Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Don’t be a dick” is sexist.

Options
  • 14-12-2020 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭

Can something be done to eradicate, or at least to have an appropriate/similar phrase alongside “Don’t be a dick” please. May I suggest “don’t be a c4nt” or if that’s a bit much “Don’t be a Fanny”

I also thing it gives the mods cover to name call, i.e. “the rules say don’t be a dick...you are been a dick so here’s a card etc.”

Thanks

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So don't be a dick is sexist but don't be a cnut/fanny wouldn't be???

You're going to have to explain that one for those of us in the cheap seats.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I don't think there's any real merit to this thread.

It's nothing other than an idle attempt to conflate a very minor matter with a major one.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement