Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow card for “uncivil”

Options
  • 14-06-2020 8:53pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was carded for being uncivil. I don’t believe I was. I was defending myself after being called a liar.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Pm

Dear Brian?,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Baggly

Moderator Note

I would suggest you dont engage with this poster like this again. You are attacking him here, instead of his posts. Please improve your posting going forward.

Your post:Quote: Brian?
    Quote: the dunne

This is the last I will say on our matter as it has been rightfully pointed out that this exchange should have been done by PM but I feel that this post deserves a public response.

I have nothing to apologise for. I did not call you a liar. I said you were dishonest and your posting history on this thread shows your blatant tacit support for antifa.

I stand by that.

I abhor antifa and their supporters. My contributions to this thread back up this. At least I have the courage to declare my position in the matter.

Calling someone dishonest and then saying you didn't call them a liar is cowardice. It takes no courage. You can't be dishonest without being a liar. You should be apologising or supporting the accusation. Instead you're running away.

If you think I support Antifa. You're wrong. I don't.

they/them/theirs

I PM’d asking for the card to be rescinded as I didn’t believe it was fair.

Response:
    There is no way that

'Calling someone dishonest and then saying you didn't call them a liar is cowardice. It takes no courage. You can't be dishonest without being a liar. You should be apologising or supporting the accusation. Instead you're running away.'

is attacking his posts.

If someone is saying something like saying they dont believe you or thats not true - debate the point with them. If they refuse to engage, ignore them and/or report it for the mods. Its not acceptable to call them out like this.

I wont be rescinding the card but you are free to go to DRP if you so wish.

they/them/theirs

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Evening Brian?,

As you already tried to work things out with the mod in question, I'll let the CMods know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hello, Brian? I'll be looking at this for you. I see you have already discussed the sanction with the mod, could you please forward them to me, please?

I'll have a look at this later today and hopefully get back to you early tomorrow.

Hello, Brian? I'll be looking at this for you. I see you have already discussed the sanction with the mod, could you please forward them to me, please?

I'll have a look at this later today and hopefully get back to you early tomorrow.

Hey Buford, all the PMs are in this thread. It wasn’t much of a discussion. I was just told “no, bring it to DRP”

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    Hey Buford, all the PMs are in this thread. It wasn’t much of a discussion. I was just told “no, bring it to DRP”

Great, I'll have a look at the thread and the discussion around the post in question and get back to you later.

Apologies for the delay, Brian?, I was unavoidably delayed yesterday evening but I hope to have this sorted today.

TIA.

Again, apologies for the delay, Brian?, but I wanted to go back over the conversation leading up to the card for context.

I'm afraid I'll have to deny your appeal for this card. The card was issued for uncivil posting, in this case attacking the post rather than the poster. You quoted a post in your reply but the majority of the reply was an attack on the poster rather than the post, in my opinion.

While I can sympathise with the situation you found yourself in, reporting the post would always be a better option than an attack on the poster. Other posters do have a right to be wrong, as it were.

You may, of course, appeal this decision to Admin if you wish.

Again, apologies for the delay, Brian?, but I wanted to go back over the conversation leading up to the card for context.

I'm afraid I'll have to deny your appeal for this card. The card was issued for uncivil posting, in this case attacking the post rather than the poster. You quoted a post in your reply but the majority of the reply was an attack on the poster rather than the post, in my opinion.

While I can sympathise with the situation you found yourself in, reporting the post would always be a better option than an attack on the poster. Other posters do have a right to be wrong, as it were.

You may, of course, appeal this decision to Admin if you wish.

Hi. Thanks for taking a look. I really don’t believe I was being uncivil in the post I was carded for.

The Dunne said something about having the courage to post his opinions and I disagreed it took courage, which was why I used the word “cowardice”.

Your explanation is far clearer though, so I thank you for that. But if you could give me a clearer guidance on what exactly was uncivil it would really help me in future as well. Is that ok to ask for?

If not we can close this thread and move on, as I don’t see the point in bothering the admins over a yellow card.

they/them/theirs

I can take this up with you by PM later tonight, if that suits you?

• Advertisement

I can take this up with you by PM later tonight, if that suits you?

Done. Shut it down boys!

they/them/theirs

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks guys

Marking this resolved

Advertisement