The Festival curates and presents the best in emerging international and Irish film and moving image culture for a wide audience through the annual festival.
Virgin Media DIFF are kindly giving us 4 double passes to see The Kindness of Strangers on 3rd March in Cineworld at the festival.
Acclaimed Danish filmmaker Lone Scherfig has assembled a starry cast including Bill Nighy and Zoe Kazan for her latest, set over one tough winter in New York. A number of different characters struggle with dramatic events as they fight for better lives in the fable about humanity and the power of love. They include a young mother (Kazan) who is seeking a new life for herself in the city with her young boys after leaving an abusive relationship. Nighy plays Timofey, the eccentric owner of a top Russian restaurant, who hires an ex-con seeking to rebuild his life as a manager. Andrea Riseborough is a busy nurse who wants to give more to her community, and Caleb Landry Jones a young man determined to beat his own demons in a film that gently intertwines to the sounds and sights of one of the world’s greatest cities.
Bill Nighy & Lone Sherfig in attendance
With support of the Embassy of Denmark in Ireland
TO ENTER: To be in with a chance to win, tell us about the most unusual or memorable film you’ve ever seen. If you can’t think of one, you can still post to enter.
Terms & Conditions
- You must be available to attend the film on Tuesday 3rd March.
- Competition will run for one week, winners will be chosen for this competition on 27 Feb and notified by a post in this thread and by PM.
- Winners will be chosen randomly
- Competition is open to all users, mods, c mods, admins
- One entry per user
- If winners do not respond within a reasonable time frame, another winner will be chosen.