Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Component Clearout / Tyres/Tubes + Winter Shoes

• 19-11-2020 10:56pm
    Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭

Kind of going through some random bits I have lieing around.

PLanet X XLS Carbon Fork (white/green)- Tapered - 240ish mm of steerer, though needs to be filed down. Post Mount Disc. Clearance for bout 37 mm. - €30. Bought for genesis thinking it had a straight steering tube.

Magicshine MJ900 Light (one in link below). Absurdly bright little light. It uses a rechargable battery pacl that sits on the stem or top tube. (Included with charger and box). not used much since getting a dynamo. Battery life was okay from memory on the lowest and flashing setting- €30

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=130622

Tatty 105 5800 Crankset. Comes with 53/39 and 50/34 Chainrings. It has no chainring bolts though, no retaining bolt either for the LHS crank . The crank arms have been sanded in some parts so bare silver is showing. €20

3 x Oko Self Sealting Tubes 28-37. These use Dutch/Dunlop valves which I can't quite figure out how to keep inflated. They are as wide as schrader valves so won't suit all rims. €10 for the 3

GP4000 - 23mm. Never used. €50

CSN Tyres - 23mm - Never Used - €15. Had them as spares.

Schwalbe Land Cruisers - 35 mm - 1000-1500 km on them. Load of life though. Quite sluggish however. €15

Schwalbe Marathons - 28 mm - Used for 4000 km maybe, but possibly less. One of them is a bit more worn than the other. They have some nicks and one very noticeable cut that a massive shard of glass went into. I think that was the only puncture. €20 for the pair

FWE Silver/Alu Bottle Cage - €5

Shoes/Boots
    Shimano mw 02 SPD boots/winter shoes - 8/42

These are quite a few years old, but have not had much use and still have the box. They are just marginally too tight on my somewhat wonky feet.

€75

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/shimano-mw02-review/

Everything is in Glasnevin at present but work in City Centre the odd day. I'll try and get a link to pictures up and am fairly sure I've other stuff to ad

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

I might be interested in chainset.. Its a compact is it? How tatty is tatty!? Any pics? Thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It has compact and standard rings, as both work on thte 4 arm 110 bcd chainset.

It has a Watteam powerbeat G3 Dual sided power meter on it. This is why it's tatty. Self installation required sanding down the outer paint on the arms for part of it to epoxy it on. I'd take them off and wipe it down with nail polish remover to get rid of residue. Company went bust just after I got it, and power meter was not great.

I'll try and get pics up later as it's currently still on the bike.

I have a pretty good condition Tiagra one that I was going to put on instead (why I need the chainring bolts) so that's another option. I;d sell one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭paul a newman

I'll take the csn tires and magic light for E40, if thats ok Weepsie, will be in Glasnevin on Monday around 1.30 if that suits, regards P

I'll accept that but I will very likely be in work on Monday for a few hours. I'll send you a pm anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Ill take the light at asking if you get it to me in Kerry?

• Advertisement

Ill take the light at asking if you get it to me in Kerry?

Accepted paul's offer, if it fall through I'll repost

105 and Tiagra Cranks: Only selling 1: Tiagra have scratches from storage. You'd need the bolts for whichever one. Tiagra, being in the better condition, albeit still minus chainring bolts and the left hand crank fixing bolt, is 40

https://photos.app.goo.gl/33nb8uKHaodBpuit9

Fork

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RZpY43Wo2y3yJs3GA

Shoes

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DLozEBtJc8pAbgNw5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

I'll take the 105 cranks, just to confirm they're 172.5s...

Also might take the fork.. What's that you say about a straight steerer? They look meaty, it would be for a cx bike.. Suitable?

If so 50 for both?

Thanks

I bought them for a bike without checking the steerer tube on mine. Mine is just straight., This one is tapered at the bottom.

It's from a planet X Cx bike.

Yeah I'd do 50 for both, probably be tomorrow or Tuesday morning before I can get them sorted but I'll send a pm

Crankset gone to sean25 and he's bringing the fork back to me as the tapering makes it not work on his frame so that's still available

• Advertisement
Advertisement