Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-06-2020, 07:32   #1
Omackeral

The Ultimate Football Club Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World.

Hello again! Our next Ultimate Tournament is set to open soon. To celebrate football leagues starting back around the world I’ve decided to mark that with The Ultimate Football Club Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World.

Each opening round will feature a European team vs a non European team. From there on after, it’ll be an open draw to see which club crest you think is aesthetically the best. Forget about any actual footballing ability or tribalism. You don’t even have to like sports to take part in this to be honest!

So with that said, I’m gonna need your nominations. Listen up in case this gets tricky! You may select up to 7 European club teams and up to 7 non European club teams for your nominations. You may only choose one crest per country and the team must play in a pro or semi-pro division, in other words, your local 5 a side or Sunday pub team won’t count. Feel free to do a bit of research

All nominations must be submitted via PM to myself.
(5) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-06-2020, 09:49   #2
quickbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omackeral View Post
Hello again! Our next Ultimate Tournament is set to open soon. To celebrate football leagues starting back around the world I’ve decided to mark that with The Ultimate Football Club Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World.

Each opening round will feature a European team vs a non European team. From there on after, it’ll be an open draw to see which club crest you think is aesthetically the best. Forget about any actual footballing ability or tribalism. You don’t even have to like sports to take part in this to be honest!

So with that said, I’m gonna need your nominations. Listen up in case this gets tricky! You may select up to 7 European club teams and up to 7 non European club teams for your nominations. You may only choose one crest per country and the team must play in a pro or semi-pro division, in other words, your local 5 a side or Sunday pub team won’t count. Feel free to do a bit of research
This is me! So, I don't know enough to nominate any but look forward to the knockout stages where I can judge by the pretty colours and shapes presented. Whatever will be the next Marshall Isalnds or Nunavut of the soccer world?
(3) thanks from:
21-06-2020, 10:16   #3
Baggly
The White Elephants

Did some research for the ROW crests. All ill say is that if a graphic designer can get to Argentina there is money to be made there. All their crests are boooooring
21-06-2020, 10:21   #4
Omackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickbeam View Post
This is me! So, I don't know enough to nominate any but look forward to the knockout stages where I can judge by the pretty colours and shapes presented. Whatever will be the next Marshall Isalnds or Nunavut of the soccer world?
Maybe have a look here for a starting point. Don’t be shy!

Best... and worst football crests
21-06-2020, 10:30   #5
Omackeral

Some MLS clubs from the USA to consider for Rest of World

A variety of Spanish ones

Past Champions of Europe

Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-06-2020, 10:37   #6
PsychoPete

Does it have to be their current crest or can it be any crest the team used ?
21-06-2020, 10:41   #7
Omackeral

Current crests please
21-06-2020, 10:48   #8
Omackeral

Some Russian ones to consider

A variety of European teams

A handful from China

21-06-2020, 14:44   #9
Sawduck

Gonna enter my random jersey i bought last year, great idea for a tournament by the way
Advertisement
21-06-2020, 15:28   #10
Zaph
A kick in the gulags

Quote:
Some MLS clubs from the USA to consider for Rest of World

That Columbus Crew crest is shockingly bad. It's nearly as bad as the crest that Leeds tried to introduce for the club's centenary season last year. There was such an uproar from the fans that it was scrapped.

22-06-2020, 08:14   #11
Omackeral

The nominations are flying in. We’ve nearly 100 different clubs already. Some cheeky people are nominating more than 1 club from the same country. If you’ve done this, there’s a chance some of your choices could be cut! Still though, great response. Every corner of the world is represented! Keep the noms coming in.
22-06-2020, 09:38   #12
davetherave

Quote:
Still though, great response. Every corner of the world is represented!

Good to see Eastern Ice Shelf Artic Rovers getting a mention, they've had a tough run lately
(3) thanks from:
22-06-2020, 14:18   #13
Omackeral

Only 10 spots remaining on the Europe side of the draw.
22-06-2020, 17:28   #14
Omackeral

Nominations closed! We have 128 clubs ready to do battle!
22-06-2020, 17:29   #15
Zaph
A kick in the gulags

Ah crap, I was going to do mine this evening, I found a couple of great ones earlier. Oh well...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion