Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League Cities Peehs

Options
  • 08-04-2020 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Hello,

This is my first time running one of these, hopefully i don't balls it up:D

So the game is, an alphabet Peehs game, of cities which have been represented in the Champions League proper, so anything from 1992-93 season onwards.

This will include 1st round 2nd round etc for the earlier years, but not the Preliminary/Qualifying rounds of the competition.

It's the city the team is officially based in, not were they may have played there games as some clubs have had to play in different cities due to different regulations, war/conflict reasons...

So the aim is, pick a city that nobody else will pick, aim is to get the lowest score, if you answer incorrectly you will score x1.5 the score of the highest city

Try not to use google...more fun without it

So PM me in the following format

A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    M
    N
    O-no answer
    P
    Q-no answer
    R
    S
    T
    U
    V
    W
    X-no answer
    Y-no answer
    Z

Any and all feedback appreciated:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sent you a PM. Wow that was more difficult than expected without using google! Just about got one for every letter although one of them I'm not sure if it is a real city. Plenty of ones I could only think of the one city. Now off to wikipedia to see who I missed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Sent you a PM. Wow that was more difficult than expected without using google! Just about got one for every letter although one of them I'm not sure if it is a real city. Plenty of ones I could only think of the one city. Now off to wikipedia to see who I missed!!

Yeah myself and few buddies ran it in our watsapp...and it was proper difficult

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In! :)

That was really tough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

In too.

I've spent the last hour looking the map of Europe trying to find out cities.
    There is one that it is simply an educated guess as I couldn't find a team.

Very interesting subject you picked c.p.w.g.w!!

In but loads are a complete guess. But look at my PM, I found one you didn’t :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

In, guessed most of them, was tough alright, might have even picked a place that doesn't exist

In but loads are a complete guess. But look at my PM, I found one you didn’t :D

I should really learn to read the rules :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Entered as well, a lot tougher than expected

Fantastic idea for a game of PEEHS, right up my street.

I've followed the thread. I'll work on this over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

In, great idea and really tough on a few letters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Irish Aris wrote: »

I've spent the last hour looking the map of Europe trying to find out cities.

^^^Cheater alert. Disqualify please.:D

I'll have a think and enter this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    ^^^Cheater alert. Disqualify please.:D

I'll have a think and enter this one.

hahahaha!!!
    It wasn't much help to be honest. The trigger was that I was trying to avoid the obvious choices for letters M and V, alas it didn't work.
    I have 2-3 letters that I'm confident that a peehs choice, so hopefully I won't be in contest for the wooden spoon :D

About 10 entries so far guys...A couple of answers will require me to seek advice from more experienced game-masters. :D:D:D

Most experienced game-masters are already in the game...so i have consulted a buddy and the decision has been made and it will justified in the reveal

Just updated OP rules to provide a little more clarity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    About 10 entries so far guys...A couple of answers will require me to seek advice from more experienced game-masters. :D:D:D

Most experienced game-masters are already in the game...so i have consulted a buddy and the decision has been made and it will justified in the reveal

Just updated OP rules to provide a little more clarity

Can advise what the update was to the op as I can't see an obvious difference and I've already submitted an entry?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Will get to this over the weekend, but only if you do my weather sheep one.

lassykk wrote: »
    Can advise what the update was to the op as I can't see an obvious difference and I've already submitted an entry?

Thanks
    It's the city the team is officially based in, not were they may have played there games as some clubs have had to play in different cities due to different regulations, war/conflict reasons...

Bit in bold, its just to provide a little clarity...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

When is reveal day?

Guffy wrote: »
    When is reveal day?

I can do it next weekend or is that too far out? Or this Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭yozico

Submitted.
    Really good idea. Some tough ones in there, had to take a punt on a few. Looking forward to the reveal.

I'll give this a go - not great on sport but am pretty good on geography, and used play Championship Manager on the PC way back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i wanna do this but it will take some thinking time!

i wanna do this but it will take some thinking time!

Haven't decided a Reveal day yet, depending on weather i could be busy over this weekend. so reveal might be friday...If Friday is too late i can bring it forward...just let me know on the thread please guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

In. That was very tough and I am a football fan. I expect to have a few wrong answers.

Great topic, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Haven't decided a Reveal day yet, depending on weather i could be busy over this weekend. so reveal might be friday...If Friday is too late i can bring it forward...just let me know on the thread please guys...

i'll do it tomoroow, dont want to use google. wanna free style it :p

i'll do it tomoroow, dont want to use google. wanna free style it :p

No Google with Peehs

Entry gone in

Educated guess on a couple/

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    No Google with Peehs

Entry gone in

Educated guess on a couple/

15 entries so far...couple of massive sheeps:D

15 entries so far...couple of massive sheeps:D

There was a couple there that had one obvious answer.

Tried going around Europe in my head to think of alternatives & could not think of any.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    There was a couple there that had one obvious answer.

Tried going around Europe in my head to think of alternatives & could not think of any.

Yeah, there's a few I can only think of one but am hoping something else comes to mind

Still two I'm completely stumped on!

Yeah, there's a few I can only think of one but am hoping something else comes to mind

Still two I'm completely stumped on!

When i was on the player side of the line, it was fair annoying trying to answer for a few letters if i'm honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I have no idea of any city that has played Champions League beginning with U. There is one club I can think of that might be close, but dont they ever played champions league

Advertisement