Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple AirPods - Best Deals?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Just picked up used like new pair from amazon warehouse France. €93 delivered

https://www.amazon.fr/Apple-AirPods-bo%C3%AEtier-charge-Dernier/dp/B07PZR3PVB

Use chrome and it’ll translate

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

Cheers OP (and matchthis) got a like new pair for €87.68 delivered. Discount was applied at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

Thanks got a pair from Amazon France warehouse. Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

mickotoole wrote: »
    Cheers OP (and matchthis) got a like new pair for €87.68 delivered. Discount was applied at checkout

Did you get this from amazon?

Billydoc wrote: »
    Thanks got a pair from Amazon France warehouse. Great deal.

Are they like new condition? Would prefer new one myself, if I am forking out the money for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Are they like new condition? Would prefer new one myself, if I am forking out the money for them!

Warehouse deals are unwanted items returned back to Amazon. They grade each item like used:good to used:like new. Like new could be just a damaged box it comes in. At the min there is 30% warehouse prices on Amazon. So it’s a good enough deal if you don’t mind shopping on the warehouse. I’ve done it before and no issues. Items look new to be honest. But everyone is different .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Billydoc wrote: »
    Warehouse deals are unwanted items returned back to Amazon. They grade each item like used:good to used:like new. Like new could be just a damaged box it comes in. At the min there is 30% warehouse prices on Amazon. So it’s a good enough deal if you don’t mind shopping on the warehouse. I’ve done it before and no issues. Items look new to be honest. But everyone is different .

They were probably still in someone else’s ears!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

Pacifico wrote: »
    Then this deal isn't for you

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

Pacifico wrote: »

Like-new is usually brand new with damaged packaging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

compuB - €158 -
    Link: https://www.compub.com/music/airpods/apple-airpods-with-charging-case

Any pros/cons on the above? CompuB offer 2 year warranty, although is there a chance they go out of business (read an article they were given an emergency fund to keep them in business)? Is there any warranty with Amazon or Littlewoods? I'm guessing not.

I think the 2 year warranty is a good selling point.
    I have my air pods 17 months but only a 1 year warranty and the right air pod battery is draining much quicker than the left. I bought AirPod pros for my son for Christmas but went with Compub because of the extra warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

I think the 2 year warranty is a good selling point.
    I have my air pods 17 months but only a 1 year warranty and the right air pod battery is draining much quicker than the left. I bought AirPod pros for my son for Christmas but went with Compub because of the extra warranty.

ain't there a default 2 year warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Personally I'm waiting to see if Black Friday or Cyber Monday sees them down to €99/€100 mark.
    I was reading that there's a new model coming out next year, so perhaps there's a chance. We'll see. (Not the pros btw)

whizkid9 wrote: »
    ain't there a default 2 year warranty?

Nope.. only 1 year with Apple

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Nope.. only 1 year with Apple

Think it's 2 year warranty if you buy direct from Apple (could be wrong)

Think it's 2 year warranty if you buy direct from Apple (could be wrong)

I wish it was but according to Apple.com its 1 year except on Apple Watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Does the Apple Store ever have BF discounts? I need engraving on some Airpod Pros, so stuck with buying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Does the Apple Store ever have BF discounts? I need engraving on some Airpod Pros, so stuck with buying there.

The email I received from Apple today was that they will have Black Friday deals

Autosport wrote: »
    The email I received from Apple today was that they will have Black Friday deals

On their website it says "Buy an eligible product from 27 to 30 November and get an Apple Store Gift Card to use with your next purchase.". I personally hope they actually have discounts rather the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

On their website it says "Buy an eligible product from 27 to 30 November and get an Apple Store Gift Card to use with your next purchase.". I personally hope they actually have discounts rather the above.

I spoke to a local audio visual shop yesterday and asked them if they'd have any black friday deals on some apple products and they said it was unlikely as supposedly their(apple) stock is low for this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Limerick_dude

They have that a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Apple BF Event

devil is in the detail :
    * Offer valid on qualifying purchases of eligible Apple products from 27 November 2020 to 30 November 2020 at the Apple Online Store, on the Apple Store app, and by calling 1800 92 38 98. Qualifying Purchases can receive a discount equal to the value of the eligible Apple Store Gift Card off the price of the eligible product. All items will be charged at checkout, including the eligible Apple Store Gift Card. This offer cannot be combined with the Corporate Employee Purchase Programme, education or business loyalty pricing.

so it seems you can choose a discount rather than a gift card, which i'd never seen before

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TonyB466

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/black-friday/

Most Likely a 20Euro gift card, Maybe good for movie rentals over xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tyler66

Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

TonyB466 wrote: »
    https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/black-friday/

Most Likely a 20Euro gift card, Maybe good for movie rentals over xmas

If it's an Apple Store Gift Card, it can only be used either in store, the online store, or ordering over the phone.

Source:
    https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/gift-cards (small print at foot of page)

€25 Store Gift Card it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

€247 in Compu B today

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

€25 Store Gift Card it is.

Isn’t that still more expensive that littlewoods and Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

Isn’t that still more expensive that littlewoods and Amazon.

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

ruddy1987 wrote: »

that's a great price but it looks like its expired

Advertisement