Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options
  • 17-10-2020 1:45pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to Supernatural Werewolf, a spectacularly spooky ROLE MADNESS edition.

96038e9079066021e1af40a1c40a84d2.gif

The tables have been turned upside down here - The Evils are running amok and trying to bring about the End of the World. Multiple teams of Evil beings, both of higher and lower forms have crawled from their crypts/ascended from upon high. There are multiple mini-teams of these evil creatures:
    Archangels
    Ghosts
    Leviathans
    Angels
    Red Eyed Demons (Team MacLeod)
    Yellow-Eyed Demons (Team Azazel)
    Horsemen
    Shapeshifters
    Ghostfacers

All teams and characters have various powers and abilities tailored to their particular brand of Evil. With that there are important things you should know...

• Ghosts have no real bodies, and cannot be killed by Angels or Demons as a result. 
    • Archangels are incredibly powerful and hard to kill. Only the Leviathans or the Hunters have the power to kill them in one blow.
    • Horsemen are higher forms of Demons.
    • Demons should be careful about attacking Angels, however Leviathans can destroy them in one fell swoop.
    • All Angels have one use of Angel Radio - a method of off-thread communication with a message that will be transmitted to all alive Angels.
    • Shapeshifters are tricksy creatures, they can appear as whoever they wish and indeed replicate other powers as well!
    • Ghostfacers will become Hunters if munched by the Hunter team.
    • One Angel can grant wishes - simply post in bold on thread - but be careful what you wish for - they may not be exactly as you had envisaged...

All beings fear the lynch - No powers, protections or abilities will protect one from being lynched.

Opposing these however are The Hunters. Trained since birth to take down and obliterate the darkness that envelops the world, that attempts to destroy it. They also have an Angel amongst their ranks, who can cut those who oppose them apart with a deadly Angel Blade each odd night.

This team also have a massive arsenal of high powered weapons, tricks and other items designed to detect and destroy all evil for eternity. But they are limited in numbers - and time is running out. 
    The Hunters will have a kill each night.

The Shapeshifters have a kill each lynch.

There will be a second munch each night which is competed for by all of the evil teams with the exception of the Shapeshifters - details of the contest have been provided where required.

Players are asked to be careful when claiming roles - there are anti-claim mechanics in play that may result in instant death!!

banshee-2.jpg

Note: Anti-Role Claim does not mean NO role claims, it means be careful in claiming your own role!

Game Rules:

1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. If you have any questions, please PM Necro, Clarabel, Neowise or LadySkunk and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. No posting of any PMs from the game mod or referring to the content of them. No screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are permitted.

3. Game schedule and voting rules: The game begins as soon as the mods say go, with lynch thread opened immediately. Note that voting is live and will be conducted in the separate Supernatural WW lynching thread. Lynches take place at 9pm, Munches take place at 10am. To vote, please state clearly on the designated thread with the format 'Vote XXXX' - where XXXX is your chosen party to vote for in that lynch. You may vote as many times as you like but only your last vote will count. Two missed votes will result in a modkill or substitution where possible. Not meeting the posting requirements in two seperate cycles will result in a modkill or substitution where possible. Mods may use discretion on a case by case basis.

There will always be the option for players to vote for 'No Lynch'.

Game mods also wish to inform players that there is a 5 post minimum requirement per cycle, which will begin from Monday morning at 10am.

4. Lynch rules: The votes will not be published in this game, the data is available in the lynch thread for players to analyse and interpret freely.

In the event of a tie: In most circumstances, the player lynched will be determined by way of last vote cast.

5. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until kills are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are dead, please don't post in the game thread again. Dead players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER DEATH. You will be granted access to the deadroom where you can discuss the game. This game has alignment autopriest, but will not give the full role of any character killed. Alignments are either Hunter, Shapeshifter or Evil.

6. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Baggly/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

Win Conditions:

Hunters Win: Gain parity with the evil team numbers and kill the Shapeshifters- Starting Hunter Parity = 6
    Shapeshifter Win - Gain parity with both Hunters and Evils
    Evils Win: Kill off all Hunters and Shapeshifters

List of Anon Accounts:

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Emily WW
    Eva WW
    Frank WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Jake WW
    Katie WW
    Mary WW
    Nigel WW
    Oisin WW
    Patrick WW
    Phil WW
    Senan WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

Lynch Thread
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No Posting - PMs will be sent out later today

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

PMs have been distributed. First action at 10am Monday...

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=7279039

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

Game notice:
    This thread is open. you are allowed to post now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Neowise wrote: »
    Game notice:
    This thread is open. you are allowed to post now.

Whaaaah. Early. 1st!!!

(Please don't let this mean a mod kill...)

Actually, I should get a prize.

But I'm talking to myself here. Where is everybody? On a Saturday night. When they have other things to do. It is Saturday right? Stupid lockdown. :/

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I am also a sad person here on a Saturday night. welcome :p

Thanks Phil. :)

Quick question. Are you a wolf?

Also, do you get all of the game rules? I've been reading them, but I don't get them all. Do the Hunters have a room? I think not, as it it states states that the Angels can chat. So, that's maybe an answer already. But I'm deeply suspicious of this game.

Not asking for specific answers, but just giving examples of confusion. But do you understand more than me!?!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Evening!

Holly I’ve read the OP a number of times and still don’t have a clue so you’re not alone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

anyone fancy a munch

th?id=OIP.sXjIa5faxIhvHzd5-KApQQHaEL&pid=Api&P=0&w=337&h=190

Senan WW wrote: »
    anyone fancy a munch

th?id=OIP.sXjIa5faxIhvHzd5-KApQQHaEL&pid=Api&P=0&w=337&h=190

What?

Ok. I must go to bed.

Explain more though!!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Wakey wakey everybody!

Morning Oisin.

Very quiet thread, people must be enjoying their weekend

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Morning Wendy. I can’t differentiate between weekends and midweek anymore :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Morning all, how's it going?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Thanks Phil. :)

Quick question. Are you a wolf?

Also, do you get all of the game rules? I've been reading them, but I don't get them all. Do the Hunters have a room? I think not, as it it states states that the Angels can chat. So, that's maybe an answer already. But I'm deeply suspicious of this game.

Not asking for specific answers, but just giving examples of confusion. But do you understand more than me!?!

Not a wolf Holly. I am also in camp cluless

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Morning Wendy. I can’t differentiate between weekends and midweek anymore :D

I differentiate by not having to listen to my boss :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Good afternoon all. I've read over the OP a few times and none the wiser. Definitely one of the more complicated ones. Just checking in as I've stuff to do today, but I shall be back later. Try not to have too much fun without me!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Yeah been reading it to, nicely confusing

Phil WW wrote: »
    Not a wolf Holly. I am also in camp cluless

Ok. I believe you - for now...

Also just checking in. Some work to do - on a Sunday for flip's sake, but thems the breaks.

I do have some suspicions already, but I also have no idea what's going on, so...

Ok. I'll say it. Senan.

This game has my mind melted already.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Afternoon folks

So, based on the op it looks like the good guys are the bad guys and the bad guys are the good guys, except not quite....

My head hurts already

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »
    Afternoon folks

So, based on the op it looks like the good guys are the bad guys and the bad guys are the good guys, except not quite....

My head hurts already

Wait. Why do you say that?

I saw the "tables have been turned" part at the beginning, and it had me thinking because I'm figuring it has a meaning, but was that the reason you say this? Or is there something else?

I'm really overthinking already.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I saw the "tables have been turned" part at the beginning, and it had me thinking because I'm figuring it has a meaning, but was that the reason you say this? Or is there something else?

Hi guys,

Nothing to overthink really in terms of what Angus said.

Supernaturals heroes, the Hunters, are the baddies in this game.

Im confused on the win conditions and how the mini teams will work come end game.

I wish I could get it.

Frank WW wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Nothing to overthink really in terms of what Angus said.

Supernaturals heroes, the Hunters, are the baddies in this game.

Im confused on the win conditions and how the mini teams will work come end game.

Ok. Actually, maybe my wish came true, as the Hunters have a kill every night. That indicates bad.

But, is that the reason?

Wasn't overthinking Angus's point, but just the whole OP.

Ok, I'm gonna take a break now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Ok. Actually, maybe my wish came true, as the Hunters have a kill every night. That indicates bad.

But, is that the reason?

Wasn't overthinking Angus's point, but just the whole OP.

Ok, I'm gonna take a break now.

Win conditions suggest Hunters and Shapeshifters need to gain parity. That indicates they are evil.

Whats your alignment Holly ?

The win con
    Win Conditions:

Hunters Win: Gain parity with the evil team numbers and kill the Shapeshifters- Starting Hunter Parity = 6
    Shapeshifter Win - Gain parity with both Hunters and Evils
    Evils Win: Kill off all Hunters.

For a start village doesn’t start with smaller numbers. They also aren’t looking for parity

Game Mod:

Folks there was an error with the win cons which has now been updated.

For the record, the Evils need to kill all the Hunters AND the Shapeshifters to win.

Necro wrote: »
    Game Mod:

Folks there was an error with the win cons which has now been updated.

For the record, the Evils need to kill all the Hunters AND the Shapeshifters to win.

That makes more sense. Two bad teams so, hunters and shapeshifters. Going to have our work cut out I think

Frank WW wrote: »
    Win conditions suggest Hunters and Shapeshifters need to gain parity. That indicates they are evil.

Whats your alignment Holly ?

Don't worry, I'm Team Village.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Hi guys, just checking in

So looking like Hunters are wolves, shapeshifter is the SK and everyone else is village

Nice and confusing. Can I suggest a ban on the word “evil”

Advertisement