Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like to be quarantined with yourself?

Options
  • 04-04-2020 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

I’ve realized that I’m a pretty bland person. Is it just me or is natural given the times we are in. I’m not depressed or anything, just life just sort of plods along.
    Get up, make coffee read, blare some tunes, make some coffee watch a few shows, make some coffee, read some more, go for a walk, some home workout. The end.

Don’t know what I can do to liven up my inner world.

Have come to the conclusion, I’m not the best of quarantine company.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I’ve realized that I’m a pretty bland person. Is it just me or is natural given the times we are in. I’m not depressed or anything, just life just sort of plods along.
    Get up, make coffee read, blare some tunes, make some coffee watch a few shows, make some coffee, read some more, go for a walk, some home workout. The end.

You sound ideal to me. You'd be much better company than my daughter at least. She's really doing my head in at the moment, opening the fridge every minute and moaning because she can't go out to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Probably not to be honest. I'd be a bit uncomfortable being cooped up with some guy who's **** all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'd probably find out that I was a complete wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

No, I’m lazy.
    I only put on pants at 3 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Huh? I am quarantined with myself.

How do you get away from yourself? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Huh? I am quarantined with myself.

How do you get away from yourself? :confused:

It's a semi-rhetorical question designed to provide a handy platform for blowing one's trumpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

An aspie self quarantined, fcuk yea, bring it on, neurotypicals are weird anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I have a baby and a 2 year old. The idea of being holed up alone in silence seems amazing to me! I could read, drink hot tea, cook and clean with no hassle.

Dude..I'm almost concerned about your mental health/self esteem.. between this and those few threads a few months ago.. you're probably grand.. like, you read, so you have that on like 70 % of the population.. the whole quarantine thing is making everyone reconsider things..I'd say you're probably fairly alright if you stopped basing your sense of self worth on external factors.. you get up, read a bit, bang out some tunes..you're grand..use it as an opportunity to learn a new skill if you want..(not game or confidence/social skill related..)..

• Advertisement

Yeah, meditate..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Still plenty of upkeep opportunities to keep yourself from going loopy. Window ledges got a sand down and a fresh coat also am still in the process of turning my shed over. Spent a little too long testing the integrity of the bathroom mirror late last night which broke; gotta fix that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

I sort of am.. My father and I are very alike (or so I'm told), there's a reason neither of us have hair, male pattern baldness is only part of it!

MrMiata wrote: »
    I sort of am.. My father and I are very alike (or so I'm told), there's a reason neither of us have hair, male pattern baldness is only part of it!

Is he trying to use the kick sweep?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'd be good company.
    Go quiet when too stressed but sometimes silence is golden.
    I am sure you're fine, you sound normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Yeah I'm pretty sound like. And a decent chef!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I wasn't exactly self-quarantined, but I used 5 days of my annual holidays last week, and it was great. Today, was my half-first day back (I can partly 'work' from home!) and it was okay too, but I'd be quite happy to stay by myself.

If I had to share a quarantine situation with the OP or similar, I'd survive, so long as there was very limited contact.

"Howya."
    "Still alive, feeling okay?"
    "Yeah, me too..."
    "See ya Thursday, maybe."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Actually, thinking about it, in normal situations when I visit the family house, often I move to a room by myself if there are too many people there. 15 minutes later, everyone has migrated to the new room I'm in, and I have to move again. I'm not claiming to have a sparkling personality, but I just know that I try to escape all the others...

I'd drive myself demented, throwing out cups of tea I hadn't quite finished and straightening up stuff that isn't crooked to begin with. Nope, I'd avoid her like the plague, given the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The more I think about it, the less I’d be enamored with being stuck quarantined with me...

Positives :

Resourceful
    Can do attitude
    Can adapt
    Decent cook
    Think outside the box for solutions to tricky problems
    I never quit

Negativity:

Quite impatient
    Can overreact or worry initially if there is a negative turn of events
    Can be irritable and irritating in equal or worse measure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Maybe if I showered more regularly, but other than that I would be okay with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No, we know too much about each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I would have no problem been quarantined with myself as then I would only have to do have the work in and around the house like house cleaning and washing clothes, hanging them up, cooking etc. Sure could take turns cooking. If brains were somehow linked then could take turns at walling the dogs, watching the T.V as what one see's the other would see and one could do the cleaning, or walk the dogs while the other watch's T.V or goes online and then switch around the next day. Sounds good to me.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have a baby and a 2 year old. The idea of being holed up alone in silence seems amazing to me! I could read, drink hot tea, cook and clean with no hassle.

A baby and a 2 yo.
    They'd be no lovinginapril fr you.
    And you sound like a goer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

cj maxx wrote: »
    And you sound like a goer :)

And you sound like my husband!

Advertisement