Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide... TV's Greatest Drama Character

Options
  • 22-05-2020 4:36pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

640x640_7014384.jpg?1567267322

Starts tomorrow at 11am :D

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just over an hour to go before kick off.

What we have:

120 characters ready to battle it out for the title of greatest character (drama edition)

The first round will be first to Five votes, with valid reasoning (any reason at all), or most votes after the time period of 45 minutes. Any ties will as always be settled by myself.

And don't worry if your character misses out, they will get a second chance to qualify in one of four Second Chance Showdowns :D

See you all at 11am!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Round 1

Here we go folks, let's kick things off with a doozy ala Game of Thrones shall we?

Match 1

Rupert Giles - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

340?cb=20171023222833

VS

David Haller - Legion

latest?cb=20180525150235

First to Five Votes Progresses, or most votes after 45 mins

Rupert Giles - good character and I'm unfamiliar with the other show.

Rupert. He’s a sexy posh bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Rupert Giles - easily one of the best characters on Buffy and had some of the most bad-ass moments of the series

• Advertisement

'Ripper' has a healthy 3-0 lead with plenty of time left on the clock

And as the clock expires, Rupert Giles takes down David Haller with a 3-0 victory.

Match 2

Slow moving this morning, we shall see if this one can grab the imagination a bit more..

Frank Underwood - House Of Cards

220px-Frank_Underwood_-_House_of_Cards.jpg

VS

Dean Winchester (Supernatural)

Dean-Winchester-5.jpg

Dean Winchester because Carry On My Wayward Son and he can do both drama and comedy extremely well.

Not to mention Kevin Spacey is an absolute creep.

Frank Underwood

great character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I love them both but I'll go with Frank Underwood. Like the poster above said, Spacey is a creep, so is FU and that's why he worked so well.
    *knocks desk twice*

Just over ten mins to run and Frank Underwood leads 2-1

Frank Underwood- whatever you think about Spacey, FU was a great character and he played him brilliantly.

And Frank Underwood has enough support to progress ahead of smouldering Dean. I was saying Boo-urns!!!

Match 3

Fiona Gallagher (Shameless US)

latest?cb=20131123113726

VS

Kareem Said - Oz

65c9c57c0785e0d1561255c756c560bd.jpg

Damn, I love both these characters.

Kareem Said was a great character in a fantastic ensemble, where I feel Shameless US would not have been a success were it not for Emmy Rossum as Fiona Gallagher, she carried the show.

My vote here is for Fiona Gallagher

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Kareem, great character, in great show.

Can't beleive David Haller is gone already though :(

Fiona carried that show untill she left,

Or what le var said, also no idea where that thumb came out of

Fear not QB, David (and Dean) will have an opportunity to get back into the contest yet :D

• Advertisement

Besidess, isn't Shameless a comedy series? Doesn't belong here?

Wiiki says comedy-drama, sure. But comedy comes first. It also says dark comedy. But dark comedy is still comedy.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Besidess, isn't Shameless a comedy series? Doesn't belong here?

Wiiki says comedy-drama, sure. But comedy comes first. It also says dark comedy. But dark comedy is still comedy.

Ah here, its a Drama. Have you watched it or are you just being nitpicky?

Kareem Said - US Shameless was piss-poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Kareem Said - Oz Loved that show and he was the heart of it

Never watched it. Not being nitpicky.

Kareem Said jumps into a 3-2 lead with the clock set to expire at 13.16

quickbeam wrote: »
    Never watched it. Not being nitpicky.

Ok, well having watched it, I can confirm that it is a drama. Its more of a drama than Legion is.

Most Dramas these days have elements of Comedy to them so are often referred to as Comedy-Dramas or Dramedys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Yeah I have to agree that shameless is a drama with elements of comedy, in particular Frank who's hilarious

You cant kill off the girl from phantom of the opera this early :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

And Kareem Said advances with a 3-2 victory as the clock runs down. Selamun aleykum Fiona.

Advertisement