Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

state mouthpiece says its bad but at least its not North Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Ryan telling us that happiness is prohibited in North Korea.

Maybe they should broadcast the Late Late on Jong-un TV. Might help people get into the right frame of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Ha ha ha . At least we're not in North Korea ha ha. We're not so bad ho ho I get up at half 5 you know . Green shoots in the garden soon ha ha . We'll all be fine I read books you know . Aren't I great for making ye feel better 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

He sounds stunned by the student nurses attitude about actually liking her job despite the poor pay and conditions. Reminds me of when he couldn't get over Kellie Harrington not deciding to go professional despite it being a more lucrative moce financially. The concept of willingly doing hard work and not maximising wealth is just incomprehensible to him it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

andy lee , by all accounts a great person, but sadly i felt he was using that reputation to attempt tolure katie to the murky depths of MTK boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

STOP SAYING WE ARE AT THE END OF THE PANDEMIC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Opens the show with the usual forced jollity and laughing only to swiftly move onto how he feels so weepy lately and welling up more these days, followed by a story of a dog having to be put to sleep.....jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Annnd theres the mention of the emotional and physical drain the Toy Show took out of him, wheres my violin?

Don't forget couple of mentions of toyshow .

He's the toyman you know 😊. Even though he hardly mentions that

• Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Toy Show won't be mentioned for a couple of weeks now.....simply because Ryan will likely take a couple of weeks holidays over the Xmas/New Year period, just to recharge cos his job is SO strenuous.

But rest assured it will be mentioned in January again once he returns. Only 11 months before the next one.

• Advertisement

The one which you play with the smallest fiddle? Keep on loosing mine too!

Fake email/text/letter.

Jaysus he’s been telling us to start being flexible and doing our going-out earlier. Telling us to be flexible. Easy for one who signs off from work not long after 10am. Most people work until at least 5, Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Just caught the start of the programme but interesting that he mentioned Morning Ireland starting at 8.00 instead of 7.00 as an example of being flexible. How awful for them.

Random caller from Sweden. Very strange.

Chats a bit then bang, there it is.

"My mum had cancer".

Sweet Jesus what it this guys obsession with cancer and death? It's very strange. He could have had a feel good caller on....but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭hawley

He has spoken to everyone with cancer in Ireland already. Talking about a death clear out now.

Plenty of good eggs. And bad eggs (Boris). Load of waffle and bit of death. Bit of cancer . To make him feel good. Just a normal day. Toy show hasn't been mentioned yet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I doubt if he would think the shopworkers, the transport workers, the medical people, the Guards were “flexible” if they decided to start at 0800!

RTE are a public service broadcaster funded by the taxpayer.

What makes them think they can put the place on ‘autopilot’ over the Xmas period.

People working way harder on much less will be working all over Xmas.

Crazy stuff.

Starts off the week being teary and saying people need to mind themselves coming up to Xmas, so does he hold off from cancer and death stories for the week. Ha ha 😂 course he doesn't. Wierd

And another caller on......and his mum died of cancer.

Couldn't make this up. A double dose of mum's dying of cancer, Ryan's wee gift to us for Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The guy that was filling the slot before morning Ireland sounded exactly like Tubridy 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Our suffering is a bit like the Holocaust

then he realised what he said

There's so much sadness in the world, but also so much kindness. So many empty chairs this Christmas. We think it's bad what we're going through, you could be in a concentration camp, like in WW2. He's watching Band of Brothers at the moment, so is on his mind. Says he's just riffing on stuff.

And the smile grew on his face 😊

We're going to have some lovely stories today👍 and some sad ones . of course you will tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Suprised we havnt had any "I had tears streaming down my face while putting up the Christmas tree" yet.

Edit: the next email from a 'listener' was shedding a tear as they write.

He says people listen to him before going into hospital appointment.😏

Probably thinking 🤔 fcuk it I can't get any more depressed 😊

And a death story 😂

I'll leave it tomorrow for the last death cancer show of the year 🤟

Happy Christmas 🎄🎄⛄ everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the reason ryan is misery and gay byrne is a legend is because gay dealt with people in absolute dire situations and intervened or shocked the nation, such as women trapped in brutal domestic situations and crisis pregnancies in the 80's. it was all live and in real time, none of this pussyfooting around.

On his RTE Radio One slot Tubs explained that he had taken a moment of reflection to be thankful after he finished watching the dramatic TV miniseries Band of Brothers, which follows a US regiment in World War Two.

He told listeners: "When you add Christmas to a pandemic and to your own lives and stories, for a lot of people this is the greatest time of the year, no question, let's not forget that, for a lot of people it's beautiful.

"And then for a lot of others there's an empty chair, which should have been occupied, and there's an empty space in your heart.

"I'm just riffing here on what's happening in the world as I see it, there's a lot of goodness among the sadness, there's a lot of gratitude. In the most ridiculous way I was watching the end of Band of Brothers, looking at them in their foxholes fighting against the Nazi peril and thinking god help us."

But watching that and the last Great Generation and the horror they went through, just last night in the episode I was watching they liberated the camps, and you're just thinking 'Christ, what people went through'.

"That is not to belittle what we are going through but nevertheless there is context for things with regard to history."

Otherwise known as spoofing and doing absolutely no preparation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Advertisement