Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't put the cakes down ! Fatter at 40 ?

Options
  • 20-05-2021 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

How many cakes is too many for you?

With the terrible weather we are just eating rubbish non-stop. Tonight I made a dozen cakes and we ate half of them without even a second thought.

That green and white bag is from pick and mix yesterday.

I had a Yorkie on Tuesday.

I'm going to eat salads all weekend but this sugar addiction I've developed during covid is absolutely insatiable at the moment.

How much sugar per week do you consume?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

I meant to attach this picture but my fingers were too fat
    553656.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭passatman86

Great title
    Good laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭con747

So, 6 cupcakes between "we" = how many each? A pick and mix between how many? A Yorkie on Tuesday. That would be a normal sitting for some people I know with a cup of tea after dinner.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

I used never eat sweets before covid.

About two or three of about 12 types of jellies. Cola bottles, jelly beans, milk teeth, strawberries. God i feckin love pick and mix. I got us a bag each because I would resent having to share them.

Between the two of us. 3 cakes each, that's about 40g of sugar in one sitting. And Nutella on some of them.

Thank you though, I definitely do feel a bit better now that I'm thinking about people who are eating more junk food than me.

It will all be back to normal soon so you can burn it off with some exercise. I have a brother in law that would laugh at me if I said what you mentioned was all he could eat in an hour never mind 3 or 4 days. He is fit and healthy for now but does burn it back off with work and exercise.

• Advertisement

It's well and good to tell us about your brother, con, but you never disclosed what YOUR sugar consumption is like!

The OH had gotten stuck into a tub of ice cream on Monday when they noticed the whole thing was 180% of your daily fat :D

I suppose it feels worse for me on an indolent day like today, working from home and I didn't get a run because I would have been swept away.

Might hop up on the bike in the morning if the hurricane abates.

Brother in law, and I don't measure my food contents I just eat everything in moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

fat is ok really (but never too much) but you're right, refined sugar is the real killer.

From Sunday evening to Friday afternoon I refrain from all "junk" food (I hate the term) - no sweets no crisps no evening snacks, I do IF 18/6 starting at 6pm on Sunday right until I break that on Friday. Usually 12/12 for Sat and Sun.

All last summer I was a mess, drinking every day, snacking along with the beer, bag of jellies in the car at all times. I just ballooned.

Since I started my regime in September (I also got a bike) I've lost 15kg (not a huge amount, but all the experts say "slow and steady" is better than losing weight mad quickly)

I have loads and loads of veggies for lunch every day, usually a stir fry with a bit of lean turkey, and a proper normal dinner at about 5, I don't look at portion sizes or any of that but my plate is never heaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Dunno why this thread make me think of this, but
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭delboythedub

Put a small few Sultannas and a Cupple of Prunes and some sweetcorn added to your salad mix and then sprinkle with very high quality olive oil 3 and cider vinegar 1 and this might take your mind off chocolate bars etc

I had a Yorkie on Tuesday.

I'm going to eat salads all weekend but this sugar addiction I've developed during covid is absolutely insatiable at the moment.

How much sugar per week do you consume?[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

mod hat

Please bear in mind this is not the nutrition and diet forum, this forum is about enjoyment of food. Please keep that in your mind when posting in this thread.

On a personal level I object to home made cakes or things with sugar in being referred to as rubbish. All food is good and we're damn lucky to have access to so much of it. I just baked buns with my two year old and we enjoyed the whole process, which includes eating them together. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I don't have a sweet tooth and avoid dairy so rarely eat cakes or sweets.

That said, I could easily eat a whole loaf of bread in one sitting so I'm no angel. I did the give up sugar thing for a month and it cured me completely. The rest of the family are eating loads more than usual so you are not alone.

Look, enjoy it. In lockdown we lost so much of the stuff we use for self care and relaxation, food is one of the few things we had left so don't feel guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,003 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Think I was eating more sweet stuff when still in the office due to the trend of people bringing in goodies \ baking cakes etc

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭phormium

Put a small few Sultannas and a Cupple of Prunes and some sweetcorn added to your salad mix and then sprinkle with very high quality olive oil 3 and cider vinegar 1 and this might take your mind off chocolate bars etc?
    [/QUOTE]

Must say this gave me a much needed laugh! :) Not a hope would a few sultanas and prunes take my mind off chocolate!

Advertisement