Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Hams to help test new CW decoder app

Options
  • 21-12-2019 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I need some help from boards Hams or SWLs that have android phones.

Last year I retired (from computer vision/AI development) and in my new found spare time I have been writing a morse decode app for android. The app is using totally new methods to decode CW, and I hope it will bring desktop decode performance (or better) to mobiles.

Madlad probably now understands why I have been connected to his SDR for long periods of time, at all hours. There is a credit to you in the app, and if the app sells the first sales will be donated to you via the link on the websdr..

Anyway, I need a few people with android phones to help me test, you would also need to have a suitable radio with CW filters etc. A knowledge of how CW conversations are structured, or a willingness to learn, would be great. A tester with a PC running desktop decode (CWGet/Fldigi) to compare would be just perfect.

2 or 3 testers would be ideal, to help me finalise the app and provide feedback. I will of course give you a free copy of the final app when its released.

Anyone able to help me out ? I have included a quick image of the beta as it is now (there is a simple mode with no advanced controls). If I get any takers I will make a quick video of it in action for you so you get the idea.

Thanks for reading this far, hopefully there might be some interest..

smartmorse.jpg.

Comments

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Hi there

I need some help from boards Hams or SWLs that have android phones.

Last year I retired (from computer vision/AI development) and in my new found spare time I have been writing a morse decode app for android. The app is using totally new methods to decode CW, and I hope it will bring desktop decode performance (or better) to mobiles.

Madlad probably now understands why I have been connected to his SDR for long periods of time, at all hours. There is a credit to you in the app, and if the app sells the first sales will be donated to you via the link on the websdr..

Anyway, I need a few people with android phones to help me test, you would also need to have a suitable radio with CW filters etc. A knowledge of how CW conversations are structured, or a willingness to learn, would be great. A tester with a PC running desktop decode (CWGet/Fldigi) to compare would be just perfect.

2 or 3 testers would be ideal, to help me finalise the app and provide feedback. I will of course give you a free copy of the final app when its released.

Anyone able to help me out ? I have included a quick image of the beta as it is now (there is a simple mode with no advanced controls). If I get any takers I will make a quick video of it in action for you so you get the idea.

Thanks for reading this far, hopefully there might be some interest..

smartmorse.jpg.

I'm flattered, thanks so much, wow glad my sdr had an impact ! :D they were both very expensive to set up and costs 20 Euro's PM to keep online. :D hint to others reading ! ;)

I wouldn't be able to help with the app development unfortunately and I don't have an Android phone. But I wish you the best of luck and hope it's a great success !

It looks great by the way.

Do you have the ability to keep it updated and resolve bugs, update for new android versions etc ?

498112.jpg

Advertisement