Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Within Ireland travel

Options
  • 13-03-2020 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I have a planned travel to county Tipperary with kids for 2 nights (Dublin to Tipp) starting coming Sunday. Shall I cancel it or is it still safe to travel within Ireland? I am staying at a self-catering house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Jaysus...

:rolleyes:

Make sure you fill the boot with bog roll and sliced pans. You can use these to barter with bandits on the road. And watch out for zombies. Zombies are a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,832 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I have a planned travel to county Tipperary with kids for 2 nights (Dublin to Tipp) starting coming Sunday. Shall I cancel it or is it still safe to travel within Ireland? I am staying at a self-catering house.
    how would it be unsafe?

a ) you drive in your car- the only people in the car are you and the kids, so no higher risk than elsewhere. Your kids are the problem.

b ) the house, likely empty all week so the 3 day life of the virus means its sterile. Again, its your kids who you will have no higher risk of catching the virus off when in Tipp than Dublin - unless the country air acts as a virus cataylist , but again, your kids are your problem.

What you do outside of that is where the "risk" is but if all you are doing is visiting a forest or something then theres no added risk, and going shopping in Dublin is likely many 1000s of times more risky than walking about with your kids in Tipp

I would think too that there is probably more of the virus circulating in urban areas than the middle of the country so you and your kids are more likely to bring the virus to Tipp than the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dennyk

A self-driving self-catering holiday where you aren't visiting a bunch of crowded attractions or events isn't any more risky than staying at home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

i wood hide in the woods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Make sure and bring your gun. Tipperary is full of highwaymen these days

Under no circumstances should you go past the M50 for asking such an idiotic question

• Advertisement

If you’re going to be around the same people as you would be at home for the trip, then fine. If you’re going to go among other people while you’re there then stay at home.

If you’re going to be around the same people as you would be at home for the trip, then fine. If you’re going to go among other people while you’re there then stay at home.

makes no sense how can you go away and be with same people ?

makes no sense how can you go away and be with same people ?

Family gets in car.
    Family travels in car.
    Family arrives in different place.
    Family is now the same people away in a different place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Riders on the storm
    Riders on the storm
    Take a long holiday
    Let your children play

No need to quote the abuse - Dory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Its perfectly safe. Go and enjoy your holiday. The parents were down the sunny south east recently and had a great time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Exactly, why travel indeed?
    Might be nice to get away though, but it’s not the right time to be going places amongst other people while you are away.

The rest of your post doesn’t warrant stooping to your level.

maybe read the news :)

8 of us girls had a house booked in Clare for the last weekend of the month.
    The owner text today & said maybe better if we cancel she will refund the money, she didn't have to & I'm very happy she offered.
    I also cancelled a stay this week at a lovely 5 star hotel because my mother was coming with me, she wouldn't be happy going. Hotel said no problem, all they are getting is cancellations

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

Looking on booking.com over the next few weeks most of the major city’s Dublin Cork Galway etc are still charging rip off prices.

With the drop in tourism and mass cancellations I would have thought that this would see prices fall? Is this just greed from the hoteliers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Looking on booking.com over the next few weeks most of the major city’s Dublin Cork Galway etc are still charging rip off prices.

With the drop in tourism and mass cancellations I would have thought that this would see prices fall? Is this just greed from the hoteliers?

It's early days

• Registered Users Posts: 42 shirazhyder84

Try airbnb.

Advertisement