ITV 2 SD and a few others, like ITV3.

OK

Advertisement