Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience Cork City's Laziest Fishermen...

Options
  • 22-03-2021 5:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Meet the city of Cork's earliest rising residents. They are a fixture Mon-Sat outside the Grand Parade in the city.

A hidden gem of an experience. One to tell your friends about.

For the price of some fish. You can make an authentic, Cork city friend for life. Of the aviary variety of course.

You might even say that from heron out. This will become a star attraction in the city. To both residents and tourists alike.

They are such regular fixtures, the English Market's caretaker has names for them all.

Enjoy this 70-second video.

Comments

They don't turn up on Sunday's as they used to gorge themselves on fast food leftover's Sat night :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Excellent. Love our city.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

Augeo wrote: »
    They don't turn up on Sunday's as they used to gorge themselves on fast food leftover's Sat night :pac:

Fair point.

Though having said that. Hillybillys leftovers are strewn all over grand parade 7 days a week pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Brilliant.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Aha... I remember coming across one of those fellas outside the library one very early morning.

It was huge! I had no idea what it was!

• Advertisement

If anyone is interested in getting an update on whether the herons turn up on a bank holiday or not...

Just leave a comment with "grey heron" included on my blog post on my website. Also leave your email and I'll get in touch june bank holiday weekend with a final answer. ;-)

Or if you want to hear about more Cork city hidden gems. And some interviews with Cork businesses from time to time. Go to the homepage and signup to the newsletter.

To find blog post just Google "haha english market grey herons".

Thanks

Brilliant.

Thanks Surreptitious:-)

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Aha... I remember coming across one of those fellas outside the library one very early morning.

It was huge! I had no idea what it was!

Never thought I'd get to feed a bunch of herons in the city.

... now I can die with no egrets ;-)

Advertisement