Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously ?

Options
  • 20-10-2020 1:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Yet again I get a ban for what clearly broke no rules, no personal abuse etc.

Seems like every post I make is hounded by mods.

The latest...here is a screenshot of my post that was deemed worthy of a ban

Screenshot-2020-10-20-boards-ie-You-have-been-banned.png

I asked said mod what rule I broke, which I could see none, personally insulted no one. but mod just being dogmatic.
    Seems its always the same mods who have some sort of personal vendetta.

Screenshot-2020-10-20-boards-ie-Re-You-have-been-banned.png

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's clear from the PM from the mod that you were banned for posting in a thread you were threadbanned from not the post contents

The PMs you have quoted have made no attempt to resolve this. All they indicate is your attempt to suggest some kind of vendetta. You have not addressed the threadban point at all. Please make a genuine attempt to resolve this directly with the mod rather than just paying lip-service to the process

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

what threadban ?

I was told my ban was up, why notify me of threads I cannot post in.

That is the mist ridiculous type of logic ever.....here is a forum you are no longer banned from, oops you are banned for posting in the forum you just got unbanned from

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I will alert the CMods to this, but also just to clarify:

A forum ban is a ban from posting in a forum, and by issuing a forum ban a poster is unable to view or post in a forum

A threadban is a ban from posting in a particular thread. That may be for a set period or with no time limit

A threadban cannot be automatically applied to prevent posting. It requires a poster to show self-discipline and not post in the thread

The ending of a forum ban does not result in any threadbans being lifted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hello, Justin, I'll be going through this with you.
    Could you please forward the PM conversation with the mod issuing the ban or post them here and I'll start looking at it tonight?

Hello, Justin, I'll be going through this with you.
    Could you please forward the PM conversation with the mod issuing the ban or post them here and I'll start looking at it tonight?

I did, above.That was my only interaction,

The second screencap shows what I sent the mod, and what he replied with.
    That was my only reply before the mod clearly shut me down as evidenced in said screenshot above.

I post in multiple forums across the board, were I threadbanned, or aware of it, I would hardly be posting in said thread and then here complaining about it if I knew i was threadbanned.

• Advertisement

I did, above.That was my only interaction,

The second screencap shows what I sent the mod, and what he replied with.
    That was my only reply before the mod clearly shut me down as evidenced in said screenshot above.

I post in multiple forums across the board, were I threadbanned, or aware of it, I would hardly be posting in said thread and then here complaining about it if I knew i was threadbanned.

Tbh, Justin, I don't see any discussion of the ban with the mod here.

So, let me try to understand what happened here.

You had a thread ban issued for a particular thread. At the same time, you also had a forum ban issued for the forum that thread was was hosted in.

Have I understood that correctly?

seems so, but I was unaware of a thread ban, and when I got a notification my ban was up I thought I was free to post.
    Was not aware I was still threadbanned in fact I was not even aware I was threadbanned in the first place, had I known I was thread banned I would have "unfollowed" the thread .

Knowing here and knowing myself, it was most likely for me retaliating to be personally insulted by others hence why I do not retaliate any more and have decided any abuse in future will be reported as anytime i respond I come out the worse.

seems so, but I was unaware of a thread ban, and when I got a notification my ban was up I thought I was free to post.
    Was not aware I was still threadbanned in fact I was not even aware I was threadbanned in the first place, had I known I was thread banned I would have "unfollowed" the thread .

Knowing here and knowing myself, it was most likely for me retaliating to be personally insulted by others hence why I do not retaliate any more and have decided any abuse in future will be reported as anytime i respond I come out the worse.

I'm having trouble with the highlighted section above, Justin.

The records I have access to showed you received a card on 30/08/2020 and were notified you were thread banned in the PM you received from the mod on that day.
    Mod: For this and a number of other posts you have made in this thread you are now threadbanned

Subsequent actions against you, to me anyway, appear to stem from the fact you ignored that card and PM and continued to post in that thread.

On 07/09/2020 you received a 1 week ban for ignoring the first ban.

On 14/09/2020, just one week from the above ban, you received a 2 week ban for ignoring the first ban.

On 28/09/2020, 2 weeks on from the above ban, you received a 3 week ban for ignoring the first ban.

On 20/10/2020, 3 weeks on from the above ban, you received the ban you're currently appealing.

On the screenshots you posted above, it says quite clearly in the first PM,
    Breaking you're thread ban yet again

On the second screenshot, again it says quite clearly in the PM
    No vendetta's, you're thread banned from that thread, its that simple

It seems to me there is ample evidence of you being repeatedly informed that you have a thread ban in place on that thread. A thread ban is a pretty obvious statement that you are banned from posting on that thread, I think.

It appears you chose to ignore numerous PMs informing you that your privilege to post in that thread was removed.

I cannot find any merit in your claim that this card was not justified.

You may, if you wish, seek an Admin review of the above.

you can do me a favor and let me know what other threads I am banned from.

when you get a notification your ban is up you automatically think you can post again.
    I would like to know what threads, so i wont have the mods who follow me around waiting to jump all over me again.
    Plus I can unfollow said threads.

you can do me a favor and let me know what other threads I am banned from.

when you get a notification your ban is up you automatically think you can post again.
    You were notified that your forum ban was over.

Your forum ban was given each time because you ignored the thread ban you were given.
    I would like to know what threads, so i wont have the mods who follow me around waiting to jump all over me again.
    Plus I can unfollow said threads.

As explained above,
    Beasty
    A threadban cannot be automatically applied to prevent posting. It requires a poster to show self-discipline and not post in the thread
    That's something you will have to check yourself. Thread bans may be notified by PM along with the issuing of a card, as in this case, or may be posted on the thread by one of the mods without notifying a poster, especially in fast moving threads.

So back to the question I asked in my previous post, do you require an Admin check on my upholding of the card issued?

• Advertisement

dont bother, as I am not bothered anymore.

Thanks anyway Buford

dont bother, as I am not bothered anymore.

Thanks anyway Buford

No problem, Justin.

Can we mark this as resolved, please?

no problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement