Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 bar water pressure

Options
  • 03-07-2020 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder how some Irish plumbers would get on trying to do their trade in a place where the household mains pressure is 7 bar?

MOD NOTE:

I've moved this from the WTF thread to here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

cnocbui wrote: »
    I wonder how some Irish plumbers would get on trying to do their trade in a place where the household mains pressure is 7 bar?

The same as if it was 3 bar. Pressure reducing valve would be a good way to start

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

bloody hell - I think I would just be happy with 1 bar water pressure in my house! - don't even think it gets up to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

bloody hell - I think I would just be happy with 1 bar water pressure in my house! - don't even think it gets up to that!

That's the pressure that comes out of every tap and fitting, no pressure reducers. Even HW cylinders are built to take that. With a jet nozzle on a garden hose, I could get a jet of water practically over the house.

Fit a Stuart Turner Monsoon 3 bar pump, you'll never look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That's the pressure that comes out of every tap and fitting, no pressure reducers. Even HW cylinders are built to take that. With a jet nozzle on a garden hose, I could get a jet of water practically over the house.

Fit a Stuart Turner Monsoon 3 bar pump, you'll never look back.

Where is this 7 bar pressure you speak of?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Where is this 7 bar pressure you speak of?
    Perth Australia. It seems to only be 500kpa now - 5 bar - but they apparently have been reducing it to save water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

7 & even 10 bar is possible in parts of the UK. This is why combi boilers off the mains is a big thing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Was 8 bar in NewtownMountkennedy up to a couple of years ago..

Heard a story of plumbers a few years ago, fitted new Fire hose piping around an industrial premises, tested ok, covered in gravel, soil and landscaped nicely,
    turned on the mains, and the whole lot popped up out of the ground.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

As always 'IRISH PLUMBERS' would work with whatever they need to, they are qualified tradesmen.
    Strange question!

DGOBS wrote: »
    As always 'IRISH PLUMBERS' would work with whatever they need to, they are qualified tradesmen.
    Strange question!

That's good to know. I'm wondering who did my house, then, as a good 15% of joints couldn't hold 0.5 bar without leaking.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Well tell you what, why don't you come onto a forum where plumbers and qualified people give up their time for free to help people, and abuse their trade.
    Was a loaded question, where you haven't come here looking for advise, only to try abuse someone. (and you've got form)

Maybe it wasn't an 'Irish Plumber' very diverse country.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

I'd flood his house given half a chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

That's good to know. I'm wondering who did my house, then, as a good 15% of joints couldn't hold 0.5 bar without leaking.

I'd say you got someone who claimed to be a plumber.

I got a new test pot years ago. I was trying to get to 3 bar, didn't realise it was X10. Must admit I had a weep at 25 bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Steveop

Same lad probably got a quote off a plumber said it was too dear and went with a handy man to save money ��

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tDw6u1bj

7-8 bar here

It does in fact go over the house.

Advertisement