Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ras Luimni

Options
  • 15-02-2020 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭

Folks
    Just went to register for Ras Luimni but it appears to be gone off the events calendar on CI website
    I'm 100% sure it was down for 15th March
    Anyone have any info on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

Just after seeing this (see attached screenshot). Ras Luimni - Rejected
    What exactly does this mean? CI have rejected their application to hold the race???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Weird as I'd had this in my events but have now changed to a race the day before.

Interesting to see what appears on Facebook over the day for the cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

dahat wrote: »
    Weird as I'd had this in my events but have now changed to a race the day before.

Interesting to see what appears on Facebook over the day for the cancellation.

Where you going instead? Newbridge? Think I'll have to head to Sligo. 😬

G1032 wrote: »
    Where you going instead? Newbridge? Think I'll have to head to Sligo. 😬

Ras Naomh Finnan,, nice simple course but flat out gallop at the end not my forte but I'll have a crack at it as a prep race. I'm reliant on a lift so if that falls through I'll end up doing a Zwift race maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭NCW13

Hi,
    Ras Luimni will be replaced on calendar by Michael Shiels and Darach McCarthy RR. Formerly run in Broadford county Limerick. This year they will be run from Knockaderry village near Newcastle West on Saturday 14th. Details on CI website early next week. Cycling Munster just approved the event.

• Advertisement

Seperate A3 race for this? Or is it handicapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

NCW13 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Ras Luimni will be replaced on calendar by Michael Shiels and Darach McCarthy RR. Formerly run in Broadford county Limerick. This year they will be run from Knockaderry village near Newcastle West on Saturday 14th. Details on CI website early next week. Cycling Munster just approved the event.

any more word on this race?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭slow

The National road race championships are being held in Limerick. I'm surmising that Limerick CC are devoting all of their energies to that mammoth task?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

dahat wrote: »
    Seperate A3 race for this? Or is it handicapped?

Those races have always been handicapped and I suspect won't be any different this time.

Wouldn't let that put you off though. Last edition in Rathkeale 2 years ago was very enjoyable. Only about 8 riders caught the a3 group and that was late in the race

Those races have always been handicapped and I suspect won't be any different this time.

Wouldn't let that put you off though. Last edition in Rathkeale 2 years ago was very enjoyable. Only about 8 riders caught the a3 group and that was late in the race

Looks like it's Naomh Finnan as first outing for me now.

I am going to try a handicap this year to see as I've never done one and tbh I'd fancy my legs in a strong group of lasting out a good while.

• Advertisement

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    any more word on this race?

20km circuit based at Knockaderry. 4km from Newcastle West. One hill, 115m climbing in last 2km. A1,2,3 is handicap over 102km. A3 getting 5mns on A2 with A1 one minute later. A4'S have 3 laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Any circuit link ? And signon close and start time ? CI calendar just says 11

Any circuit link ? And signon close and start time ? CI calendar just says 11

Sign on from 9.15am to 10.45am with an 11am start. Race HQ is the village hall in Knockaderry which is 4km from Newcastle West. I'll post up full details tomorrow.

Advertisement