Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a 404 error when trying to access 'My threads'

Options
  • 04-11-2019 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else getting this error on the touch website? I've been getting it for a week now and have contacted the administrators twice.

Needless to say I won't see any replies to this post due to the 404 error

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Error 404

Sorry, this reply is not available right now. Please try again later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

Moved to helpdesk from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Yes have been getting this often the last week or two, at the same time the touch site has often become unresponsive and only half loading pages (i.e half the page completely black).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Clearing cache and cookies has sorted it in past cases at least.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks all, it may be connected to a php upgrade in progress at the moment, I'll let the guys know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Spear wrote: »
    Clearing cache and cookies has sorted it in past cases at least.

Not an option to me as I'd lose my logins.

Thanks all, it may be connected to a php upgrade in progress at the moment, I'll let the guys know.

Is it possible to pm me when it's resolved? I can only see a thread when there's a new reply. If I look at a thread with no new replies I get a 404 error

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

I'm getting the same since this afternoon/early evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I'm getting them too and I've cleared my cache

I cleared cache and it’s still happening. 404s galore today.

• Advertisement

Sorry guys, the team will be looking into these today. Is it when you only try to view a thread or when trying post or anything else?

Sorry guys, the team will be looking into these today. Is it when you only try to view a thread or when trying post or anything else?

When I try to view a thread. I can view it if I’m not signed in if that helps.

But I managed to view this thread so ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I just get the message when I try to look at ‘YLYL’ thread on touch site.
    Everything else is working ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I get this on touch, seems to only happen in my threads, happening last week or so

If it’s any help. If I try to access this thread using “my threads” or by taking the route talk to - boards - help - etc, I get 404 error.

When I went via latest posts and went back the pages, I was able to get into thread and make this post.

I’m using touch.

Usually when viewing a thread and it can be random, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

May be related but have also got a few 503 errors in the last few hours too.

It appears to me I can only view the threads when there's a new post, otherwise I get the 404 error

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I am also having the same issue on touch and can’t seem to access a select few of my threads. It seems to only be occurring with the ones I click into most. I can only access them by switching to “full site” at the bottom of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

If it’s any help. If I try to access this thread using “my threads” or by taking the route talk to - boards - help - etc, I get 404 error.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

I'm also getting this error when I click on the thread title but can access the thread if I click on the last post time eg.4 mins ago.

• Advertisement

This is becoming a pain in the hole. Nearly all threads now I get 404. Touch site using Dolphin browser

This issue should be resolved now, please let us know here if it happens again. Thanks for your patience.

This issue should be resolved now, please let us know here if it happens again. Thanks for your patience.

Seems to be resolved on my end

Seems to be resolved on my end

Brilliant, thanks One More Toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Resolved for me too. Thanks

Yes resolved now, the 503 error seems gone too, was there a connection between the two errors?

Looks good, thanks :)

Hmm still 404 on a particular thread for me

• Advertisement

GM228 wrote: »
    Yes resolved now, the 503 error seems gone too, was there a connection between the two errors?
    They were both being caused by a php upgrade that has been rolled back for the moment so some more investigations can be done.
    Hmm still 404 on a particular thread for me
    Which one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement