Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft 365 Family - 49.99 GBP

• 02-05-2020 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Get access to Office for up to 6 accounts.
    Each user gets 1TB storage on OneDrive

Ripped directly from HUKD.

Posting here because, although Amazon says it only works on UK accounts, the product code I got works fine with my Irish Microsoft account

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DRP537A/ref=dsvrt_myd_asin_block

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Good price if you need it now, however I believe codes can be stacked so it's worth keeping an eye out for cheaper. I picked this up last September in Argos for €49.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Good price if you need it now, however I believe codes can be stacked so it's worth keeping an eye out for cheaper. I picked this up last September in Argos for €49.99.

It's 49.99 on Amazon at the moment. It's a good price and I stack them on my Irish account no problem. Buy and extra code every pirme day and even have a spare code yet to be applied as I still have a year on my currwnt sub. Great price at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Sup08 wrote: »
    It's 49.99 on Amazon at the moment. It's a good price and I stack them on my Irish account no problem. Buy and extra code every pirme day and even have a spare code yet to be applied as I still have a year on my currwnt sub. Great price at this.

It was euro I got it for, not sterling (not that there's much difference at the moment anyway :D)

I also got Mcafee Total Protection with it, which may be useful for some. Personally, I threw it in the bin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I also got Mcafee Total Protection with it, which may be useful for some. Personally, I threw it in the bin!

Sounds like a great price for it. I didn't see it on bargain alerts.

Also why did you ruin a good bin by throwing mcafee into it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Sup08 wrote: »

Hi

Can you buy this.and use in say a years time when your current Family O365 is up for renewal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

What's the advantage of 365 of I already have an normal copy of Office lets say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

bifl wrote: »
    What's the advantage of 365 of I already have an normal copy of Office lets say?

Main benefit is 1TB of onedrive space for each user and the ability to share the sub with several people.

You can also add and remove users and computers through the site which makes it easier to swap machines etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭MickH503

Anybody see any offers for Microsoft 365 Personal? Mine is due to be renewed next month and can't find anything less than the normal €69!

Edit ... I just found a deal for €48.30 from the link in this article on TechRadar. I had to try to a few times to get it to work!

I have an auto-renewing sub for office 365, is there a way to buy it at the cheaper price and use it at renewal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

I have an auto-renewing sub for office 365, is there a way to buy it at the cheaper price and use it at renewal?

Just cancel the auto renewal at anytime and add the new key. Make sure you apply the key first to get the extra free month if it applies.

• Advertisement

Same position here but think I'll do the same as yourself. Hopefully next year there'll be something similar

When I purchased, it just added a year to my June renewal date. I didn't cancel the auto-renewal.

MickH503 wrote: »
    When I purchased, it just added a year to my June renewal date. I didn't cancel the auto-renewal.

Not available due to geographical restrictions on Amazon

Not available due to geographical restrictions on Amazon

It worked for me last night and still works now if i try it. I just click on the "View Deal" button on the top €7 deal. It comes up in my Microsoft account with €48.30 in my basket.

MickH503 wrote: »
    It worked for me last night and still works now if i try it. I just click on the "View Deal" button on the top €7 deal. It comes up in my Microsoft account with €48.30 in my basket.

Sorry, which link are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,999 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Always wondered how they managed to sell this with a 12 month subscription.

I mean, would you buy a toaster that only worked for 12 months?

It's great marketing, normally if you buy a bit of software, why would you not expect to be able to use it in 5 years time? You paid for it after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Hi

Can you buy this.and use in say a years time when your current Family O365 is up for renewal?

You can buy now, enter the key now and it will extend your subscription by a year. I bought two last year. Each key added another year to my sub. Very easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Same for me even with a UK delivery address:

This item is not available for purchase due to geographical restrictions.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Always wondered how they managed to sell this with a 12 month subscription.

I mean, would you buy a toaster that only worked for 12 months?

It's great marketing, normally if you buy a bit of software, why would you not expect to be able to use it in 5 years time? You paid for it after all.

Personally I’m paying mostly for the 1Tb onedrive storage for backing up photos automatically from my phone. It’s just a bonus I have a full office suite for my macs, iPad and iPhone and as I use them for work I get plenty of use, I could even expense the cost but don’t bother as it’s only a small amount really. If I wasn’t getting the 365 sub for OneDrive I’d just use a cracked copy of office but then you need different licences for different devices which ends up being a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Hmm... We have had Netflix and Spotify families. I'm curious about 365 families. Not sure it could work, just a thought. Obviously would need completely separate accounts for storage etc...

cronos wrote: »
    Hmm... We have had Netflix and Spotify families. I'm curious about 365 families. Not sure it could work, just a thought. Obviously would need completely separate accounts for storage etc...

I have two family members using office on my account, I installed it and logged into my account on their machine and that’s it they don’t need the password etc it just works from then on. The storage I keep for myself but you could share it if you had a way of going it like each person has a folder but everyone could see everyone else’s files, photos etc which is likely not desirable.

I have two family members using office on my account, I installed it and logged into my account on their machine and that’s it they don’t need the password etc it just works from then on. The storage I keep for myself but you could share it if you had a way of going it like each person has a folder but everyone could see everyone else’s files, photos etc which is likely not desirable.

I stand to be corrected on this but when you share the sub it requires a unique email for each user to be added by the account owner and the guest user then activates via their own email.

Ditto OneDrive. Accessed by each guest user separately with separate storage. Only the activation is linked to the parent account.

Would be kinda pointless otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Right. Wouldn't work for a "Boards.ie" family then. Good to know. Would have to been a separate TB per account which sound's like it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

cronos wrote: »
    Right. Wouldn't work for a "Boards.ie" family then. Good to know. Would have to been a separate TB per account which sound's like it isn't.

I think that's using the multiple device installs of office in the home edition, I think it's up to 5 devices?
    _Kaiser_ looks closer to the mark for how I'd imagine the Family version operates, making it fit the usual boards "interpretation"?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I stand to be corrected on this but when you share the sub it requires a unique email for each user to be added by the account owner and the guest user then activates via their own email.

Ditto OneDrive. Accessed by each guest user separately with separate storage. Only the activation is linked to the parent account.

Would be kinda pointless otherwise

That would make sense, I just checked there and it’s 365 personal I have not family so I would have had to sign in with my details if giving it to someone else.

dos29 wrote: »
    I think that's using the multiple device installs of office in the home edition, I think it's up to 5 devices?
    _Kaiser_ looks closer to the mark for how I'd imagine the Family version operates, making it fit the usual boards "interpretation"?

Well I'm using the Family sub myself with a relative and 2 friends and it works fine.

In return I get Spotify premium from one of their family accounts :)

Advertisement