Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying second house /apartment

Options
  • 07-10-2020 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi we are thinking to buy apartment but we don't have enough money for deposit. Anyone tried to take loan for like 20000 to cover deposit? Is it possible. When bank is checking your credit history?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

stingz wrote: »
    Hi we are thinking to buy apartment but we don't have enough money for deposit. Anyone tried to take loan for like 20000 to cover deposit? Is it possible. When bank is checking your credit history?

They check before giving you approval, I thought I'd closed my bank of Ireland account, but I hadn't and it was 75 quid overdrawn which I didn't realise and they asked for 6 months statements, so any debt you have will come up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

stingz wrote: »

The bank will want to know where you got the deposit. They will want to see the money moving through your accounts. €20,000 does not appear in somebody's account by chance. Furthermore you will have to demonstrate some kind of a savings record to show that you can afford the repayments and have the financial discipline to keep up the repayments.

Advertisement