Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can anyone find this reg?

Options
  • 14-04-2021 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭

Spotted this prick smash into a car two times in a row today while reversing and speed off, reported to the garda.

I waited for the owner of the car that was hit and she didn't care but I went to the garda myself, it was an old golf he hit but wouldn't have matter if it was a brand new Merc, he knew what he did and legged it. Hit it twice for good measure.

Oddly enough when I run a reg check it says the reg is invalid, am I reading this wrong WPI3 <snip>. No numbers?

IMG-20210414-192656.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

MOT has expired, No tax either

550170.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not taxed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

It's wp13xxx. It's an English reg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Goose81

It's wp13xxx. It's an English reg

Ah I know it's English, I was reading the I as an I and not a 1. How is that font even legal over there, it reads as letter not a number which it should be..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Goose81 wrote: »
    Ah I know it's English, I was reading the I as an I and not a 1. How is that font even legal over there, it reads as letter not a number which it should be..

Same as the Irish reg next to it, i.e. the 131 part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

And as the uk cars dont put anything on windscreen, who knows if it is even insured.
    I doubt gardai can easily check bar requiring cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Spotted this prick smash into a car two times in a row today while reversing and speed off, reported to the garda.

I waited for the owner of the car that was hit and she didn't care but I went to the garda myself, it was an old golf he hit but wouldn't have matter if it was a brand new Merc, he knew what he did and legged it. Hit it twice for good measure.

Oddly enough when I run a reg check it says the reg is invalid, am I reading this wrong WPI3 <snip>. No numbers?

IMG-20210414-192656.jpg

Reminds of Homer parking in the compact parking space....

Easy........Easy...... Easy....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,416 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the golf owner doesn’t care then there’s no point going to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Why did you go to the gardai. Was any property of yours damaged?

Even though you might have thought you were doing the right thing, there is nothing the gardai can do unless a complaint is made by an injured party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Import waiting on a re-register.

As for the OP far play they can be done for fleeing the scene of an accident but maybe the guards might stop and inconvenience them.
    Also record of you trying to do the right thing.

• Advertisement

Darc19 wrote: »
    Why did you go to the gardai. Was any property of yours damaged?

Even though you might have thought you were doing the right thing, there is nothing the gardai can do unless a complaint is made by an injured party.

Why did I go to the gardai?

Because I like to think I'm a decent person and this prick deserves some form of punishment. IL be like you next time, sit there and do nothing.

The garda told me otherwise, they are in the system now to be stopped once a car comes across them

Same thing happened to a friend of mine, guy saw an old woman destroy the side of his car, she drove off and he got the details. She had to pay thousands to fix it once she was caught.

My mate was glad someone cared that day and took her reg down.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The garda told me otherwise, they are in the system now to be stopped once a car comes across them.

You think they'd be stopping them anyway, what with them driving around in a UK reg car and all...........

See so many knocking around without a care. Its almost like they want to be untraceable so they can do what they want.....

Because I like to think I'm a decent person and this prick deserves some form of punishment. IL be like you next time, sit there and do nothing.

The garda told me otherwise, they are in the system now to be stopped once a car comes across them

Same thing happened to a friend of mine, guy saw an old woman destroy the side of his car, she drove off and he got the details. She had to pay thousands to fix it once she was caught.

Very glad you did report them as otherwise they were clean away. Too many believe they can flee without any comeback.
    Id certainly be glad of a right minded citizen that would do the same if my car had been randomly damaged while parked.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Oddly enough when I run a reg check it says the reg is invalid, am I reading this wrong WPI3 <>snip. No numbers?

IMG-20210414-192656.jpg

Hi sorry to barge into this thread of yours, but can I possibly use the photos to post it on

"Why do people hate on SUV drivers?" Thread

Just to give prime example of SUV/crossover owners. If you don't mind?

Edit: do not worry will reference this thread for plagiarism purpose.

FrankC21 wrote: »
    Hi sorry to barge into this thread of yours, but can I possibly use the photos to post it on

"Why do people hate on SUV drivers?" Thread

Just to give prime example of SUV/crossover owners. If you don't mind?

Edit: do not worry will reference this thread for plagiarism purpose.

Go for it, do you want a pic of him actually smashing up the golf instead of just driving off? :pac:

Man wasn't fit to drive a mini, I'm actually laughing about it now. Like how utterly crap a driver he was, was like his foot slipped off the clutch, he didn't just kiss the bumper like properly savaged it not once but twice

SuperValu deansgrange for anyone wondering.

IMG-20210414-192629.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Does this apply to murders too?

KaneToad wrote: »

I wasn't doing the right thing either, I should have just driven off and thought thank God that wasn't my car.

The Garda appeased you. They simply cannot do anything unless a complaint was made by the person whose property was damaged.

It would be different if you had not informed the person of the other car. Once she said she didn't care, that effectively is the end of it.

Stupid of her, but that's her decision

KaneToad wrote: »

Christ, catastrophe syndrome strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

if and when you do find out where the car resides...ring revenue and let them know the car is not taxed and shouldnt be on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Don't suppose you got a shot of the driver? (No, don't post that on this forum, I mean for the Gardaí) There's a certain type of Irish resident that would be known for driving yellow plate cars with no intention of registering them as Irish vehicles. More often than not it's usually White Transits however.

flazio wrote: »
    Don't suppose you got a shot of the driver? (No, don't post that on this forum, I mean for the Gardaí) There's a certain type of Irish resident that would be known for driving yellow plate cars with no intention of registering them as Irish vehicles. More often than not it's usually White Transits however.

No, it wasn't a member of our favourite community.

Tbh with you I was about to pull him out of the car but he drove off.

I'm not like that but was so annoyed, if someone did that to my parents who couldn't even afford the repair and I would have to pay for I would be so upset . I literally was about to kill the old bastard, he's lucky I didn't get near the window.

I was very disappointed that the girl who's car was hit didn't care, if it was me even if I was driving a car worth 10 euro I would have gone to the garda and complained.

It's not how much the car is worth, it's the fact that this lad would have hit a brand new Ferrari and driven off, he simply didn't care and that's not right and deserves reporting.

He quite clearly knew he hit it twice aswell because he took off like Lewis Hamilton.

I'm at the shop all the time and if I see him IL confront him over it, no doubt the garda will do nothing but IL say to him I reported it and scare the **** out of him. Little scumbag

I'm not like that but was so annoyed, if someone did that to my parents who couldn't even afford the repair and I would have to pay for I would be so upset . I literally was about to kill the old bastard, he's lucky I didn't get near the window.

I was very disappointed that the girl who's car was hit didn't care, if it was me even if I was driving a car worth 10 euro I would have gone to the garda and complained.

It's not how much the car is worth, it's the fact that this lad would have hit a brand new Ferrari and driven off, he simply didn't care and that's not right and deserves reporting.

He quite clearly knew he hit it twice aswell because he took off like Lewis Hamilton.

I'm at the shop all the time and if I see him IL confront him over it.

Golf looks tidy and washed also so im surprised owner wasnt bothered.
    They might have a change of heart if they get home and someone shows them more damage than they thought.

The Garda appeased you. They simply cannot do anything unless a complaint was made by the person whose property was damaged.

It would be different if you had not informed the person of the other car. Once she said she didn't care, that effectively is the end of it.

Stupid of her, but that's her decision

I don't care if they appeased me or not, on not one but two seperate threads you have basically intimated you would do nothing in a similar circumstance, you are as bad as the guy that hit the car.

In fact your answers in the threads would indicate you have done this before to a car.. questioning why I bothered to report him that it was none of my business...

I couldn't give a **** if they do anything, I was brought up with morals unlike you clearly and felt it deserved to be reported.

What they do with the info is up to them but at least I can sleep sound knowing some poor woman hasn't had a 2k hit and run job done to the front of her car and as a decent person unlike you I've done the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I'm at the shop all the time and if I see him IL confront him over it, no doubt the garda will do nothing but IL say to him I reported it and scare the **** out of him. Little scumbag

A car got bumped, it's very annoying, but hardly the end of the world.

And "literally" killing someone would definitely be an overreaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

mickdw wrote: »
    Golf looks tidy and washed also so im surprised owner wasnt bothered.
    They might have a change of heart if they get home and someone shows them more damage than they thought.

That golf looks more than washed it looks polished and waxed, very surprised owner didn't mind

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Brian Scan wrote: »
    A car got bumped, it's very annoying, but hardly the end of the world.

And "literally" killing someone would definitely be an overreaction.

I don't understand this attitude that it's ok to damage someone else's property. Any damage to the car will A) cost money to fix B) affect the re-sale value of the car.

Someone's criminally careless behaviour takes money out of your pocket and you thinks that's ok?

If someone broke into your house and stole your hard earned stuff it wouldn't be the end of the world, would you still not go to the Garda?

If someone in the street just walked up to you and punched you in the face it's not the end of the world, is this ok with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I don't understand this attitude that it's ok to damage someone else's property. Any damage to the car will A) cost money to fix B) affect the re-sale value of the car.

Someone's criminally careless behaviour takes money out of your pocket and you thinks that's ok?

If someone broke into your house and stole your hard earned stuff it wouldn't be the end of the world, would you still not go to the Garda?

If someone in the street just walked up to you and punched you in the face it's not the end of the world, is this ok with you?

Why have you quoted me?

You are inferring attitudes that are not implied in my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

All photoshopped I'd say.
    How would anyone have the opportunity to catch all those pictures at just the right time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

SuperValu deansgrange for anyone wondering.

People fairly wedge their cars into that little layby alright.

Fair play to you. I park (wedge) me car in there every other day too.

Could easily have been mine hit.

Advertisement