Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smyths Toys Discount €5 off €50/€10 off €100

Options
  • 26-11-2019 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Smyths are offering €5 off €50 and €10 off €100 spend in store until Monday 2nd December.

Voucher needed for discount, can be downloaded from the Smyths website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Digital copies accepted :)
    I was worried they'd need printing off

Here's the vouchers...
    https://image.smythstoys.com/images/Content-Images/vouchers/Black-Friday-Voucher-WEB-ROI.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

havent read the t&c but for AIB Rewards customers- use in conjunction with 10 back on 100 to get 20 off altogether though I guess you would have to spend e110 at till to make sure e100 hits AIB- planning on trying it this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Digital copies accepted :)
    I was worried they'd need printing off

Here's the vouchers...
    https://image.smythstoys.com/images/Content-Images/vouchers/Black-Friday-Voucher-WEB-ROI.pdf

Thanks, but its just cost me €7 to print that page due to the amount of black ink :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

lowelife wrote: »
    Thanks, but its just cost me €7 to print that page due to the amount of black ink :p

It's a scam, Smyth's are going to try to sell you printer cartridges :p

But yeah - on your phone is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is that off every €100, or just the first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Will this work if I top up a gift card with €100?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Will this work if I top up a gift card with €100?

T&C says no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

Will this work for a controller as the voucher only mentions video games and consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

alwald wrote: »
    Will this work for a controller as the voucher only mentions video games and consoles.

i doubt it
    wouldnt work for my missus earlier on buying a fitbit

oh and i think it is only a one voucher per transaction and it does apply to each 50 you spend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

lowelife wrote: »
    T&C says no

Thanks, I don't know how I missed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

havent read the t&c but for AIB Rewards customers- use in conjunction with 10 back on 100 to get 20 off altogether though I guess you would have to spend e110 at till to make sure e100 hits AIB- planning on trying it this Friday

Did this last year.

You need €110 in the trolly to get the smiths discount, once that goes through, all AIB sees is a €100 transaction on the card so they credit €10 to the account.

They'll only take one per transaction, so you'll need to have more than one person & trolly.

The girl we got on the till last year copped we were talking to each other in the queue & asked if we were together because it was only one per household.

Felt like I was pulling off a heist :)

OU812 wrote: »
    Did this last year.

You need €110 in the trolly to get the smiths discount, once that goes through, all AIB sees is a €100 transaction on the card so they credit €10 to the account.

They'll only take one per transaction, so you'll need to have more than one person & trolly.

The girl we got on the till last year copped we were talking to each other in the queue & asked if we were together because it was only one per household.

Felt like I was pulling off a heist :)

I went through a few years ago. Didn’t even have a voucher. Girl at the till asked if I had a voucher as I got close to 100, told her no. She stopped once the ton popped up on the register, produced a voucher from somewhere and told me she would run the rest through on separate transaction because it was only a max of 100 spend to get the discount. I think she might have ran 3 or maybe 4 loads through in separate transactions.

Moral is
    Some care about being stick in the muds and saving a global corporation loads of money while they get no thanks.

On the other hand Some are just really decent people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Just did it again. 3 different cards, 3 different transactions. €30 off at the till & 3 x €10 back to each account. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Seve OB wrote: »
    I went through a few years ago. Didn’t even have a voucher. Girl at the till asked if I had a voucher as I got close to 100, told her no. She stopped once the ton popped up on the register, produced a voucher from somewhere and told me she would run the rest through on separate transaction because it was only a max of 100 spend to get the discount. I think she might have ran 3 or maybe 4 loads through in separate transactions.

Moral is
    Some care about being stick in the muds and saving a global corporation loads of money while they get no thanks.

They’re Irish owned not a global corporation!!!

1984baby wrote: »
    They’re Irish owned not a global corporation!!!
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Some people like to get carried away lol

Never said anything about who owns them. 200 stores across 5 countries. Ok so maybe not quite global but you get what I mean

Advertisement